Donna Vekic - Page 269 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Apr 27th, 2013, 03:04 PM   #4021
country flag Hele.

Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Donna Vekic

MP, come on!
Advertisement

Old Apr 27th, 2013, 03:05 PM   #4022
country flag Ajmo

Ajmo is just really nice Ajmo is just really nice Ajmo is just really nice Ajmo is just really nice Ajmo is just really nice Ajmo is just really nice Ajmo is just really nice Ajmo is just really nice Ajmo is just really nice Ajmo is just really nice Ajmo is just really nice

Got it!!!! Dushevina came to the net after a long rally and Donna hit a perfect passing shot
Ajmo is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 27th, 2013, 03:07 PM   #4023
xcrtbckhnd

xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future

Yes!!!!!
xcrtbckhnd is online now View My Blog!  
Old Apr 27th, 2013, 03:07 PM   #4024
country flag Hele.

Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute

And she won!!!! Congratulations! (6-4 4-6 6-3)
This was really, but really tough match! Time was swelter. Donna was losing 2-5 in second set, than was back at 4-5 just to lose the set. Then 0-2 down in third but she just stayed focused and concentrate and didn't let her opponent to win this one! And such experienced opponent as Dushevina is! Both played some great tennis (for example, muuuch better quality then Tomljanovic vs. Zhang) and I'm really glad with what I have seen from Donna in this match. Now Kulichkova...heh, this will be her 8th match in Istanbul and she doesn't have much experience at this stage so let's hope Donna will take this title!
Old Apr 27th, 2013, 03:08 PM   #4025
country flag Hele.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajmo View Post
Got it!!!! Dushevina came to the net after a long rally and Donna hit a perfect passing shot

Why stream had to stop working for me??

Let's hope it will work without problems tomorrow.
Old Apr 27th, 2013, 03:21 PM   #4026
country flag Hele.

Btw, Kulichkova's scorelines this week are so impressive

Q1 def. Zakharova 6-1 6-0
Q2 def. Kalabina 6-4 6-3
Q3 def. Cervera-Vazquez 6-1 6-3
R1 def. Shapatava 6-0 6-3
R2 def. Kichenok 6-2 6-3
QF def. Lertcheewakarn 6-3 6-0
SF def. Vrljic 6-1 7-5
F vs. Vekic ????
Old Apr 27th, 2013, 03:57 PM   #4027
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Even after seeing just the third set today, I can honestly say I'm really happy with Donna's game. Dushevina came into the set very strongly and Donna's frustration about losing the previous one certainly didn't help. But as she hung in and settled bit by bit she came back and once she did, she became pretty much the driving force. Of course, there were still tough points being played and Donna had to work very hard until the end, as Vera is not a player who will back down easily, but I was pretty sure Donna will win once she leveled the score in that third set. It's great that she made it here, not just because of a win, not just because of another final, nor because this enters her into her 100th pro match, but primarily because it was a real battle, against a player who tried to dictate and force her game even when she was losing. Many players would've crumbled down under pressure in a match like this way before Vera Dushevina, which makes Donna's win all the more valuable.

So that's a nice way to spend a Saturday afternoon, watching one of our great hopes win an important match. Congrats Donna and best of luck tomorrow!

P. S. Anyone remembers when was the last time we had 3 players with their matches streamed on a same day, on a Saturday?!
ma re is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 28th, 2013, 05:03 AM   #4028
country flag anthonyqld

anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of anthonyqld has much to be proud of

What time is the final?
Yulia Putintseva , Vera Zvonareva , Dominika Cibulkova , Serena Williams , Galina Voskoboeva , Elena Vesnina
Alison Riske , Storm Sanders , Laura Robson , Jarmila Gajdosova , Olivia Rogowska, Tsvetana Pironkova
anthonyqld is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 28th, 2013, 05:07 AM   #4029
country flag networthy

networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future networthy has a brilliant future

Great win for Donna over Dushevina, who is a whole ten years older (!) and has a CH ranking of 31.

I actually expected Donna to lose and Vrljic to win
networthy is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 28th, 2013, 07:15 AM   #4030
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Many people at the Istanbul thread saying they were impressed with Donna's game as well as self-control, but also that the final won't be an easy one based on what they saw. I have to say that I agree in that Donna played very well at times, pulling out some really impressive winners and outhiting her opponent. Hope she'll be able to do it again, cause she is allegedly up against a good quality big hitter able to sustain long rallies on both wings.

Oh, and I also wonder at what time the final starts...
Old Apr 28th, 2013, 07:22 AM   #4031
BlueTrees

BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute

Kulichkova is no slouch, she has been as high as #3 in juniors and reached the Australian Open semis this year, taking Konjuh to three sets. She also seems to be on fire this week, coming all the way from qualifying to the final without dropping a set. It could be the start of a future rivalry, they're both born in 1996.

The final will be streamed, right? It should be a good one
Old Apr 28th, 2013, 07:34 AM   #4032
BlueTrees

BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute

By the way Donna has played Kulichkova three times before in juniors, all in 2011. Donna won twice in straight sets and lost once in three. The loss was on hardcourt, which is the same surface as Istanbul. Probably not relevant, but still.
Old Apr 28th, 2013, 07:36 AM   #4033
country flag Hele.

So, some facts about Donna's match vs. Kulichkova, currently 794th player in the ranking.

First of all, her opponent in whole her career (before this tournament) has had W-L 7-4 and just on 10k tournaments. Her biggest wins were against numbers 372 and 375.
This week, she beat 4 top 300 players, among only Kichenok is top 200 (at WTA 192th). Which means, she has never played against top 100 player before match against Donna!

Furthermore, she is still very active on junior tour. Her career high there was 3rd place last year in May, while currently she is 19th. This year she is on 11-3 in singles and 9-2 in doubles. So, we can see, she is still focused more on juniors than seniors. Her best junior result by far is Australian Open semifinal where she was stopped by...Ana Konjuh (6-2 3-6 6-1)!

Also, we shouldn't forget facts about their H2H meetings. Although all of them were in 2011. and on junior tour, still can be good sign. Donna is leading 2-1, but both of meetings she won, were on clay. Results were 6-3 7-6 and 6-3 6-3 (this one was in final in Kolkata). While on hard, in final, in Delhi Kulichkova won 5-7 7-6 7-5!

Well, since that, Donna has achieved much more in seniors and definitely has more experience. She is favorite by far in today's match on paper but we really could see how Elisaveta was impressive so far on this tournament and that is not going to be easy at all.

Let's go Donna and good luck!
Old Apr 28th, 2013, 08:27 AM   #4034
country flag vladekCRO

vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold

Match starts at 15.30h, I guess that stream will be on same link as yesterday.

Come on Donna, win this and go TOP 80
vladekCRO is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 28th, 2013, 08:32 AM   #4035
country flag ma re

Unfortunatelly, even with a title here, she probably can't jump more than 5 spots - soon these sorts of events won't matter at all for her ranking!
Closed Thread