SEC Women Tennis 2011 - Page 17 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 21st, 2013, 09:30 PM   #241
UFGatorFan

UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light
Re: SEC Women Tennis 2011

Cercone closes it out. Morgan is 15-1 in dual matches.

Embree with the easiest path to victory, since she is already up a set. How fitting if that indeed happens.
UFGatorFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 21st, 2013, 09:31 PM   #242
country flag Amalgamate

Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future

Cercone def. Garcia 4&3. Florida just too good. Fitting for Embree to be the clincher.
Amalgamate is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21st, 2013, 10:02 PM   #243
UFGatorFan

UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light UFGatorFan is a glorious beacon of light

surprise,surprise, Jano is the clincher. She rallies from down a set, and then 4-2 in the 3rd to win it.
Old Apr 21st, 2013, 10:33 PM   #244
country flag tucker1989

tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute

Nice fight by Herring there in the end, but Florida was just too good today! They'll be tough to beat, especially when they win the doubles point. In my mind, they're the top team in the country right now.
tucker1989 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21st, 2013, 10:39 PM   #245
UFGatorFan

The score def. is deceiving, this match was tight. They could still be playing and probably would be if the doubles had gone differently. I tell ya, for the 30-45 mins, UGA was taking it to UF in singles. They were up a break at least on 5 of 6 matches, the other was even. Florida found a way to split sets though, and then kind of fed off that in all the 2nd sets.

I'd rather not face UGA again, though it will probably happen, maybe the final 4 or finals. That is a damn good team.
Old Apr 21st, 2013, 10:53 PM   #246
country flag tucker1989

tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute tucker1989 has a reputation beyond repute

I think letting those match points slip was critical today, as was Morgan's much easier win over Fuller. I agree with you that the match was definitely tighter than the score indicates, and I would love to see this match again, maybe in the NCAA final
tucker1989 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21st, 2013, 11:02 PM   #247
UFGatorFan

BTW, how is this for a career in SEC play. Lauren Embree never lost a singles match in league play, and ends up with 4 regular season and 4 tournament titles(as does Hitimana). Never been done before. I wish Embree had clinched today, but Herring fought, kudos to her. Would love to have seen the match, it was a roller coaster. Herring served for the first set and couldn't get it. Embree served for the 2nd and couldn't get it, getting broken her last 4 service games.

Another stat that jumped out at me, is that is now 15 matches in a row where Florida has not lost a singles match.

Last edited by UFGatorFan : Apr 21st, 2013 at 11:09 PM.
Old Apr 22nd, 2013, 12:00 AM   #248
country flag Amalgamate

Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker1989 View Post
Nice fight by Herring there in the end, but Florida was just too good today! They'll be tough to beat, especially when they win the doubles point. In my mind, they're the top team in the country right now.
Agreed. They're certainly the favorite for a three-peat. The only team I can see upsetting them is USC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFGatorFan View Post
The score def. is deceiving, this match was tight. They could still be playing and probably would be if the doubles had gone differently. I tell ya, for the 30-45 mins, UGA was taking it to UF in singles. They were up a break at least on 5 of 6 matches, the other was even. Florida found a way to split sets though, and then kind of fed off that in all the 2nd sets.

I'd rather not face UGA again, though it will probably happen, maybe the final 4 or finals. That is a damn good team.
Eh, yea all the matches other than #3 and #4 were close. But realistically if you play that out, I think Florida wins 7-0, maybe 6-1. Georgia is a really strong team and I can see them making the semi's definitely, but if Florida and Georgia plays 10 times, I think Florida wins 9 times with the last time having Embree injure herself in doubles.

I love Georgia but
Amalgamate is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22nd, 2013, 01:57 AM   #249
country flag goOudinUSA
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats Florida!

UGA GL in NCAA's!

Bally

goOudinUSA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22nd, 2013, 03:48 AM   #250
country flag desariofan

desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold

It was a great tourney all around! I just got back to Atlanta. Got a few vids uploaded. The finals was everything... for the gators that is. Even though UGA was taking it to the gators during the first 1/4 of the singles play, in the back of my mind I knew there was no way UGA could pull out 4 singles WINS against the gators.

The doubles win for GATORS could prove to be a turning point for the whole of the upcoming NCAA's. To beat #1 ranked doubles team and taking a doubles point against UGA? It was not just a confidence booster. It's a CHALLENGE to by the gators to the rest of the field come NCAA's.

Embree was solid as rock - Herring was just NOT able to take the ball early as she normally goes against Embree to hit her powerful groundies. Herring was pinned at the back of the baseline most of the time by Embree's top spins. She somehow figured out the timing and took it to Embree during the later of the second set. It was a great match to watch. Would have loved to see the outcome.

Perhaps the high from winning the doubles got into the girls, they did seem a bit lackadaisical in the beginning of the singles, including Jano. But she buckled down and fight really hard in the end.

Here's a few clips to see (I hope you all are able to watch them. Its from my FB.)

Jano's match point
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=...type=2&theater

Few of Embree & Oyen's points.
http://www.facebook.com/video/video....ideo_processed
desariofan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22nd, 2013, 05:14 AM   #251
country flag desariofan

desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold desariofan is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFGatorFan View Post
That definitely had to be Jano.
It was Cercone, believe it or not. She was also having a potty mouth all match... Can't blame her... She can't really play doubles when you really looked at her game...
desariofan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24th, 2013, 09:33 PM   #252
UFGatorFan

Congrats to lauren, 1st ever 3 time SEC player of the year. 39-0 singles record in SEC play during her career. truly amazing.

First Team
Alexa Guarachi, Alabama
Mary Anne Macfarlane, Alabama
Yang Pang, Arkansas
Pleun Burgmans, Auburn
Lauren Embree, Florida
Sofie Oyen, Florida
Lauren Herring, Georgia
Maho Kowase, Georgia
Kata Szekely, Tennessee
Brynn Boren, Tennessee
Cristina Sanchez-Quintanar, Texas A&M
Nazari Urbina, Texas A&M

Second Team
Antonia Foehse, Alabama
Claudine Paulson, Arkansas
Nadia Ravita, Kentucky
Alexandra Cercone, Florida
Olivia Janowicz, Florida
Brianna Morgan, Florida
Kate Fuller, Georgia
Silvia Garcia, Georgia
Caroline Rohde-Moe, Ole Miss
Georgiana Patrasc, Mississippi State
Jaklin Alawi, South Carolina
Katerina Popova, South Carolina
Cristina Stancu, Texas A&M

All-Freshman
Natalia Maynetto, Alabama
Yang Pang, Arkansas
Pleun Burgmans, Auburn
Brianna Morgan, Florida
Silvia Garcia, Georgia
Nadia Ravita, Kentucky

Player of the Year
Lauren Embree, Florida

Freshman of the Year
Pleun Burgmans, Auburn

Scholar-Athlete of the Year
Antonia Foehse, Alabama

Coach of the Year
Roland Thornqvist, Florida
Old Apr 24th, 2013, 10:03 PM   #253
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

Who knew the Freshman of the Year award would go to Auburn!

Successor of Fani Chiefchieva, here comes Pleun Burgmans.
"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
Nil admirari (never enthuse over things).
- Horace, Epistles

Last edited by fantic : May 9th, 2013 at 03:09 PM.
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2013, 03:11 PM   #254
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

Auburn article on Pleun

"BIRMINGHAM – Auburn women’s tennis freshman Pleun Burgmans has been named the SEC Freshman of the Year and a member of the All-SEC First Team by vote of the league’s coaches, the conference office announced on Wednesday.

“I’m so proud of Pleun and all she accomplished so far this year,” Auburn women’s tennis head coach Lauren Longbotham Meisner said. “These honors are tremendous accomplishments both for her and our program. She has worked very hard and has become a leader for our team on and off the court. She has been a huge part of the turnaround our program made this year and will continue to play a huge part over the rest of her Auburn career.”

Burgmans, who was also named to the All-Freshman team, excelled in her first season on The Plains playing exclusively at the top line for the Tigers. A native of the Netherlands, Burgmans posted a record of 21-6 during her rookie season, including a 15-3 mark in dual matches.

The freshman was 9-2 in conference play and posted an 8-4 mark against ranked opponents.

Additionally, Burgmans was 24-9 in doubles play with five different partners, but saw most of her action with senior Plamena Kurteva. The tandem combined for a 13-4 mark that included five ranked wins with victories over No. 6 and 7 teams in the country.

Burgmans is the first All-SEC first team member for Auburn since 2009. Former Auburn All-American Fani Chifchieva was named first team All-SEC from 2007-09. Burgmans is the first Auburn student-athlete to be named SEC Freshman of the Year."

She looks a bit like Ula
"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
Nil admirari (never enthuse over things).
- Horace, Epistles
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2013, 04:03 AM   #255
country flag 3gtennis

3gtennis is an unknown quantity at this point

two other Burgmans matches: 5-1, 40-15 in 3rd vs Sanchez and 6-3, 3-1 vs Herring when play was stopped.
3gtennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote