Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6 - Page 151 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Apr 26th, 2013, 02:47 PM   #2251
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
The reason they don't do that imo is because it takes the focus off of the player who won, and puts the focus on to the player who lost. The WTA probably don't really want people discussing what is going wrong in Caroline's career, they just want everyone to think it's all going along rosy. The WTA website articles anyway are aimed at casual readers, not die hard fans like us who are already engrossed in their product anyway.
Well,language is not that hard to manipulate;after offering a caveat about the upset,they could simply say,'However,____ HAS beaten other top players with impressive victories in big events,so she's certainly capable of taking out the highly-ranked when she's in form.'

The WTA,in my view,SHOULD do as UEFA does and think about the perception of the sport and expanding it beyond the hardcore fanbase...and show more respect for the casual fan's intelligence,too(even if that's not always warranted).I can't possibly be the only working person who feels a bit insulted when some lazy-ass,pampered rich GIRL(to use the term 'woman' would be an insult to mature women worldwide)is unwilling to work on her game,puts forth some half-assed result,and is then rewarded by being given star treatment by the WTA p.r. hacks.Caroline isn't the worst aprovechada by a long shot,but even SHE seems to be manipulating the WTA's Coddling the Divas Policy,to some extent,with some of her asinine post-match pressers.I suspect that the WTA loses lots of working-class folk with such a policy,and I don't see other sports do that nearly as much.An NFL player who constantly refused to play with minor,possibly non-existent,injuries would quickly become a JOKE,and he would lose endorsement offers,too.In the WTA,Product Quality seems to be a lesser priority

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Our Slam: Islas Marias Prison Island Open--Benito Juarez Open(red clay)--Mazatlan Open(LOTS of Mexican 'grass' AND 'sugar')--the Mexico City Open(VERY poorly attended b/c almost NO ONE can get thru the traffic)
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 26th, 2013, 02:55 PM   #2252
country flag overrule

overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold

Caro doesn't need to hit more winners with her forehand. She just needs to win more points with her forehand.

The "winners" stat is so deceptive. I saw her match against Voegele, and she likely had more forehand winners than usual in that match despite the loss. However, this does not tell the story of how bad her forehand was during the match. There were numerous points in which she got herself inside the baseline and in a good position to finish the point only to hit a short FH with not nearly enough angle. The result of which was that Caroline was then out of position and Voegele had an easy DTL winner. Had Caroline won half of these points, she probably would have won in straight sets.

I believe Sanchez was on the right track in trying to promote her inside-out forehand. I thought the same thing back at the start of 2012 and was optimistic of her improvement after her tight QF loss to Clijsters. I wrote an article about her game following that match (If you're interested, the link is here). Of course, her serve has also regressed since then.

I posted a knee-jerk poll a few weeks back concerning her forehand and took a lot of grief for it. But I really believe this is the key that is holding her back. She's kind of like a horse running on three legs, and it's really amazing how good she was despite her handicap.
overrule is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 26th, 2013, 04:30 PM   #2253
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

2 years ago I thought Caroline had an excellent game, and just needed to keep trying to improve her serve, forehand and volley, while maintaining her style of play.

Caroline didnt believe she had an excellent game, or she would have never blown it up the way she did
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 26th, 2013, 05:17 PM   #2254
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
2Caroline didnt believe she had an excellent game, or she would have never blown it up the way she did
Maybe in a couple of years, we can read about what actually transpired over the summer of 2011 ... 'Caroline Wozniacki, behind the strings' ... How I sabotaged and ruined my own game.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 26th, 2013, 05:49 PM   #2255
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
Maybe in a couple of years, we can read about what actually transpired over the summer of 2011 ... 'Caroline Wozniacki, behind the strings' ... How I sabotaged and ruined my own game.
I dont think we'll ever get clear answers. What went on in those losses to Vinci & Mchale were pretty clear. A lot of unforced forehand errors.
That its 2013 and she's lost 3 of her last 4 matches, all with good draws, there's no point to rationalize it. Its poor results when she's healthy & is favored to win. Thats been almost 2 years now.
This is her form now. Pretty well established that she rarely fights like she used to and rarely gets deep into a draw

Last edited by goldenlox : Apr 26th, 2013 at 07:09 PM.
Old Apr 26th, 2013, 09:36 PM   #2256
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
Well, let's hope that she can add another chapter to that book...."How I eventually got back to the top."

We can always hope.
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 27th, 2013, 04:22 AM   #2257
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Even though it might sell lots of copies amongst smut fans,I'd ALSO like the chapter,"Caroline gets widely passed around the ATP," to be omitted from the book.Of course,it'd be better if there were no basis whatsoever for such claims,nor do I think that there ever WILL be.There are already ample gals who fit that description

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Our Slam: Islas Marias Prison Island Open--Benito Juarez Open(red clay)--Mazatlan Open(LOTS of Mexican 'grass' AND 'sugar')--the Mexico City Open(VERY poorly attended b/c almost NO ONE can get thru the traffic)
Old Apr 27th, 2013, 05:24 PM   #2258
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Well, let's hope that she can add another chapter to that book...."How I eventually got back to the top."

We can always hope.
Yes, all we have left now is the hope . I think that the current chapter in the book could be called ´searching for my game´because she still seems to be going round in circles trying to find the right combination of defence and offence.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 27th, 2013, 05:39 PM   #2259
country flag neverforget

neverforget is a name known to all neverforget is a name known to all neverforget is a name known to all neverforget is a name known to all neverforget is a name known to all neverforget is a name known to all neverforget is a name known to all neverforget is a name known to all neverforget is a name known to all neverforget is a name known to all neverforget is a name known to all

I propose a chapter about "How I Lost My Game By Keeping My Father As Coach." I am thoroughly disgusted, and I don't care about how Caroline and her father are oh so close, she tried Sanchez and it didn't work, her father got her to #1, it is all Rory McIlroy's fault or "he is an albatross," she and her father are close, and on and on. It is all BS. Every woman in her group and most newer players have coaches, and they are beating the crap out of her. She needs someone to tell her the straight truth right now in a nice but very, very firm way. She is too damn old to be depending on her father who, in my opinion, is intrusive as hell on the court. His monologues are painful to watch and listen to.

I am sure this will not be a popular position here or anywhere. Well, maybe in the coaches lobby.
neverforget is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 27th, 2013, 05:40 PM   #2260
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Originally Posted by marineblue View Post
Yes, all we have left now is the hope . I think that the current chapter in the book could be called ´searching for my game´because she still seems to be going round in circles trying to find the right combination of defence and offence.
And as long as it remains that way,it won't matter that much what kinds of draws Caroline gets;she has to 'find herself',so to speak

Old Apr 27th, 2013, 06:25 PM   #2261
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverforget View Post
I propose a chapter about "How I Lost My Game By Keeping My Father As Coach." I am thoroughly disgusted, and I don't care about how Caroline and her father are oh so close, she tried Sanchez and it didn't work, her father got her to #1, it is all Rory McIlroy's fault or "he is an albatross," she and her father are close, and on and on. It is all BS. Every woman in her group and most newer players have coaches, and they are beating the crap out of her. She needs someone to tell her the straight truth right now in a nice but very, very firm way. She is too damn old to be depending on her father who, in my opinion, is intrusive as hell on the court. His monologues are painful to watch and listen to.

I am sure this will not be a popular position here or anywhere. Well, maybe in the coaches lobby.
I don't know exactly why but this line actually made me laugh out loud.

I am picturing Agnieszka holding Caroline's arms behind her back while Victoria mercilessly pummels her in the stomach.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 27th, 2013, 06:38 PM   #2262
country flag goldenlox

The worst part of this is how easily she accepts losing. Sharapova is in her 3rd straight final. Vika withdraws rather than losing.
Caroline loses & loses & loses.. and she still plays this goofy style where she makes forehand errors on the most crucial points.

Lets say she really is trying to switch to an aggressive forehand game. Until she gets there (thats a big assumption that she'll ever be good at this) wouldnt she still play the big points more carefully, so she can get another match and another chance to hit more aggressive forehands?

Its the way she loses, almost tanking matches that are very winnable.. That really is the strange part. She doesnt mind losing every match

In 6 of 10 tournaments this year she lost 1st or 2nd match. 3 wins in 6 tournaments! She used to win 30,40 matches before she lost 6 matches

Old Apr 27th, 2013, 07:07 PM   #2263
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
I don't know exactly why but this line actually made me laugh out loud.

I am picturing Agnieszka holding Caroline's arms behind her back while Victoria mercilessly pummels her in the stomach.
Knowing how Agnieszka feels about Azarenka I think she would prefer Caroline to hold Vika's arms behind her back while she mercilessly punches Vika in the stomach.
Old Apr 27th, 2013, 07:20 PM   #2264
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverforget View Post

The first question that needs to be answered is, "How much does SHE - Caroline Wozniacki REALLY want it." She can hire the best coach on the planet, but if that all consuming desire to be as good as she can possibly be is no longer there it won't work. Rory, well, imagine that he was the boyfriend of someone like Sharapova. And give Sharapova even ten times the money she already has. It would have zero impact on her career as a tennis player, because she loves to compete. Loves the get the best out of herself at any cost. Caroline used to be like that. She needs to get it back. That above all else is the top priority as far as I am concerned.
Old Apr 27th, 2013, 07:26 PM   #2265
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Knowing how Agnieszka feels about Azarenka I think she would prefer Caroline to hold Vika's arms behind her back while she mercilessly punches Vika in the stomach.
Huh, are you suggesting that is how Azarenka "injured" her ankle?

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread