Fed Cup 2013 (GO TEAM GB!) - Page 16 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 21st, 2013, 04:39 PM   #226
country flag pesto

pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of
Re: Fed Cup 2013 (GO TEAM GB!)

I can only hope Judy knows something we don't. Well, presumably, she knows lots of things we don't...
pesto is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 21st, 2013, 04:41 PM   #227
country flag allracquetsports

allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe. View Post
I'd be suprised if Bally beats Irigoyen after such a long break from tennis
Maybe but if you haven't played for a long time, a very slow clay court is probably good as you get more time to play shots. The last thing you need is a lightning fast court with the ball whizzing around and short rallies before you get your eye in.

If it goes the distance then fitness & stamina could be a problem
allracquetsports is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21st, 2013, 04:46 PM   #228
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by allracquetsports View Post
Maybe but if you haven't played for a long time, a very slow clay court is probably good as you get more time to play shots. The last thing you need is a lightning fast court with the ball whizzing around and short rallies before you get your eye in.

If it goes the distance then fitness & stamina could be a problem
This. It is exactly what happened when Baltacha played her first match back.
guichard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21st, 2013, 04:52 PM   #229
country flag Joe.

Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by allracquetsports View Post
Hope you're right. She's wasted 3 BPS so far but it's okay....*2-2
Old Apr 21st, 2013, 05:01 PM   #230

allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice

Judy Murray was probably thinking that if Anne K played & won, possibly in 3, then she would be in no condition to play the doubles. Given the potential for nerves to take over, Bally may be a better bet than Joanna who is still ranked at the same level as the Argentinian girls.

Then again if she loses, the doubles don't matter, so there is an argument for either player.
Old Apr 21st, 2013, 05:13 PM   #231

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotre View Post
She could if she didn't have this weird issue in third sets. Which is a big if, to be fair. I just don't get it.
It is possible that the 3rd set problem is not so much Laura being mentally feeble or lacking fitness - maybe her opponents just start to pressure the weak points in Laura's game more as they get used to the game.

Even though a coach may tell them what to do, in the early stages Laura's relentless power may take some getting used to - there is very little subtlety in Laura's game.

Sharapova knows Laura's game well enough to take her apart from the first game but Laura was close to taking a set off her until she switched her game to :-

Wide to the backhand followed by wide to the forehand followed by wide to the backhand (if it gets that far) -- point.

Sharapova did this for the rest of the match and won comfortably in the end, so why didn't she do that from the beginning?

Maybe the lower ranked players need a bit more time to work her out.
Old Apr 21st, 2013, 05:37 PM   #232
country flag Joe.

Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute

Loses the first set.

Can't see her being able to do it in 3.

To be fair- everything was against- the surface, the absence of Heather, the Argentinian crowd (and Judy's rubber choices ).
Old Apr 21st, 2013, 05:52 PM   #233
country flag Dawson.

Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute

She looks tired and they are only at 1-1 second set She not running as many balls down as she normally would and is moving very slow between points.

... for some reason.
Dawson. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21st, 2013, 05:54 PM   #234
country flag LegionArgentina

LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute

Guys any of you have stats for Irigoyen-Baltacha match? I wonder if Irigoyen had 3 or 4 aces and would like to know winners and uf ratio too?
Thanks

*Peng*Tanasurgarn*SuarezNavarro*Duarte*Martic*Ryba rikova*
*Irigoyen*Botto*Ormaechea*Pella*Lucero*Pereira*Tow nsend*

*Kurata*Gamiz*Perez*SaiSai Zheng*Errani*Ce*ForetzGacon*
.Podoroska.Bonardi.HaddadMaia.PerezRojas.Gonzalez.
*Furlanetto*Goncalves*Pigossi*AlvarezTeran*DuqueMa rino*
LegionArgentina is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21st, 2013, 05:58 PM   #235
country flag Mforensic

Mforensic has a reputation beyond repute Mforensic has a reputation beyond repute Mforensic has a reputation beyond repute Mforensic has a reputation beyond repute Mforensic has a reputation beyond repute Mforensic has a reputation beyond repute Mforensic has a reputation beyond repute Mforensic has a reputation beyond repute Mforensic has a reputation beyond repute Mforensic has a reputation beyond repute Mforensic has a reputation beyond repute

Stats

MI vs EB

Aces 4:2
DFs 0:6
First Serve 70% : 59%
Total Winners 13:18
Forced Errors 7:1
Unforced Errors 24:40
2008- 25K Jersey, 75K Torhout
2009- 25K Changwong, 75K Shrewsbury
2010- 100K Midland, 50K Nottingham
2011- 100K+H Nottingham
2013- 50K Nottingham
Mforensic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21st, 2013, 05:59 PM   #236
country flag Embittered

Embittered has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionArgentina View Post
Guys any of you have stats for Irigoyen-Baltacha match? I wonder if Irigoyen had 3 or 4 aces and would like to know winners and uf ratio too?
Thanks
The Fed Cup live score has winner stats. 4 aces, 3 FH winners, 6 BH winners, it says at the moment. (24 UE)
Embittered is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21st, 2013, 06:00 PM   #237
country flag LegionArgentina

LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute LegionArgentina has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mforensic View Post
Stats

MI vs EB

Aces 4:2
DFs 0:6
First Serve 70% : 59%
Total Winners 13:18
Forced Errors 7:1
Thank u.

*Peng*Tanasurgarn*SuarezNavarro*Duarte*Martic*Ryba rikova*
*Irigoyen*Botto*Ormaechea*Pella*Lucero*Pereira*Tow nsend*

*Kurata*Gamiz*Perez*SaiSai Zheng*Errani*Ce*ForetzGacon*
.Podoroska.Bonardi.HaddadMaia.PerezRojas.Gonzalez.
*Furlanetto*Goncalves*Pigossi*AlvarezTeran*DuqueMa rino*
LegionArgentina is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21st, 2013, 06:11 PM   #238
country flag Dawson.

Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mforensic View Post
MI vs EB
And there you have it

... for some reason.
Dawson. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21st, 2013, 06:19 PM   #239

Be fair to Baltachs - she is making mistakes but is also playing well in between and making a good effort with lots of determination. Giving it all for the team to lead 4 - 3 in the 2nd set.

She didn't pick the team and is doing better than most would have expected
Old Apr 21st, 2013, 06:22 PM   #240

Bally has got balls. 5 - 3