Tara Moore - Page 11 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 10th, 2013, 11:30 PM   #151
country flag WIMBY

WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of
Cool Re: Tara Moore

Good luck Tara v Sam and Good luck to you and Mel in the doubles Semi

6 Singles titles and 24 Doubles titles, 3rd rnd 2012 & 1/4 Final 07 Wimbledon Mixed Doubles, Round 2 Wimbledon 06

"You have to dream big and go for it. Surround yourself with people who believe in you and ignore those who try to bring you down. Never give up, no matter what - overcoming obstacles makes you stronger." "If it is to be, it is up to me".
WIMBY is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 11th, 2013, 12:54 PM   #152
country flag Chris 84

Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Tara Moore

tara won again.

unless i'm very much mistaken, getting to the semi final this week guarantees tara a place in the top 200 when this week's rankings get added on - and she still has nothing to defend for over a month

Bibiane Schoofs Flavia Pennetta Anett Kontaveit Aga Radwanska Tara Moore Sorana Cirstea

MY TWITTER
https://twitter.com/ChrissieBhoy
Chris 84 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11th, 2013, 01:29 PM   #153
country flag Dawson.

Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, early projections put her at #195 if she loses the semi final, #190 with a final and #183 if she wins the whole thing

Just looking at her upcoming schedule and she's due to play a couple of indoor hard $25ks in Thailand towards the end of April. Both events have very depleted fields so there's a huge chance for her to get closer to the top 150. Then I hope she looks to play some bigger events - high end ITFs and WTA qualies.

... for some reason.

Last edited by Dawson. : Apr 11th, 2013 at 01:48 PM.
Dawson. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 11th, 2013, 02:13 PM   #154
country flag Chris 84

Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute Chris 84 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by e5dawsonj View Post
Yep, early projections put her at #195 if she loses the semi final, #190 with a final and #183 if she wins the whole thing

Just looking at her upcoming schedule and she's due to play a couple of indoor hard $25ks in Thailand towards the end of April. Both events have very depleted fields so there's a huge chance for her to get closer to the top 150. Then I hope she looks to play some bigger events - high end ITFs and WTA qualies.
tbh, i'd expect that to come in the grass season and then hopefully afterwards. i'd like to think that she'd play at least one clay court tune-up for RG, but if she goes in at too high a level, she's unlikely to get much in the way of match practice. i'd imagine she'd play RG quallies (as much for the experience as anything else, probably, although kazan was a clay court event...) and then play as many WTA-level grass court events as possible and with some good form and a bit of luck, by that time her ranking will be such that tour quallies and 75 and 100ks will be the norm rather than the exception.

Bibiane Schoofs Flavia Pennetta Anett Kontaveit Aga Radwanska Tara Moore Sorana Cirstea

MY TWITTER
Old Apr 11th, 2013, 02:55 PM   #155
country flag WIMBY

WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of WIMBY has much to be proud of

Well done in singles Tara and good luck tomorrow.

11/04/2013 DOUBLES SEMI FINAL
Having saved an astonishing 14 break points, Mel and Tara recovered from a set and a break down to take their doubles semi to a match tiebreak

46 75

They then recovered from 1-5 down to 6-7 but despite saving 2 match points they finally went down 64 57 10-8 so so close v the 3rd seeds.

6 Singles titles and 24 Doubles titles, 3rd rnd 2012 & 1/4 Final 07 Wimbledon Mixed Doubles, Round 2 Wimbledon 06

"You have to dream big and go for it. Surround yourself with people who believe in you and ignore those who try to bring you down. Never give up, no matter what - overcoming obstacles makes you stronger." "If it is to be, it is up to me".
Old Apr 11th, 2013, 08:30 PM   #156
country flag Joe.

Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris 84 View Post
tbh, i'd expect that to come in the grass season and then hopefully afterwards. i'd like to think that she'd play at least one clay court tune-up for RG, but if she goes in at too high a level, she's unlikely to get much in the way of match practice. i'd imagine she'd play RG quallies (as much for the experience as anything else, probably, although kazan was a clay court event...) and then play as many WTA-level grass court events as possible and with some good form and a bit of luck, by that time her ranking will be such that tour quallies and 75 and 100ks will be the norm rather than the exception.
I agree with everything you've said but Kazan was hardcourt- not clay
Old Apr 11th, 2013, 09:34 PM   #157
country flag Dawson.

Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah the WTA site lists it as clay and the ITF site as hard.

... for some reason.
Old Apr 12th, 2013, 01:46 AM   #158
country flag pesto

pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of

Pleased to see Tara's having another good week. She seems to be picking it up so far this year.

I can only really follow her on this forum, especially on this thread. But I just went to her Wiki page and found it very out-of-date.

I updated the things I could easily do (well, not that easily - formatting was a PITA): rankings, titles etc.

However, there are no annual summaries of her career in 2011, 2012 and the beginning of 2013. Would anyone know enough to be able to make very brief summaries of the missing years? I just feel it would be nice to have it more up-to-date.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tara_Moore
pesto is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13th, 2013, 07:00 PM   #159
country flag Chris 84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe. View Post
I agree with everything you've said but Kazan was hardcourt- not clay
Quote:
Originally Posted by e5dawsonj View Post
Yeah the WTA site lists it as clay and the ITF site as hard.
ah, that explains a lot. i thought it was hard, but when i checked her history on the wta site to see when points come off, it said clay. i was surprised

MY TWITTER
Old Apr 22nd, 2013, 10:21 AM   #160
country flag WIMBY

Tara and Mel won their first round doubles in Phuket today.

Old Apr 22nd, 2013, 10:36 AM   #161
country flag Dawson.

Somewhat difficult opener with Broady, but after that it should be plain sailing to the semis. Good luck, Tara

... for some reason.
Old Apr 24th, 2013, 03:05 PM   #162
country flag WIMBY

Tara and Mel won their 1/4 Final 6-2 7-5

Old Apr 25th, 2013, 08:38 AM   #163
country flag WIMBY

Mel on Twitter

Allez through to the doubles final :-) #ninjasinthailand

Old Apr 30th, 2013, 10:47 PM   #164
country flag WIMBY

Tara and Mel lost the doubles final 9-11 mtb

Phuket 2 and Tara has won her first round singles and with Mel first round doubles today

Old May 2nd, 2013, 11:29 AM   #165
country flag Dawson.

Bit of a disaster this trip has been. Realistically she could have come home win a title and a close-to-top-150 ranking. She's not on any entry list for any European clay events either so she'll be going into RG qualies with zero prep.

... for some reason.