Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6 - Page 144 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Apr 21st, 2013, 11:21 PM   #2146
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey View Post
OMg Kim had or has Arthritis I never know that when did this happen in her career
I dunno when it started. The first time it got mentioned was in 2007 when she retired that it was taking her a long time every morning when she got up with her arthritis problems. I don't know. But I've a feeling she improved and it got better after her break from tennis when she came back. But when she finally did retire agin - her body was a mess.

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters
terjw is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 22nd, 2013, 04:22 AM   #2147
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Though I lack the omniscience to say what Caro,herself,means when making such quotes,like other posters have mentioned,it's very,very common for female tennis players to claim that they'll only play 'for a couple more years'--even when they obviously didn't mean it literally

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

W(PE)TA: Women's Pathetic Enabler Tennis Association

LOOK! It's CLEAR; Carousel is a LIE! You don't HAVE to die! You can LIVE; LIVE and GROW OLD!
bruce goose is online now View My Blog!  
Old Apr 22nd, 2013, 04:50 AM   #2148
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

If nothing changes and she continues to struggle with her game- can't win titles/ is a non-contender at the big tournaments in the next 2-3 years, I don't see a point for her to continue to play til 28-30. It has been really frustrating to follow her in those past years, do you really want to see her play at this level where she's just a journeywoman, for another 8-10 years? I'm certainly not!

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 22nd, 2013, 05:02 AM   #2149
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWTennis View Post
If nothing changes and she continues to struggle with her game- can't win titles/ is a non-contender at the big tournaments in the next 2-3 years, I don't see a point for her to continue to play til 28-30. It has been really frustrating to follow her in those past years, do you really want to see her play at this level where she's just a journeywoman, for another 8-10 years? I'm certainly not!
A top 10ish player is not a journeywoman.

Ivanovic slumped far worse than Caro has so far and she's still out there (she turns 26 in early november). JJ is still out there at 28.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is online now View My Blog!  
Old Apr 22nd, 2013, 06:02 AM   #2150
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Not sure if you were asking me directly or the forum in general but,no,I'd rather not see her just go thru the motions for another 8-10 years.However,if she somehow has it within her to win a Slam(Lord only knows),then I'd hate to see her retire before winning it,if that makes sense(?).If Caro retired 3 years from now,she'd still be younger than 3 recent,decent but non-awesome Slam champions....That's all for me today,so good night...even if it's not night where you are

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

LOOK! It's CLEAR; Carousel is a LIE! You don't HAVE to die! You can LIVE; LIVE and GROW OLD!
Old Apr 22nd, 2013, 06:44 AM   #2151
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Like Protoss says - borderline top ten is not a journeywoman. It only looks like that to us because we were so spoiled by her success a few years ago. But someone in the 9-12 range on the ranking list is still in the position to make a move and have a good run at important tournaments. Like this year at Indian Wells for example. If she would retire while she's still in the top ten (or close) it would look like giving up. Of course, if she would totally disappear into anonimity it would be different. But if you're #1 at twenty and a non-entity at 24 it can only mean that your heart isn't in it anymore, and that would be disappointing.

Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!  
Old Apr 22nd, 2013, 10:29 AM   #2152
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, its very possible that the last 2 years are for real, and that she cant do any better.
Whether that keeps her in the sport in her late 20's, we will see.
But I think if she could pull herself out of this easily, it would have happened already.
That her January was so soft could be a sign that isnt motivated during the offseason to really study what went wrong and try to better.
She came back in January as a more inconsistent player than she was late in 2012.
I expected her to be at least as good as she was in Tokyo, Beijing, Moscow.
So I dont know if Caro's head is totally into tennis anymore, so retiring becomes a real option
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 22nd, 2013, 01:04 PM   #2153
country flag bruce goose

Slow day in Stuttgart with only qualies played;good day for Caro to get some practice hits

Old Apr 22nd, 2013, 01:28 PM   #2154
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
A top 10ish player is not a journeywoman.

Ivanovic slumped far worse than Caro has so far and she's still out there (she turns 26 in early november). JJ is still out there at 28.
Ok, maybe not a journeywoman but she hasn't really been a threat to top players, just like Ivanovic and JJ, they can be still out there playing, but nobody (except some of their crazy fans) take them seriously as contenders for the big titles for years now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Like Protoss says - borderline top ten is not a journeywoman. It only looks like that to us because we were so spoiled by her success a few years ago. But someone in the 9-12 range on the ranking list is still in the position to make a move and have a good run at important tournaments. Like this year at Indian Wells for example. If she would retire while she's still in the top ten (or close) it would look like giving up. Of course, if she would totally disappear into anonimity it would be different. But if you're #1 at twenty and a non-entity at 24 it can only mean that your heart isn't in it anymore, and that would be disappointing.
I'm not saying she should retire at 25 but if her results have not improved and she has not won a GS or at least one PM by this time, and she would want to quit to start a family I won't hold it against her, and I won't think that she is giving up.

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 22nd, 2013, 01:41 PM   #2155
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

She finished 2011 as #1, and her relationship with Rory was new. So if she wasnt ready to start 2012 well, its understandable.
But she finished 2012 out of the YEC. This relationship with Rory isnt new anymore.
That she didnt use this offseason to study what went wrong & be ready for a better 2013, I think is a sign that she's not totally into it.
This is #1 player for 2010 & 2011. There's only a few players who have ever done that 2 years in a row.
That she fell all the way out of the YEC and came back worse than she ended last year, it says a lot.
Either she just cant do it anymore, or she is too distracted to do it
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 22nd, 2013, 02:31 PM   #2156
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute

Stuttgart

Quote:
[3] Kerber Bye
Pavlyuchenkova vs Makarova
Shvedova vs Vinci
[7] Wozniacki vs Suarez Navarro
Nice draw for Caroline, it could have been much more difficult. Barthel, Ivanovic, Petkovic and Jankovic all not in her part of draw. Caroline must reach QF at least. Losses to Navarro/Vinci/Shvedova would be very bad, and another low.

Good Luck
Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki N. Petrova M. Hingis
T. Paszek A. Chakvetadze K. Sprem J. Dokic I. Tulyaganova A. Myskina
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
rucolo is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 22nd, 2013, 04:37 PM   #2157
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
Yeah, its very possible that the last 2 years are for real, and that she cant do any better.
Whether that keeps her in the sport in her late 20's, we will see.
But I think if she could pull herself out of this easily, it would have happened already.
That her January was so soft could be a sign that isnt motivated during the offseason to really study what went wrong and try to better.
She came back in January as a more inconsistent player than she was late in 2012.
I expected her to be at least as good as she was in Tokyo, Beijing, Moscow.
So I dont know if Caro's head is totally into tennis anymore, so retiring becomes a real option
Caro's offseason training last year was combined with vacationing.

I think that neither Caro or Rory for that matter used their offseason well last year.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Old Apr 22nd, 2013, 04:56 PM   #2158
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
Caro's offseason training last year was combined with vacationing.

I think that neither Caro or Rory for that matter used their offseason well last year.
It's tough to know without knowing exactly what she did off-season. It does seem that Caro never uses training blocks well anymore though. You would think not making Istanbul last year should have sent alarm bells ringing, but then how she come out at the start of the year didn't provide much hope. In hindsight maybe the end of last season gave her false hope.
ozza is online now View My Blog!  
Old Apr 22nd, 2013, 04:59 PM   #2159
country flag Protoss

Quote:
Originally Posted by rucolo View Post
Stuttgart

Nice draw for Caroline, it could have been much more difficult. Barthel, Ivanovic, Petkovic and Jankovic all not in her part of draw. Caroline must reach QF at least. Losses to Navarro/Vinci/Shvedova would be very bad, and another low.
Losing to someone better than you on a surface is not "another low".

Suarez Navarro and Vinci are both inside the top 30 while Caro has several losses to players outside the top 50 already this year.
Old Apr 22nd, 2013, 05:04 PM   #2160
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

I am not sure Vinci will have much left in the tank for Stuttgart after today.
ozza is online now View My Blog!  
Closed Thread