Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6 - Page 150 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Apr 25th, 2013, 01:46 PM   #2236
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
Her dad and her team have done a terrible job. She was at the top of the sport and still 20 years old. They just blew up her game. Of course you want to improve, but you do it slowly, within the overall integrity of your game.
What Caro did is crazy. Nobody revolves their game around their weakest shot. Caroline's aggressive forehand is a weak shot.
She's still losing to noncontenders over & over (CSN just lost in 2 sets to Shvedova), this is almost 2 full years of crappy results and wild forehands
I don't get it though. Do they really have a vision of Caroline competing at the top level being an attacking player? We are not talking a slight change in game style, we are talking a complete change. I don't think you can just put all the blame at Piotr, Caro must have agreed to change.

Right now you just see no change of fortunes in the pipeline, you just see a continuation of this level.
ozza is online now View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 25th, 2013, 01:54 PM   #2237
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
It all comes back to what direction is Caroline going in? Whose ideas are they? I swear in the off-season there was talk of going back to what made her successful in the first place, but now it seems from her latest performances and interview we are back to trying to be more and more aggressive, hitting forehand winners etc. It just seems there is no real direction being taken at all.

In other news, Caro has 7 losses to lower ranked players this year (6 of which were outside the top 60), those players have combined to win one more match after beating Caroline.
The key word to Caro's game of the last 18+ months has been 'confusion.' There are so many conflicting comments that I can only conclude that team Woz (including Caroline herself) has no idea what to do anymore. One day it's trying to turn her into a female Federer (remember Sanchez and his goal of making her inside out forehand her biggest weapon ) a few weeks later it's getting back to what made her good to begin with. My advice to all that would be the same as the one for the coaching situation: "Make up your mind and stick to it!!!"

Thank you LI NA
Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!  
Old Apr 25th, 2013, 02:08 PM   #2238
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
The key word to Caro's game of the last 18+ months has been 'confusion.' There are so many conflicting comments that I can only conclude that team Woz (including Caroline herself) has no idea what to do anymore. One day it's trying to turn her into a female Federer (remember Sanchez and his goal of making her inside out forehand her biggest weapon ) a few weeks later it's getting back to what made her good to begin with. My advice to all that would be the same as the one for the coaching situation: "Make up your mind and stick to it!!!"
Yes it very much gives off the feel of confusion, a player who has had their tennis world turned upside down. Her interviews don't fill you with much hope either. First she had some niggling injuries last year, and she's fit and healthy now. Then she lost her motivation last year, and she's regained it now (reasons she re-iterates in the interview with Cronin). She has said numerous times she feels her game is back at a good level now, and she's happy and confident about where her tennis is going. She's kind of exhausting her reasons for her performances not being up to par, but the real solutions don't seem to be forthcoming. The problem is this has been going nearly 2 years now, and the turnaround doesn't look any closer in sight.
Old Apr 25th, 2013, 02:26 PM   #2239
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
@bruce goose Something you have to bare in mind is how much promotion and money the WTA invested in Caroline as their next big player. They are probably desperate for her to have success, so it makes sense for them to big her up even if she is a shadow of her former self. It's kind of like they don't want their investment to go down the drain.

It's worth noting it's not only WTA that are responsible. Sky Sports used that match for their headline for the whole event yesterday with a headline of something like "Suarez Navarro stuns Wozniacki".
Thank you for your input,which I appreciate,but the WTA even did that with Dinara when she was #1.Though I still have affection for my retired fave,Dinarik,I can candidly admit that she wasn't one of the centerpieces of the WTA's promo machine like some of the more glamorous gals are.I suppose that Sky Sports is complicit with the WTA,and their b.s. propaganda,if they cover the sport regularly.

I'll give another example from the NBA: The Orlando Magic made the Finals a few years back.Now,after trading off their top players,they are a bottom feeder.If the NBA tried to promote an upcoming Orlando game as if they were the same team that they were 3 years ago,fans would feel insulted and HEAVILY bash and ridicule the league in the 'blogosphere'.Even the media that covers the sport would look at each other and ask,'WTF does the league think they're doing!??'

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Opening Soon: The Allaster-Stubbs-Amanmuradova Academy of Feminine Grace and Charm
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 25th, 2013, 02:30 PM   #2240
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I don't get it though. Do they really have a vision of Caroline competing at the top level being an attacking player? We are not talking a slight change in game style, we are talking a complete change. I don't think you can just put all the blame at Piotr, Caro must have agreed to change.

Right now you just see no change of fortunes in the pipeline, you just see a continuation of this level.
In honest I think she can Even back in 09-11 when she was playing her best I said she can improve & develop & more Attacking Game style sorta like an Kim Clijsters, not saying she have too lose her defensive game, which KIm had a good balance of defensive & Attacking game, & as we all said her serve need work. I think the problem is through Caro doesn't want too improve, last year when she had those coaches she really didn't even give them an chance too help her with her game. I hoping in the near future or soon she start trusting other coaching because Like I said many times she has Potential too do more

A.Radwańska | Halep | Wozniacki | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | S. Crawford | Chirico | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková | Soylu
Trey is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 25th, 2013, 02:48 PM   #2241
country flag ozza

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Thank you for your input,which I appreciate,but the WTA even did that with Dinara when she was #1.Though I still have affection for my retired fave,Dinarik,I can candidly admit that she wasn't one of the centerpieces of the WTA's promo machine like some of the more glamorous gals are.I suppose that Sky Sports is complicit with the WTA,and their b.s. propaganda,if they cover the sport regularly.

I'll give another example from the NBA: The Orlando Magic made the Finals a few years back.Now,after trading off their top players,they are a bottom feeder.If the NBA tried to promote an upcoming Orlando game as if they were the same team that they were 3 years ago,fans would feel insulted and HEAVILY bash and ridicule the league in the 'blogosphere'.Even the media that covers the sport would look at each other and ask,'WTF does the league think they're doing!??'
In Sky Sports case it's because Wozniacki was the only real name for a headline to play yesterday. People know her because of her relationship with McIlroy and probably think she's doing a lot better than she is because she always comes with the prefix of former world number 1 or mistakenly in some cases the world number 1. Thus her losing to a no-name is still the obvious sensationalist headline.

Ultimately the WTA are just going for stances that make their product look as good as possible. They always use the positive version of the headline as far as I am aware, as opposed to using a headline like "Woeful Wozniacki loses again".
Old Apr 25th, 2013, 03:11 PM   #2242
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey View Post
In honest I think she can Even back in 09-11 when she was playing her best I said she can improve & develop & more Attacking Game style sorta like an Kim Clijsters, not saying she have too lose her defensive game, which KIm had a good balance of defensive & Attacking game, & as we all said her serve need work. I think the problem is through Caro doesn't want too improve, last year when she had those coaches she really didn't even give them an chance too help her with her game. I hoping in the near future or soon she start trusting other coaching because Like I said many times she has Potential too do more
The goal should have been to keep the defensive style & slowly improve the attacking aspects. Certainly serve, forehand, volley, just winning the point when her opponent hits a shallow lob, that all should have been worked on.
But now its a save-her-career situation. She needs to play much better and with much more mental focus.
I think she needs to treat every match as a desperate situation. Do anything she can to win any game possible. Because now she's not trying hard, all these errors have given her a convenient excuse to lose early and take vacations. She has to get back to winning any match she can
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 26th, 2013, 02:25 AM   #2243
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
In Sky Sports case it's because Wozniacki was the only real name for a headline to play yesterday. People know her because of her relationship with McIlroy and probably think she's doing a lot better than she is because she always comes with the prefix of former world number 1 or mistakenly in some cases the world number 1. Thus her losing to a no-name is still the obvious sensationalist headline.

Ultimately the WTA are just going for stances that make their product look as good as possible. They always use the positive version of the headline as far as I am aware, as opposed to using a headline like "Woeful Wozniacki loses again".
Well,Chrissie-fan kept me honest when I proposed some candid headlines on the WTA webpage...and he was right because,ultimately,it's their job to PROMOTe the players and not insult them.....but I'm not so sure that the positive spin always makes the WTA look good;sometimes it makes them look desperate,as when AI got a fairly-soft draw and finally made a USO QF,where she was easily dispatched,of course.The WTA webpage stated that AI had made the "career Slam QF list"

I'd respect them a lot more if they simply took a more understated,factual approach such as,"CSN defeated Wozniacki in the 1st round,which is an upset on paper yet not that surprising because clay is CSN's favorite surface while Caroline has been battling a bit to recover her former #1 form." To ME,that's not insulting to either player...nor to the fans who might read it

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Opening Soon: The Allaster-Stubbs-Amanmuradova Academy of Feminine Grace and Charm
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 26th, 2013, 09:07 AM   #2244
country flag ozza

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Well,Chrissie-fan kept me honest when I proposed some candid headlines on the WTA webpage...and he was right because,ultimately,it's their job to PROMOTe the players and not insult them.....but I'm not so sure that the positive spin always makes the WTA look good;sometimes it makes them look desperate,as when AI got a fairly-soft draw and finally made a USO QF,where she was easily dispatched,of course.The WTA webpage stated that AI had made the "career Slam QF list"

I'd respect them a lot more if they simply took a more understated,factual approach such as,"CSN defeated Wozniacki in the 1st round,which is an upset on paper yet not that surprising because clay is CSN's favorite surface while Caroline has been battling a bit to recover her former #1 form." To ME,that's not insulting to either player...nor to the fans who might read it
The reason they don't do that imo is because it takes the focus off of the player who won, and puts the focus on to the player who lost. The WTA probably don't really want people discussing what is going wrong in Caroline's career, they just want everyone to think it's all going along rosy. The WTA website articles anyway are aimed at casual readers, not die hard fans like us who are already engrossed in their product anyway.
Old Apr 26th, 2013, 09:52 AM   #2245
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Now she goes to Madrid having lost to Muguruza, Voegele, CSN in her last 4 matches.
Probably her worst form since she was 16, and she isnt even trying anymore. She had her bags packed & her airline ticket in hand after one set in Stuttgart.

Her last good match was against a top 50 player was Kerber at IW. I saw that and didnt think she was playing aggressively. I remember the crowd laughing at the moonball rallies.

Does anyone have stats of forehand winners in each set against Kerber?

Old Apr 26th, 2013, 01:14 PM   #2246
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Now she goes to Madrid having lost to Muguruza, Voegele, CSN in her last 4 matches.
Probably her worst form since she was 16, and she isnt even trying anymore. She had her bags packed & her airline ticket in hand after one set in Stuttgart.

Her last good match was against a top 50 player was Kerber at IW. I saw that and didnt think she was playing aggressively. I remember the crowd laughing at the moonball rallies.

Caro had 29 winners for the match against Kerber. I thought Caro was relatively aggressive in that match despite the moonballing.

I don't think the forehand winners per set were given in that match. That type of detail generally isn't given after sets. Sometimes they've give the total forehand winners at certain points in the match though.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 26th, 2013, 01:17 PM   #2247
country flag Fantasy Hero

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

ok, now that we are all super negative about her and we keep complaining about the same things over and over again, I can really sense things changing

http://ski-and-tennis.blogspot.it
my own blog with reviews and articles, have a look if you're intrested
Fantasy Hero is online now View My Blog!  
Old Apr 26th, 2013, 01:27 PM   #2248
country flag Blu€

Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute

I remember her forehand was quite impressive in that match. Shame it just lasted that... one match.
I don't know if it's the bad taste of her last match, but I feel her backhand is regressing. It used to be rock solid, now she doesn't attack so much with it and the errors are creeping in on basic shots. I guess it's just another symptom of her drop of level, first it was the forehand, then the serve and now the backhand.

···♥♥Wozniacki♥♥···

♪♫♪♫In a sky full of stars I think I saw you ♪♫♪♫
Blu€ is online now View My Blog!  
Old Apr 26th, 2013, 01:46 PM   #2249
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

^ Her Forehand was good in that Elena Vesnina match & Nadia Petrova Match as well at IW, I also feel that way too some time about her BH, I hope she improve her Serve the most through she need too learn how gain free point on her serve so that one area on her game that can use improving the most. I just hoping she work with Sven alot before Madrid she need all the practice time she can get. I still think a new coach is need but caro not changing mind atm

A.Radwańska | Halep | Wozniacki | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | S. Crawford | Chirico | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková | Soylu
Trey is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 26th, 2013, 02:24 PM   #2250
country flag goldenlox

29 winners in 3 sets, so about 10 a set, maybe 5 with her forehand?
I cant believe they really think Caro is going to wake up one day and her forehands are going to be hit with pace and land just inside the lines all match

She's capable of winning every match she played this year, except Sharapova and Kvitova, playing her old style
I cant figure out what they're doing, but it doesnt seem like Caro is mentally set on accomplishing it. She's going the wrong direction

She never only hit slow, she always varied pace & placement. I didnt think she was aggressive against Kerber. But she tried hard to win the match and was playing steady the last 2 sets. That match started with Kerber hitting great shots when Caro hit her backhand crosscourt, and later she started going more down the middle with her backhand, or not going for big angles crosscourt.
What do we expect in Madrid?

Last edited by goldenlox : Apr 26th, 2013 at 02:30 PM.
Closed Thread