Pac 12 - Page 78 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 25th, 2013, 10:41 AM   #1156
country flag tie_breaker

tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold
Re: Pac 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
Gibbsy just beat Malek. Does this mean Sabs>Gibbs>Malek?

And Gibbs is said to turn pro after Wimby.

I read somewhere that Gibbs was battling an injury during those 3 losses and struggled physically (could not hit the gym) and mentally (afraid to lose)...

It doesn't mean Sabs is automatically a top 100 player based on your equations

I heard Wimby is paying out a windfall this year and early round losers expect to get paid 60% more than previous years. Maybe Gibbs should turn pro before Wimby.
tie_breaker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 25th, 2013, 10:46 AM   #1157
country flag tie_breaker

tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Yeah, well I guess only Stanford might complain about the 32 draw since virtually all of the 6 players were stars in their junior years

For example, Ellen Imagine if Gibbsy did play..would that mean #4 Tan not playing?

Well, Ellen might play the Invitational, no? Strong contender to win it?
Recently, I have not seen Stanford's top players stack their players to participate in Invitationals, because in the past they've ended up having to play against each other, like 3 or 4 of them in SF

Why go to those tournaments to play a match they could have at home, no?
Old Apr 25th, 2013, 10:51 AM   #1158
country flag tie_breaker

[quote=fantic;27142546]I'm really sad at the bolded part. Wonder too. Maybe it has to do with STAN playing UF and other team there?

And, why do you favor only playing once? The more the merrier, no? AND there's individual Ojai. What more can a fan want?

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickshoes510 View Post
The doubles draw is out. fantic, you must be drooling at the first round matchup between KK/Sabs and Kyle/Chanelle. I guess Cat is still injured.
/QUOTE]

AND it's played at LP, so I might be able to record it

And, invitational. Some players might play 3 matches in one day, tomorrow
There was a quote somewhere in one of Stanford's newsletters around the time they played the Gators and it said something like to the effect that they would RATHER lose to the Gators then win against ANYBODY else

This is probably the mindset why they've been playing UF the past two years

Also, their schedule is much reduced, not playing indoors and what not. Not sure the reason behind it but it is likely due to academic pressure. Remember photo of Gibbsy in training room...
Old Apr 25th, 2013, 11:21 AM   #1159
country flag knoxt

knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of knoxt has much to be proud of

Where's Gibbsy in the draw? What about USC's top players? Seems like a lot of players are missing...
knoxt is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25th, 2013, 12:39 PM   #1160
country flag slickshoes510

slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light

Did Kaitlin Ray pull out? I can't find her name anywhere in the Invitational singles/doubles draw.
slickshoes510 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25th, 2013, 12:46 PM   #1161

slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light

from the daily bruin:
http://dailybruin.com/2013/04/25/pac...dividual-play/

With the NCAA championships on the horizon, the tournament provides the Bruins with the opportunity to rest players who have been hampered by injury, such as freshman Catherine Harrison and sophomore Robin Anderson.

“I think the tournament is important and it’s fun and something I think the players look forward to, but it’s not something we’ll do to sacrifice any of our players to play it,” said coach Stella Sampras Webster.

“Players that need more matches will play, and players that don’t and are banged up, will not play … because it’s all about getting ready for NCAAs as well,” said Sampras Webster.

Part of the reason why there are players who skip it.
Old Apr 25th, 2013, 12:50 PM   #1162
country flag fantic

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

They changed the draw again, locations. I thought it was suspicious that they play at LP today already

And yeah, can't find Ray

tiebreaker, I thought it has always been the same in regard to STAN's academic pressure? Does Gibbsy have to study more than Amber? I'd prefer the explanation that the competition has gotten stronger
"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
Nil admirari (never enthuse over things).
- Horace, Epistles
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25th, 2013, 12:51 PM   #1163

from the daily trojan:
http://dailytrojan.com/2013/04/24/us...12-tournament/

As a result, senior Danielle Lao and sophomore Sabrina Santamaria are being held out of the tournament to give them some rest before the NCAAs start next month.

In Lao’s absence, sophomore Zoë Scandalis will be playing as the top singles player for the Women of Troy, which provides a huge opportunity for the young player, who is ranked No. 32 in the country.

“We really want the girls to focus on their individual performances,” Gallien said. “If Zoë were to win the tournament [out of the No.1 spot], that would be a big deal.”

As for the team’s health, the Women of Troy seem to be in top shape heading into the final phase of a long season. Santamaria and Lao are “a bit dinged up,” according to Gallien, but the rest this weekend should cure any minor health issues they might be dealing with.

There were some errors again by the writer in this article, but I won't point them out. Go read the full article.
Old Apr 25th, 2013, 12:58 PM   #1164
country flag fantic

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

from STAN website;

" No. 29 Kristie Ahn (23-4 overall, 18-2 duals, team-best six-match winning streak) and No. 19 Krista Hardebeck (team-high 28 overall wins, 14-6 duals, 14-3 in tournament play, ITA Northwest Regional singles champion). "

The bolded part, that's not bad at all Didn't know Krista won so much And she clinched the win against UCLA by beating Kyle in 2. Not bad
"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
Nil admirari (never enthuse over things).
- Horace, Epistles
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25th, 2013, 06:10 PM   #1165
country flag Embittered

Embittered has disabled reputation

Quote:
If that reasoning were valid, I don't doubt that you could prove any college player was better than Serena. Also, the opponent was not Malek, but the barely finished honeymooning Maria.
Embittered is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25th, 2013, 08:57 PM   #1166
country flag Lighter

Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future Lighter has a brilliant future

Quote:

And Gibbs is said to turn pro after Wimby.
No, she hopes to play Wimbledon as pro player : http://network.yardbarker.com/tennis..._year/12934165

“Nothing is official yet, but the team knows there’s a 90 percent chance I won’t be returning next year,” said Gibbs. “I won’t be playing the French Open because of the NCAA championships, but am hoping to make Wimbledon my first tournament as a professional.”
Lighter is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25th, 2013, 11:39 PM   #1167
country flag tie_breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lighter View Post
No, she hopes to play Wimbledon as pro player : http://network.yardbarker.com/tennis..._year/12934165

“Nothing is official yet, but the team knows there’s a 90 percent chance I won’t be returning next year,” said Gibbs. “I won’t be playing the French Open because of the NCAA championships, but am hoping to make Wimbledon my first tournament as a professional.”

There you have it...she likes the idea
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.JPG (20.9 KB, 7 views)
Old Apr 25th, 2013, 11:56 PM   #1168
country flag tie_breaker

Quote:
They changed the draw again, locations. I thought it was suspicious that they play at LP today already

And yeah, can't find Ray

tiebreaker, I thought it has always been the same in regard to STAN's academic pressure? Does Gibbsy have to study more than Amber? I'd prefer the explanation that the competition has gotten stronger
Well yeah, the competition has alot to do with it. Can't deny it, but also, I think tennis players have to be more physically fit nowadays, aside from court time, hours at the gym is required. Those hours are just not available when you factor everything in, unless you go to UF

Lauren Embree ‏@lembree888 7h
I have been waiting so long for tonight...new episode of SCANDAL finalllyyyyyy @JoMather1
Old Apr 26th, 2013, 01:45 AM   #1169
country flag tucker1989

tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute

I knew Lauren and I were kindred spirits. Scandal is my jam.
tucker1989 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26th, 2013, 02:57 AM   #1170
country flag cowsonice

cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future cowsonice has a brilliant future

Quote:
No. 9 California 4, No. 12 Stanford 3
April 19, 2013, in Berkeley, Calif.
Hellman Tennis Complex
YESS. This gives me life. Susanyi vs. Hardebeck shall be a (one-sided) rivalry in the years to come (hopefully )

Hardebeck has been quite disappointing. To be fair, I did hype up my expectations of her, but she's disappeared quite a bit in the grand scheme of women's college tennis. Hopefully this means that she's not going to go pro during her time at Stanford.

Quote:
And last, to cowsonice!

Faves: Sharapova, Hantuchova, Safarova, Goerges
GO BEARS!
cowsonice is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote