Sabine on Clay 2013 - Page 23 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 26th, 2013, 01:26 AM   #331
country flag JohnMcP

JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold
Re: Sabine on Clay 2013

So much of her matches is purely mental -- it's more important what is going on inside her head than even who is on the other side of the net. She definitely played tentatively whenever she was ahead and felt the pressure closing out both sets. But the important thing is she pulled through and gets to play another important match right away. The more experience she has in these situations, the better she will react.

Now the important thing is hopefully she can pay back Mattek-Sands for the French Open.
JohnMcP is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 26th, 2013, 04:56 AM   #332
Tennis Fool

Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute

Sabine! Great effort
Putintseva #1 player

MakarovaLisickiBarthelBeckTwinPliskovasSmitkovaPervakGavrilovaTownsendAllertovaAbandaPuchkova
Tennis Fool is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26th, 2013, 05:57 AM   #333
country flag Ian Aberdon

Ian Aberdon has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Aberdon View Post
JJ has never been blessed with out & out power. Sabs has that in abundance...but can she keep it in the court? If she can, I think she has a chance.
Phew!!!

Ich liebe dich nicht, du liebst mich nicht it's a braw moonlicht nicht the nicht
Ian Aberdon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26th, 2013, 07:06 AM   #334
country flag Beaumont

Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all

That's a great win for Sabine, a real chance of making the semis

We all know Sabine is capable of big wins, she just doesn't have consistency in her game

Sabine is the type of player who could beat Serena Williams on Tuesday & lose to Stevie Wonder on Wednesday
Beaumont is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26th, 2013, 07:09 AM   #335
country flag Schnffy

Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of

@sabinelisicki
Very happy with my win tonight! Thx for all the support- it was so much fun!!! Playing at 6pm vs Mattek tomorrow. Looking forward to it!
Old Apr 26th, 2013, 07:13 AM   #336
country flag Schnffy

Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of

@sabinelisicki
Nun bin ich auch mit allem fertig und werde schlafen gehen Morgen gehts um 18Uhr gegen Mattek weiter. Freu mich schon!
Quote:
Now I'm done with everything and will go to sleep
that was 2:16 AM
Old Apr 26th, 2013, 07:25 AM   #337
country flag KatjaS

KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaumont View Post
That's a great win for Sabine, a real chance of making the semis

We all know Sabine is capable of big wins, she just doesn't have consistency in her game

Sabine is the type of player who could beat Serena Williams on Tuesday & lose to Stevie Wonder on Wednesday
In my opinion she was remarkably consistent yesterday. She struggled a little bit whenever she was in the lead, but other than that she played on a very high level for the whole match against a good opponent. If she can bring 90% of what she showed yesterday to today's match she has a good shot at making the semis (and bringing herself within spitting distance of being seeded at the FO).
KatjaS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26th, 2013, 07:49 AM   #338
country flag Sabinator.

Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute

- nothing I can say much!

Magdalena Rybarikova * Su-Wei Hsieh * Jie Zheng * Jamie Hampton * Mathilde Johansson * Mona Barthel * Aleksandra Wozniak * Alison Riske
Andrea Petkovic * Jana Cepelova * Petra Cetkovska * Jovana Jaksic * Karolina Pliskova * Svetlana Kuznetsova * Yvonne Meusburger * Francesca Schiavone
Sabinator. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26th, 2013, 09:06 AM   #339
country flag WimbleBine

WimbleBine has much to be proud of WimbleBine has much to be proud of WimbleBine has much to be proud of WimbleBine has much to be proud of WimbleBine has much to be proud of WimbleBine has much to be proud of WimbleBine has much to be proud of WimbleBine has much to be proud of WimbleBine has much to be proud of WimbleBine has much to be proud of WimbleBine has much to be proud of

What a good win from Bine!! Jankovic was strong in this year and she wins in 2 sets!

Annika Beck - Nastasja Burnett - Sorana Cirstea - Julia Görges - Ana Ivanovic - Madison Keys
Mandy Minella - Monica Puig - Caroline Wozniacki - Carina Witthöft
WimbleBine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26th, 2013, 07:57 PM   #340
country flag JohnMcP

JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold

I think it can only be good. Sabine doesn't stress out over doubles as she does with singles, so it should help her relax.
JohnMcP is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27th, 2013, 01:26 AM   #341
country flag Mike81

Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe she can win another doubles title in Stuttgart

SABINE LISICKI- Wimbledon Quarter Finalist and Hong Kong Champion 2014!!

GENIE BOUCHARD- Australian Open Semi Finalist, French Open Semi Finalist, Wimbledon Finalist and Nuremburg Champion 2014!!
Mike81 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27th, 2013, 06:31 AM   #342
country flag Ian Aberdon

Ian Aberdon has disabled reputation

I wonder with Bine - the more instinctive she is (ie. less time to think about her shots) the better she is. As soon as she has time to think...she blows it; or, she thinks about it, putting doubt in her head. Any truth in this theory, fellow Bine sufferers?

Ich liebe dich nicht, du liebst mich nicht it's a braw moonlicht nicht the nicht
Ian Aberdon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27th, 2013, 08:39 AM   #343
country flag Beaumont

Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Aberdon View Post
I wonder with Bine - the more instinctive she is (ie. less time to think about her shots) the better she is. As soon as she has time to think...she blows it; or, she thinks about it, putting doubt in her head. Any truth in this theory, fellow Bine sufferers?
She has many psychological obstacles to overcome, and when playing singles her self belief seems to drain away too quickly

I think this is why she's a good doubles player & why she enjoys representing Germany in Fed Cup & Olympics - it's because she's part of a team & she gets energy+confidence from that

She also is very consistent on grass, but this is a self belief issue again, because she knows that she can beat anyone at Wimbledon, so she just goes out & plays without thinking too much about it

It might explain why she needs her dad and not other coaches. Her dad knows her better than anyone, and I imagine she doesn't take criticism well. He probably gives her support after a bad defeat, whereas a non family member may give her some abuse
Beaumont is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 27th, 2013, 10:44 PM   #344
country flag Bino

Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of Bino has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaumont View Post
It might explain why she needs her dad and not other coaches. Her dad knows her better than anyone, and I imagine she doesn't take criticism well. He probably gives her support after a bad defeat, whereas a non family member may give her some abuse
Agree. So she needs a coach who is respecting that part of her personality. Sanchez obviously wasn't and so it was the right decision to stop cooperation with him. I think Bine is a kind of good feeling player who needs total harmony in her surrounding to play the best possible tennis. If a coach is going to criticise her he has to do it by using the right careful words, clear but cautious enough not to touch her too much.

So Orliks address to her while on court coaching vs Bms wasn't as bad as many users here were supposing because he was trying to give her some confidence back. Only the way he was doing it was just too rhetorical and could not really convince her.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Bino is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28th, 2013, 06:02 PM   #345
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute

Great she could win a title together with Mona