Did Richard W ever bring any "Crips" to wimbledon?? - Page 7 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 22nd, 2013, 02:43 AM   #91
country flag Melange

Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute Melange has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Did Richard W ever bring any "Crips" to wimbledon??

You can buy them at Wimbledon, no need to bring them in

Old Apr 22nd, 2013, 06:25 AM   #92
country flag JCTennisFan

JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute

I just looked it up...

"The average median household income in 1975 was 10,540 US dollars.... or 44,851 dollars adjusted for inflation".

If we adjusted 52,000 for inflation we would get 221,249 dollars per year, not including Oracene's income.

The average price for a home in the United States in 1975 was 39,000.... or 144,300 adjusted for inflation.

I used 1975 due to it being in the middle of the 70s..... I'm unsure what year specifically he was referring to in the 70s.

LA is and was expensive, raising several children is expensive, but I think he stretched the truth a bit.

It still is pretty neat to see how spot on he was with some of his guesses/beliefs though.

Last edited by JCTennisFan : Apr 22nd, 2013 at 06:38 AM.
JCTennisFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23rd, 2013, 05:56 AM   #93
Dawn Marie

Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute Dawn Marie has a reputation beyond repute

Wow. Look it takes common sense people. They were poor middle class. How hard is that..53,000 and Oracene's income isnt much at all. Not with all the children they had to support. WTF???
Only then will you find that money cannot be eaten. "Cree Native American Prophecy"
Dawn Marie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23rd, 2013, 06:30 AM   #94
country flag JCTennisFan

JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute JCTennisFan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn Marie View Post
Wow. Look it takes common sense people. They were poor middle class. How hard is that..53,000 and Oracene's income isnt much at all. Not with all the children they had to support. WTF???
I myself did not watch the video at the time and instead read the comments..... and some made me believe he was talking about income during the 1970s.

I looked the actual video back over and it seems as though he was referring to around 1991 or 1992, when the film was taped.

Even still the median household income in America during 1992 was apparently roughly 30,000 dollars, so him alone bringing in 52,000 dollars sounds a little high.

His income alone would be like someone making roughly 85,000 dollars today..... while possible it is unlikely.

He probably just stretched the truth a bit.... no big deal.

As a side note, I liked how when they asked Serena "What tennis players game would you like to be similar to" or something to that effect she responded "I hope people emulate me".

Boy, did she get that part right .
JCTennisFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote