Fed Cup 2013 (GO TEAM GB!) - Page 17 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 21st, 2013, 06:25 PM   #241
country flag KeysisGOAT

KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future
Re: Fed Cup 2013 (GO TEAM GB!)

"You've got the best football player in the world, you've got the pope, there's no need to cheer a missed first serve" - BBC 5LE commentator
KeysisGOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 21st, 2013, 06:27 PM   #242
country flag allracquetsports

allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice

I've never been a fan of Baltacha which is unfair because a lot of her poor performances in the past have been on the back of long periods of illness and injuries.
Even allowing for her opponent's weaknesses, that 2nd set was a wonderful example of grit and determination coupled with thoughtful tennis.

Well played - time to dig deep and do what the younger generation can't do
allracquetsports is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21st, 2013, 06:32 PM   #243
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future

Good job Bally into the third
guichard is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21st, 2013, 06:34 PM   #244

allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice

Lots of massaging of calves after the second set. I wonder if they are allowed to have a rub down between games as well?
Old Apr 21st, 2013, 07:04 PM   #245

Hm - looks like Baltacha has been taking advice from Robson on how to play the 3rd set.

1 - 5
Old Apr 21st, 2013, 07:25 PM   #246
country flag Evans.

Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all
I wanna hear an explanation for picking Elena over Anne.

May have cost us this tie.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Evans. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21st, 2013, 07:29 PM   #247
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evans. View Post
I wanna hear an explanation for picking Elena over Anne.

May have cost us this tie.

Yup
guichard is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21st, 2013, 07:30 PM   #248
country flag *hingis_forever*

*hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future *hingis_forever* has a brilliant future

There's no way to look at this result without seeing it as an awful result. Losing to a team with no top 100 players playing, and we have the world number 38, is just disgraceful. Laura clearly needs to get in better shape, based on her recent third set performances, and why in God's name did Elena play the last singles match?

*hingis_forever* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21st, 2013, 07:52 PM   #249
country flag Zenjo

Zenjo is a splendid one to behold Zenjo is a splendid one to behold Zenjo is a splendid one to behold Zenjo is a splendid one to behold Zenjo is a splendid one to behold Zenjo is a splendid one to behold Zenjo is a splendid one to behold Zenjo is a splendid one to behold Zenjo is a splendid one to behold Zenjo is a splendid one to behold Zenjo is a splendid one to behold

Baltacha seemed like an insane pick earlier on.

It was an insane pick! She wasn't fit enough to play 3 sets which is hardly a surprise as she hasn't completed a match in over 8 months. Maybe JoKo or Anne would have lost as well but they'd at least have a chance of winning a 3 set match.

Either way it was a risk which backfired big time and may have cost us promotion.

Laura also failed to deliver today, continuing her recent form.

Sure you can say that we would have won this tie at home or with Heather playing. We should have won it anyway.
Zenjo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21st, 2013, 07:57 PM   #250
country flag Evans.

Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all
Yeah Laura played her part in the defeat too. She failed to step up when needed, and instead supplied yet another third set collapse.

Still Judy has a lot to answer to this weekend.

Evans. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21st, 2013, 08:14 PM   #251
country flag sarahtennis5

sarahtennis5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Regarding the circumstances, I thought Elena did really well today. Should she have been picked in the first place? It's debatable. I don't know what it is with Laura just now. It's obvious she thrives when she is the underdog. Perhaps she doesn't like the pressure of being the favourite, which is something she'll have to get used to.

Look on the bright side. When Laura has her confidence back, Bally's fully fit and Heather's recovered we will be a force. I think we can do it next year. Let's stay positive!

sarahtennis5 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21st, 2013, 08:36 PM   #252
country flag *O.R*

*O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute

Tough loss

Elena wasn't fit enough to play that match against Irigoyen...but she did her best anyway. Konta would have done better imo.

Petrova _ Stosur _ Kuznetsova _ Kanepi _ Rybarikova _ Makarova _ Hradecka _ K.Bondarenko _ Sharapova _ Vesnina _ Hantuchova _ Flipkens _ Jankovic _ Govortsova _ Krajicek _ Martic _ Lucic _ Cetkovska _ Rezai _ Peer _ Begu _ Dulgheru _ Arvidsson _ Larsson _ Hercog _ Mattek-Sands _ Scheepers _ Pliskovas _ Peng _ Minella _ Puchkova _ Voegele
*O.R* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21st, 2013, 09:13 PM   #253
country flag pesto

pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of

It always did seem an insane pick. I bet Anne is really pissed off to go all the way to Argentina, not get a chance to play, and to end up as part of a team that lost against much lower-ranked opponents through a mixture of crap play and crap picks.

And it doesn't seem fair on Bally either - she'll feel responsible for the loss, when there is no way she should have been put into bat in the first place. She's got an admirably feisty attitude, and in normal circumstances, she's a Fed Cup natutal, but she's nowhere near match -fit at the moment, unsurprisingly.
pesto is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote