Julia Görges Interviews and Twitter thread - Page 66 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 6th, 2013, 07:06 AM   #976
country flag KatjaS

KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Julia Görges Interviews and Twitter thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadiHH View Post
Jule said after the match: "It was my best match here on the US Tour
Just how bad were the non-televised matches?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadiHH View Post
It is not about winning or losing.
KatjaS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 6th, 2013, 06:23 PM   #977
country flag kadiHH

kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all

I think if she hadn't been so tired she could have pulled off a win against Vögele. That was 50% her fault for the grueling schedule (play as many matches as you can) and 50% bad luck with the all day rain delay and late match. As for her analysis of her US Tour, I guess the German expression is best: ohne worte. I don't think these comments are optimistic BS for the press; I think she sincerely believes what she says. I think we have a verifiable case of alternate reality here!
kadiHH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22nd, 2013, 12:57 PM   #978
country flag KatjaS

KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute

Julia will do the WTA "All Access Hour" promotion today at 19:00.

http://www.wtatennis.com/news/articl...r-in-stuttgart
Old Apr 24th, 2013, 09:11 PM   #979
country flag KatjaS

http://www.suedkurier.de/sport/tenni...art570,6031020

Just an average "she won" article, but it confirms that she was getting tested for mono (it has been ruled out by the tests).

Quote:
«Ich habe mich auf dem Platz eigentlich ganz gut gefühlt», sagte Görges, die zwei Wochen lang keinen Schläger in die Hand genommen hatte und sich gründlich untersuchen ließ. Immerhin konnte dabei Pfeiffer'sches Drüsenfieber ausgeschlossen werden. Dennoch hätte sie in dieser Woche kein Turnier gespielt, wenn es nicht Stuttgart gewesen wäre. «Es ist für mich immer etwas Besonderes, hier zu sein.»
Old Apr 25th, 2013, 11:05 AM   #980
country flag CillyUltra

CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Julia Görges was not overly happy after her match. “One doesn’t want to win in that fashion,” said the winner of the 2011 Porsche Tennis Grand Prix. And she herself has not been feeling fully fit in the past few weeks. Feeling worn out when waking in the morning, she was given a check-up as she was suspected as having glandular fever. Luckily enough it was negative. Nevertheless she took a break from competition and also pulled out of the Fed Cup play-off tie against Serbia in the Porsche Arena. “I only started hitting balls again as there was no way I wanted to miss the Porsche Tennis Grand,” she said. “After all I enjoyed my biggest career success in the Porsche Arena. Now I’m obviously hoping I can play a few more matches in this great arena.” (facebook.com/PorscheTennisGrandPrix)
Obviously this bothered her a couple of weeks while she kept talking how well she's feeling on court and played tourneys like Katowice. Reminds me of Sabine who delayed a flu virus and was sidelined for two weeks after Memphis.

I'm wondering when these girls find out after years of playing what's right for their bodies.
Old May 4th, 2013, 09:45 AM   #981
country flag Iwasbored2013

Iwasbored2013 is just really nice Iwasbored2013 is just really nice Iwasbored2013 is just really nice Iwasbored2013 is just really nice Iwasbored2013 is just really nice Iwasbored2013 is just really nice Iwasbored2013 is just really nice Iwasbored2013 is just really nice Iwasbored2013 is just really nice Iwasbored2013 is just really nice Iwasbored2013 is just really nice

My sister just showed this to me: There is a large full page advertisement with Julia in "Elle" for the "Rado Hyperchrome Automatic" watch. I might be able to scan it in school on monday if you are interested.
Iwasbored2013 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2013, 08:12 AM   #982
country flag KatjaS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwasbored2013 View Post
My sister just showed this to me: There is a large full page advertisement with Julia in "Elle" for the "Rado Hyperchrome Automatic" watch. I might be able to scan it in school on monday if you are interested.
Is it this one?
Old May 5th, 2013, 03:39 PM   #983

Iwasbored2013 is just really nice Iwasbored2013 is just really nice Iwasbored2013 is just really nice Iwasbored2013 is just really nice Iwasbored2013 is just really nice Iwasbored2013 is just really nice Iwasbored2013 is just really nice Iwasbored2013 is just really nice Iwasbored2013 is just really nice Iwasbored2013 is just really nice Iwasbored2013 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatjaS View Post
Is it this one?
Yes it is!
Old May 5th, 2013, 03:40 PM   #984

Can anybody provide a translation or an explanation of this tweet?

Quote:
Beatrice Egli ist der Hammer...������ �� #DSDS #schlagerfan
Usually when she tweets in German it's about Bayern Munich and one can guess the gist of it but this one leaves me puzzled.
Old May 5th, 2013, 03:59 PM   #985
country flag KatjaS

DSDS is a casting show on German TV (like American Idol) and she is apparently rooting for a contestant named "Beatrice Egli". Can't tell you much more because I don't watch stuff like that, but "Schlager" is a type of German folk music that you should be very happy to not know about.
Old May 5th, 2013, 04:39 PM   #986

So I was on a completely wrong track.

Thank you.
Old May 6th, 2013, 04:37 PM   #987
country flag kadiHH

kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatjaS View Post
"Schlager" is a type of German folk music that you should be very happy to not know about.
Good Lord! I thought Schlagermusik was dead and buried in the '70's. Is this some sort of cruel resurrection, like bell-bottom jeans??????
kadiHH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2013, 04:45 PM   #988
country flag KatjaS

It never really died, most people just tried to pretend that it doesn't exist. I'm one of them, so I can't really give you the specifics of what that singer Julia talked about does or if it is some sort of "modern" Schlager or whatever.
Old May 9th, 2013, 07:31 PM   #989
country flag WimbleBine

WimbleBine has much to be proud of WimbleBine has much to be proud of WimbleBine has much to be proud of WimbleBine has much to be proud of WimbleBine has much to be proud of WimbleBine has much to be proud of WimbleBine has much to be proud of WimbleBine has much to be proud of WimbleBine has much to be proud of WimbleBine has much to be proud of WimbleBine has much to be proud of

Bea und julia haben zwei dinger gemeinsam

Annika Beck - Nastasja Burnett - Sorana Cirstea - Julia Görges - Ana Ivanovic - Madison Keys
Mandy Minella - Monica Puig - Caroline Wozniacki - Carina Witthöft
WimbleBine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2013, 07:34 PM   #990
country flag WimbleBine

WimbleBine has much to be proud of WimbleBine has much to be proud of WimbleBine has much to be proud of WimbleBine has much to be proud of WimbleBine has much to be proud of WimbleBine has much to be proud of WimbleBine has much to be proud of WimbleBine has much to be proud of WimbleBine has much to be proud of WimbleBine has much to be proud of WimbleBine has much to be proud of

das ist Bea

Annika Beck - Nastasja Burnett - Sorana Cirstea - Julia Görges - Ana Ivanovic - Madison Keys
Mandy Minella - Monica Puig - Caroline Wozniacki - Carina Witthöft
WimbleBine is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote