Anett Kontaveit - Page 115 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 19th, 2013, 12:54 PM   #1711
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anett Kontaveit

This thread is becoming rather inactive which upsets me
Therefore I am going to become freaky again
1st: Anett is still in Edinburgh. The field is quite average/weak for a 10K (cut-off 839) and the only player IMO who she may have trouble with is Michel and I still doubt she would actually lose unless she was injured.
2nd: Anett has entered 4 tournaments the week after (May 6th) which are 75K Trnava, 50K + H Johannesburg, 100K Cagnes-Sur-Mer and 10K Bastad in order of priority. I doubt she'll play Johannesburg as it is on Hardcourt (Edinburgh is a Clay tournament shockingly) and out of the way. I think Trnava or Bastad are her most likely choices depending on how she feels. I personally recommend neither.

Her placings in the tournaments she has entered:
10K Edinburgh: #1 Seed in Main Draw
75K Trnava: Alternate #89
50K + H Johannesburg: Alternate #5
100K Cagnes-Sur-Mer: Alternate #95
10K Bastad: #5 Seed

I think she would probably make MD in Johannesburg and would be seeded 1 or 2 in Bastad: she would be in Qualies for both Cagnes-Sur-Mer and Trnava though IMO

Discuss

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by moby View Post
The Chernobyl mutant is in her element within China's waste and pollution.
chingching is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 19th, 2013, 01:19 PM   #1712
country flag muusa

muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold

Yeah, I was also just checking these entry lists and was going to post, but you were faster

She should maybe skip that week of 6th May imo, too strong or too weak tournaments. There will be plenty of suitable tournaments coming in Europe. On the other hand, until the end of May there might be no better options.

*27 May - Grado, Maribor, Moscow 25ks
*03 Jun - Brescia, Agri 25ks (also 75k and 100k the same week so the 25s would be weaker I assume)
*17 Jun - Ystad, Montpellier, Lenzerheide 25ks
*24 Jun - Perigueux, Stuttgart-Vaihingen, Zlin, Kristinehamn 25ks
*01 Jul - Denain, Middelburg, Torun 25ks (also 100k and 50k the same week)
*15 Jul - Woking, Darmstadt, Imola 25ks (also 100k and 50k the same week)

I hope she does not play Junior Wimbledon, but plays a number of those 25s instead.
muusa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19th, 2013, 08:56 PM   #1713
country flag WhoAmI?

WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute

I'd really like her see playing something else but 10k, so hopefully it won't be Bastad.. Cagnes-Sur-Mer is probably too tough (going by the memory for the previous years). Choices, choices..

And now seeing the tournament options for May till July where it's about the USO players to be decided, it feels like the summer is about to be over and we just got rid of the snow.

Maybe a good chance to grab points is the RG qualifying week. There's 25k Caserta, and Casablanca.
WhoAmI? is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22nd, 2013, 06:19 AM   #1714
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Anett is still entered into all the tournaments. She hasn't moved up as much as I would have liked though
These are her positions:
Trnava 75K: Alternate #82
Cagnes-Sur-Mer 100K: Alternate #89
Johannesburg 50K + H: Alternate #1
Bastad 10K: Seed #5

In terms of how the Lists would look with only Priority 1 players:
Trnava 75K: Alternate #10
Cagnes-Sur-Mer 100K: Alternate #32
Johannesburg 50K + H: Main Draw #13
Bastad 10K: Seed #1

I understand that Trnava and Cagnes-Sur-Mer won't stay that strong but I have never seen 2 tournaments in Europe with that many P1s and that many highly ranked players

South Africa is starting to look really good because those players who will be seeded (based on Priorities) are Babos, Majeric, Kichenok X 2, Gasparyan, Murray, Naydenova and Jaksic. Along with that, there are only about 5 Priority 2s ahead of her and if she wins the tournament (which she won't) it is 90 Points!!!

I mean, just winning a round in MD gets her 12 Points which is the same as winning Edinburgh and a QF brings 24. I mean, unless she gets Babos or she is playing very badly, I don't really see her losing before the SF which is 40 points Given the other tournament options that week, I think that is the best option. On the other hand though, if she bombs out First Round then she will have wasted a lot of money for 1 tournament
Also it is on hard which would not suit her at all if she wants to warm up for RG
I really think she should give Juniors a miss but if she wants a GS she would almost definitely get it here as the new Juniors are shit
At least compared to her

Still, I would love to play in South Africa Go on a safari

Quote:
Old Apr 22nd, 2013, 04:09 PM   #1715
country flag WhoAmI?

WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
Also it is on hard which would not suit her at all if she wants to warm up for RG
I really think she should give Juniors a miss but if she wants a GS she would almost definitely get it here as the new Juniors are shit
At least compared to her
What RG? Do you have information that she'll get a WC? But really, no..

AO juniors draw was rather weak, and she couldn't even win against the new shit juniors (as you called them)

She should try and get her senior ranking up somehow.
Old Apr 22nd, 2013, 07:25 PM   #1716
country flag muusa

muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoAmI? View Post
What RG? Do you have information that she'll get a WC?
Chingching probably meant junior RG. I agree that she shouldn't bother with juniors anymore, but try to gain some more points on the ITF circuit. Johannesburg seems like a suitable tournament to play if only it wasn't so far.. But might be worth the risk in the end.

Quote:
AO juniors draw was rather weak, and she couldn't even win against the new shit juniors (as you called them)
This
Old Apr 22nd, 2013, 08:17 PM   #1717
country flag WhoAmI?

Quote:
Originally Posted by muusa View Post
Chingching probably meant junior RG. I agree that she shouldn't bother with juniors anymore, but try to gain some more points on the ITF circuit. Johannesburg seems like a suitable tournament to play if only it wasn't so far.. But might be worth the risk in the end.

I know, just teasing

I noticed there is a grass 50k, and followed by 25k in Japan too. Now that'd be extreme

I just checked the lists, and she's IN qualy in Johannesburg.
Old Apr 23rd, 2013, 04:31 AM   #1718
country flag chingching

Quote:
What RG? Do you have information that she'll get a WC? But really, no..

She should try and get her senior ranking up somehow.
Well, she lost to one player who I thought was overranked and made the Semis and beat a player ranked higher than her on the Pro Circuit along with Lottner. They are Grade 2 Juniors IMO.

This is how it goes:
Grade 1: Anett, Ana Konjuh, Katerina Siniakova
Grade 2: Lottner, Danilina, Kiick etc.
Grade 3: Fridman, Ploskina, Marfutina etc.

Now, all the Grade 3 players have been whoring up points and are now ranked nearly higher than her
Siniakova is not playing Juniors and Konjuh still seems injured as she hasn't played in over 2 months.
Also, some of the Grade 2 Juniors aren't playing, so realistically she could get Varvara Flink in the Quarter Finals
These are the real shit juniors

In reality, I think she will end up playing Bastad
I don't think she'll be in good enough form to try the hard events and she'll want to play on clay so unless she skips the week she will play at least 1 Bastad

BTW, I love your new Elektriraudtee trains

Quote:
Old Apr 23rd, 2013, 10:48 AM   #1719
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I noticed there is a grass 50k, and followed by 25k in Japan too. Now that'd be extreme
These Japanese tournaments are not grass, but "artificial grass" (carpet with bit of sand on it).

Quote:
Also, some of the Grade 2 Juniors aren't playing, so realistically she could get Varvara Flink in the Quarter Finals
There's also possibility that she would get Sara Sorribes or Vika Kan in R1.

Not that Anett plans to play there.
Meelis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23rd, 2013, 11:12 AM   #1720
country flag chingching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meelis View Post
These Japanese tournaments are not grass, but "artificial grass" (carpet with bit of sand on it).

There's also possibility that she would get Sara Sorribes or Vika Kan in R1.

Not that Anett plans to play there.
Yeah the Synthetic Grass is in Australia so much. Basically it is a fast hardcourt which can be slid on. Quite fast though and low bouncing Would suit Anett IMO

A) Kan I don't believe is intending to play
B) Sorribes-Tormo (and even Kan for that matter) would get a seeding due to their Pro Rankings wouldn't they?

I really find it hard to believe that she wouldn't do at least as well as she did in Australia

And does she not intend to play
I heard she wanted to play RG Juniors and maybe Wimbledon

Quote:

Last edited by chingching : Apr 23rd, 2013 at 11:21 AM.
Old Apr 23rd, 2013, 11:29 AM   #1721
country flag muusa

Quote:
What I can recall from the interviews is that she mentioned Wimbledon somewhere, but not RG.

Btw, she is basically in Johannesburg MD now, but hasn't withdrawn from Trnava yet where she is still 45th alt.
Old Apr 23rd, 2013, 11:34 AM   #1722
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
And does she not intend to play
She did not intend to play any more junior events. With the possible exception of Wimbledon. So, unless recent setbacks have made her change plans, she will not play in Paris.
Old Apr 23rd, 2013, 02:31 PM   #1723
country flag chingching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meelis View Post
She did not intend to play any more junior events. With the possible exception of Wimbledon. So, unless recent setbacks have made her change plans, she will not play in Paris.
Why would she play Wimbledon and not RG
Unless its to go to the Ball, which she stated as a reason for her loss to Bouchard

Quote:
Old Apr 23rd, 2013, 02:37 PM   #1724
country flag WhoAmI?

Quote:
Unless its to go to the Ball, which she stated as a reason for her loss to Bouchard
What?

As far as I can remember, she was supposed to have AO as the last junior event, but later said she could still play Wimbledon, didn't say why.. Maybe she wants to play a grass event, since clay is more available?
Old Apr 23rd, 2013, 03:13 PM   #1725
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Quote:
She likes it more And in case she still chases that slam title, then it's more likely to happen in Wimbledon.