Donna Vekic - Page 266 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Apr 24th, 2013, 01:05 AM   #3976
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Donna Vekic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greco View Post
ITF Queen

Sorry, but
I don't often defend Donna in her choice of tournaments but she has played only legitimate tournaments this year IMO
This is her first ITF and I understand why she did it
I think she should have played Stuttgart/Katowice as Indoor Clay is virtually Hard Court and she still could have got some matches but this is the only iffy decision she has made all year IMO except for Kuala Lumpur which you guys all thought was an amazing choice

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008
chingching is online now View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 24th, 2013, 01:55 AM   #3977
xcrtbckhnd

xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future xcrtbckhnd has a brilliant future

Nice win Donna!!!!
xcrtbckhnd is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 25th, 2013, 11:04 AM   #3978
country flag Greco

Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of Greco has much to be proud of

62 03*

Touch me, touch me, don't be shy, I'll lay down face up this time, under you like a G.U.Y.

Croatian Tennis on facebook★
Greco is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 25th, 2013, 11:29 AM   #3979
country flag volume3d

volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold volume3d is a splendid one to behold

62 36 *1:0

Tipping2010: Wimbledon&US Open winner, Prague F, Cincinnati& Tashkent SF

Tipping2011: Sydney&Stuttgart F
volume3d is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 25th, 2013, 12:09 PM   #3980
Andreas
секси

Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute Andreas has a reputation beyond repute

She won 62 36 62 Shouldn't really be struggling with these scrubs, though.

VICTORIA AZARENKA
IVANOVIC, KONJUH, VEKIC, WOZNIACKI

Andreas is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 25th, 2013, 12:31 PM   #3981
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

She hasn't been playing competitive matches for about 3 weeks now so she probably just needs a bit of time to adjust. Practice court is a whole other animal compared to tournaments. Still, here's hoping for some more convincing results soon. Good luck kid!
ma re is online now View My Blog!  
Old Apr 25th, 2013, 01:08 PM   #3982
BlueTrees

BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah she seems a bit rusty. But at least she's winning!
Old Apr 25th, 2013, 02:40 PM   #3983
country flag vladekCRO

vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold

Next is Kucova, she defeated (8) Bychkova very easy . . . Donna will have to play much better than first two matches.
vladekCRO is online now View My Blog!  
Old Apr 26th, 2013, 11:28 AM   #3984
country flag vladekCRO

vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold vladekCRO is a splendid one to behold

Good start

3-0*

Long first game, Donna holds serve, then breaks to 20, and holds to 15

*4-0, Donna breaks to 40

5-0* Donna holds to 0

6-0 Donna breaks to 15

Last edited by vladekCRO : Apr 26th, 2013 at 11:39 AM.
Old Apr 26th, 2013, 12:02 PM   #3985
country flag vladekCRO

Second set

*3-1

4-1*
Old Apr 26th, 2013, 12:05 PM   #3986
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Nice to see an easy match for a change; no need to waste extra energy
Old Apr 26th, 2013, 12:10 PM   #3987
country flag vladekCRO

6-0 5-1, Donna is serving for the match
Old Apr 26th, 2013, 12:13 PM   #3988
country flag vladekCRO

And she did it

Finally some good stuff after problems is first and second round. In semifinal Donna will play against Vera Dushevina or Yuliya Beyzelgimer.

Just about 60 minutes on court today
Old Apr 26th, 2013, 12:37 PM   #3989
country flag ma re

Nice work today

For a place in the final she'll probably have to play even better, cause both of her potential opponents are former top 100 players (with Dushevina almost inside top 30 at one point), both are very experienced compared to Donna, especially Dushevina eventhough she is younger of the two. She has a hardcourt WTA title under her belt (from Istanbul of all places) and two more appearances in the WTA finals, also on hardcourt. Both her and Beygelzimer are struggling lately but this doesn't mean a walk in the park for Donna by any stretch of imagination. Beygelzimer has exactly one win since late January this year and that one came against Pegula on green clay a month ago while Dushevina hasn't made a win since mid February in Doha against Jugic-Salkic, but has been playing only WTA events until this one.

So I hope Donna will be sharp and won't underestimate either of these dames in distress, cause I think she has a shot, but she'll probably have to work quite hard to get it.

P. S. On a side note, according to WTA Donna comes into this tournament with 95 professional matches played so far; meaning, if she reaches the final she is at 100.
Old Apr 26th, 2013, 12:43 PM   #3990
country flag croat123

croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute croat123 has a reputation beyond repute

Starting to assume Donna didn't take her first two matches seriously. Very easy win against a potentially tricky opponent