Petra Kvitova News and Articles - Page 150 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 9th, 2013, 10:33 PM   #2236
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Petra Kvitova News and Articles

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Jack* View Post
Well, I didn't know that, I was using this because I wanted to show that I'm thinking about it and that I'm not 100% sure. But I guess it is not right emotion for this. (now I wanted to use it again, damn! )
Yeah,I figured that it was just a slight communication.As far as I'm concerned,you can use it whenever you feel like it,but I'd say that the 'thinking,but not sure' symbols could be clearer if you posted ,,or ...the 3rd one if you're really confused and just guessing at a possibility,and the 2nd one if you're slightly nervous in re the thing that you're unsure about.The 1st one can be used if you're really pondering something,but I've also seen posters use it when they thought something was strange and couldn't figure out WHY someone was doing something.

Am not sure if Petra ever visits here and,if so,how often.....so let's hope that she didn't misunderstand your intentions if she DID visit here

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

How many wins do you need to distinguish yourself as a WTA Rising Star--as opposed to a mediocre, Treading Water Star?
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 15th, 2013, 01:18 AM   #2237
country flag Rex59

Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of

Martina Hingis is coaching Pavly' during the clay season, beginning with Stuttgart. Now, if Martina Nav' will devote some time to Petra K. it can only help, for she needs help.

http://www.tennis.com/pro-game/2013/.../#.UWs_2sqjtOk
Rex59 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15th, 2013, 07:23 AM   #2238
country flag vendulkabendulka

vendulkabendulka is just really nice vendulkabendulka is just really nice vendulkabendulka is just really nice vendulkabendulka is just really nice vendulkabendulka is just really nice vendulkabendulka is just really nice vendulkabendulka is just really nice vendulkabendulka is just really nice vendulkabendulka is just really nice vendulkabendulka is just really nice vendulkabendulka is just really nice

Regarding her after-match interview, she doesn't seem to be too unhappy that she lost in final. She says she didnt train last week because of beeing sick and the final was above her expectacions.
Full interview here
http://sport.idnes.cz/kvitova-prohra...04844_tenis_ma
vendulkabendulka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15th, 2013, 12:16 PM   #2239
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vendulkabendulka View Post
Regarding her after-match interview, she doesn't seem to be too unhappy that she lost in final. She says she didnt train last week because of beeing sick and the final was above her expectacions.
Full interview here
http://sport.idnes.cz/kvitova-prohra...04844_tenis_ma
This isn't a big surprise;Vinci commented that Petra looked visibly tired after the 1st set

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

How many wins do you need to distinguish yourself as a WTA Rising Star--as opposed to a mediocre, Treading Water Star?
Old Apr 23rd, 2013, 06:03 PM   #2240
country flag paulmara

paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Had such a great time at New Haven last year, can't wait to go back there!
Defending Champion and World No. 8 Petra Kvitová and World No. 14 Marion Bartoli commit to play 2013 New Haven Open! http://bit.ly/Zihrws

and she wants to go to Linz
paulmara is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23rd, 2013, 07:29 PM   #2241
country flag *Jack*

*Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulmara View Post
Defending Champion and World No. 8 Petra Kvitová and World No. 14 Marion Bartoli commit to play 2013 New Haven Open! http://bit.ly/Zihrws

Great news! If Azarenka wouldn't have the same idea, I'd like to travel there to see her play (if I could make it).
*Jack* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24th, 2013, 07:43 AM   #2242
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulmara View Post

NH is okay...even RCup AND NH would be fine...but please take a freakin' full-week break during Cincy if that stretch of the schedule is the same as last year's

Old Apr 24th, 2013, 11:13 AM   #2243
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
NH is okay...even RCup AND NH would be fine...but please take a freakin' full-week break during Cincy if that stretch of the schedule is the same as last year's
Why? Cincy is P5 ans she has bunch of points from it, defending Cincy and Toronto is a must. We have no Olympics this year and she will have more then a month rest before playing in USO series not really a bid deal playing Toronto-Cincy-NH-USO. On the other hand NH is planned to be MM this year and she will lose half of her points even if she wins it, also it will force her to skip Linz if NH downgrade is confirmed, i'd rather see her prepare in Linz for YEC then play in humid swamp just before USO without any real competition. Anyway, who commits to tournament who has no player commitments in a first place with a chance that this will force her to skip Linz. Looks like CR is not really brilliant and genius businessman as Petronius wants us to believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Jack* View Post
Great news! If Azarenka wouldn't have the same idea, I'd like to travel there to see her play (if I could make it).
I wouldn't call it great news, if NH downgrade is confirmed then she has to skip Linz, also playing right before USO not great idea at all. She can burn out during Asia swing where she can gain lots of points, loosing those in 2012 with YEC points hurt her ranking coming to this season in a first place, otherwise she would have been ranked right now around #5 competing with NaNa\Aga for #4, instead she fights with Errani to stay in Top8
ShiftyFella is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24th, 2013, 12:25 PM   #2244
country flag *Jack*

*Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiftyFella View Post
Why? Cincy is P5 ans she has bunch of points from it, defending Cincy and Toronto is a must. We have no Olympics this year and she will have more then a month rest before playing in USO series not really a bid deal playing Toronto-Cincy-NH-USO. On the other hand NH is planned to be MM this year and she will lose half of her points even if she wins it, also it will force her to skip Linz if NH downgrade is confirmed, i'd rather see her prepare in Linz for YEC then play in humid swamp just before USO without any real competition. Anyway, who commits to tournament who has no player commitments in a first place with a chance that this will force her to skip Linz. Looks like CR is not really brilliant and genius businessman as Petronius wants us to believe

I wouldn't call it great news, if NH downgrade is confirmed then she has to skip Linz, also playing right before USO not great idea at all. She can burn out during Asia swing where she can gain lots of points, loosing those in 2012 with YEC points hurt her ranking coming to this season in a first place, otherwise she would have been ranked right now around #5 competing with NaNa\Aga for #4, instead she fights with Errani to stay in Top8
When I said "great news" I was thinking about Linz, not NH. And I haven't known that NH is gonna be downgraded, in that case it is not such a great idea.
*Jack* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24th, 2013, 01:57 PM   #2245
country flag bruce goose

Quote:

I'm almost in disbelief that you're asking 'Why';were you on vacation last year when Petra looked COMPLETELY out of gas vs. Bartoli in the USO 4th Round?This was after Petra was CLEARLY coasting and trying to conserve energy in her first 3 matches.Unless you believe that Petra's fitness has improved that much since last year(haven't seen any big signs of that),there's no f--king way that she can play ALL THREE lead-ups that are right before the USO and have ANYTHING left in her gas tank for the Slam.You'd be hard pressed to find even the most physically-fit gals who play such an insane schedule.I'm heading to work so will read your reply,if you have one,later today

Old Apr 24th, 2013, 04:04 PM   #2246
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'm almost in disbelief that you're asking 'Why';were you on vacation last year when Petra looked COMPLETELY out of gas vs. Bartoli in the USO 4th Round?This was after Petra was CLEARLY coasting and trying to conserve energy in her first 3 matches.Unless you believe that Petra's fitness has improved that much since last year(haven't seen any big signs of that),there's no f--king way that she can play ALL THREE lead-ups that are right before the USO and have ANYTHING left in her gas tank for the Slam.You'd be hard pressed to find even the most physically-fit gals who play such an insane schedule.I'm heading to work so will read your reply,if you have one,later today
Question was regarding skipping Cincy not about all three lead ups. Cincy is P5 and she has more points\prize money to gain from it and after it she has one week off before USO. Your plan by playing Toronto and New Haven looked really strange to me considering NH will be useless MM and she will lose points from it regardless but losing on top of that Ciny points and opportunity to play Linz is a sign of terrible management and bad scheduling to me, that's why i asked.
Old Apr 24th, 2013, 08:15 PM   #2247
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Question was regarding skipping Cincy not about all three lead ups. Cincy is P5 and she has more points\prize money to gain from it and after it she has one week off before USO. Your plan by playing Toronto and New Haven looked really strange to me considering NH will be useless MM and she will lose points from it regardless but losing on top of that Ciny points and opportunity to play Linz is a sign of terrible management and bad scheduling to me, that's why i asked.
Okay,then we simply had a misunderstanding;I wasn't saying that she SHOULD play NH...only that,if she DID insist on playing there,she shouldn't play both RC and Cincy before that.If Petra reconsidered her choices,then you're absolutely right,she should play Cincy instead of NH

Old Apr 24th, 2013, 08:59 PM   #2248
country flag ShiftyFella

Quote:
Okay,then we simply had a misunderstanding;I wasn't saying that she SHOULD play NH...only that,if she DID insist on playing there,she shouldn't play both RC and Cincy before that.If Petra reconsidered her choices,then you're absolutely right,she should play Cincy instead of NH
Petra should play Cincy\Toronto regardless, especially Toronto. Petra has little over 2k points from USO series and unlike Clay season points she will lose almost all of them with having nothing on her rankings to replace them and with two major tournaments left after where she can gain some of those back i.e her position in Top8 could be in danger but decent showings at Madrid\Eastbourne\Wimbledon with better results at Tokyo\Beijing can compensate for that, otherwise she will be screwed
Old Apr 24th, 2013, 11:38 PM   #2249
country flag hypersonic

hypersonic is on a distinguished road hypersonic is on a distinguished road hypersonic is on a distinguished road hypersonic is on a distinguished road hypersonic is on a distinguished road hypersonic is on a distinguished road hypersonic is on a distinguished road hypersonic is on a distinguished road hypersonic is on a distinguished road hypersonic is on a distinguished road hypersonic is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Petra should play Cincy\Toronto regardless, especially Toronto. Petra has little over 2k points from USO series and unlike Clay season points she will lose almost all of them with having nothing on her rankings to replace them and with two major tournaments left after where she can gain some of those back i.e her position in Top8 could be in danger but decent showings at Madrid\Eastbourne\Wimbledon with better results at Tokyo\Beijing can compensate for that, otherwise she will be screwed
That damn second-round AO loss to Hypeson really hurt her ranking points. Due to her 'consistent' showings during the slams last year, she won't really be able to compensate her ranking till the late part of the season. The only time she might do it is during the YEC or during the Asian swing. I really hope she can qualify for the YEC and hopefully resurge back to the Top 5 at the end of the year.
hypersonic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25th, 2013, 04:09 AM   #2250
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Yes,you're probably right;Petra should play RC and Cincy and skip NH.A deep run at the USO would MORE than offset the loss of points from not defending her title at the now-MM