Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6 - Page 141 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Apr 20th, 2013, 08:34 PM   #2101
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
That Miami match against Sharapova is so overrated. Caro played poorly for most of the match and was down a double break in all 3 sets.

There are only two things about that match that are of much interest to me: Sharapova's bizarre 1st set meltdown and Caro being more aggressive when she was down big in 3rd set.
Well, she led Serena 64 51, then closed it out. So I dont think those 2 matches were over rated. Maria played better this IW, but that match was in doubt until the last point ( that over rule).
Problem is that she came out of Miami & a Copenhagen final, then didnt get to a QF for months.
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 20th, 2013, 08:46 PM   #2102
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
Well, she led Serena 64 51, then closed it out. So I dont think those 2 matches were over rated. Maria played better this IW, but that match was in doubt until the last point ( that over rule).
Problem is that she came out of Miami & a Copenhagen final, then didnt get to a QF for months.
Do you think that in part Maria's bigger troubles in closing in last years Miami was at that stage Caro still had somewhat of an aura, especially vs Maria specifically. By this year any aura Caro had vs other top players is pretty much gone. It's easier to perform better, and close out sets and matches if you always believe you're going to win and don't feel any pressure from the other end of the court.
ozza is online now View My Blog!  
Old Apr 20th, 2013, 09:36 PM   #2103
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

I dont know. I think players like Pervak, Muguruza, Voegele all think Caro is the soft seed they want in their section.
Sharapova was probably a little off that Miami. She lost a close final to Aga.
But Caro was playing at that level, Miami 2012, that would have her in the top 4, if she could maintain that level. The problem is that she cant keep playing well anymore. Just when you start thinking she is getting things back in order, she falls apart again.
Its very hard to maintain that level, and Caro is struggling bigtime.

Old Apr 20th, 2013, 10:09 PM   #2104
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
I dont know. I think players like Pervak, Muguruza, Voegele all think Caro is the soft seed they want in their section.
Sharapova was probably a little off that Miami. She lost a close final to Aga.
But Caro was playing at that level, Miami 2012, that would have her in the top 4, if she could maintain that level. The problem is that she cant keep playing well anymore. Just when you start thinking she is getting things back in order, she falls apart again.
Its very hard to maintain that level, and Caro is struggling bigtime.
That is true. The more Caro keeps getting out-toughed in these 3rd sets the harder it's going to get for her, because she's giving more and more of the locker room reason to believe they can beat her. Caro has to compete a lot harder to win matches as a result (mainly mental).

The whole key is to maintaining that level though. Lets say hypothetically Miami 2012 was top 4 tennis, as a stand alone it doesn't really mean anything. Pretty much everyone in the top 10 will at some point make a run somewhere, it's consistently doing it which separates the upper end of the top 10 from the lower end.
Old Apr 20th, 2013, 10:28 PM   #2105
country flag goldenlox

I think the first thing she and her team have to realize is that she is better on hardcourt. So she needs to be 100% for the 2 hardcourt majors and ready for hardcourt premiers, so she can accumulate points and have a better chance for good draws at majors.
To show up in January losing to Pervak and Sveta twice is almost a bad joke for a #1 player.
Same with the US Open.
I understand getting injured at New Haven because she was going for 5 in a row. Now thats streak is over, she has to be healthy & ready for the US Open, and ready for the Premier 5's on hardcourt, because she needs those points.

Something is mentally off with Caroline. Her focus is far below where it used to be. Thats something her team has to work on. She has to be ready to start matches, and motivated to close them out

Old Apr 20th, 2013, 10:46 PM   #2106
country flag ozza

Do you not think goldenlox if any year is the year to play New Haven it is this year? Unless something drastically changes in the next 4 months I think we need to be realistic, Caro isn't going to be a contender at the USO. She may however need the points (and potential trophy) that New Haven offers.
Old Apr 20th, 2013, 11:13 PM   #2107
country flag goldenlox

If she plays New Haven ever again, she has to understand that getting to NYC healthy is much more important.
She has to understand how important the AO is to her career.
Besides the last 2 AO's, Vika hasnt done anything Caro hasnt done. #1, USO final, YEC final, titles at mandatories, other slam semis. Caro's done all that. The difference is she doesnt play her good tennis at the AO. Even when she was good, she fell apart against Li with match point.
This year, Vika had a softer draw this AO than most Intls. Part of that is because of injuries to Li and Serena, and also part is Caro being one of the seeds in Vika's quarter. Vika beat Stephens, thats the only seed in 6 rounds. Then Li was injured in the final and just went for wild shots in set 3
Caro has to understand that is her chance to win majors. She has to be ready for that happening again. It will happen again and again. It already happened for Schiavone, and Azarenka. Slam draws fall apart. You have to get thru your draw to take advantage

Old Apr 21st, 2013, 04:12 AM   #2108
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
Do you think that in part Maria's bigger troubles in closing in last years Miami was at that stage Caro still had somewhat of an aura, especially vs Maria specifically. By this year any aura Caro had vs other top players is pretty much gone. It's easier to perform better, and close out sets and matches if you always believe you're going to win and don't feel any pressure from the other end of the court.
And the converse is usually also true;it's harder for Caro to close out sets and matches when she has serious doubts that she's going to win...and her foes have more confidence to come back on her in those situations when they see that she's blown them often before

Semi-retired tennis fan praying for a Culture of Accountability from the Pathetic Enabler, the WTA

Soccer=the RCC and Islam in terms of brainwashed,mindless fanatics who'll kill and maim for their stupid religion
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 21st, 2013, 11:06 AM   #2109
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Today at 7:00 pm (CEST) there will be Live Chat with Caro at the Porsche Tennis Grand Prix! You can submit your questions here: https://www.facebook.com/PorscheTenn...70871326326937

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 21st, 2013, 03:17 PM   #2110
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

We could Caro why she torments us by being such a sweet gal;it'd be easier to dismiss her struggles as a player if she weren't so likable as a person

Semi-retired tennis fan praying for a Culture of Accountability from the Pathetic Enabler, the WTA

Soccer=the RCC and Islam in terms of brainwashed,mindless fanatics who'll kill and maim for their stupid religion
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 21st, 2013, 03:40 PM   #2111
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

CaroWozniacki
Thank you @Torben_H for taking the time to help me out over the weekend! Great treatments, feeling good!

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 21st, 2013, 03:51 PM   #2112
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

^ FFS, injured again ...

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 21st, 2013, 03:59 PM   #2113
country flag ozza

Isn't that the sort of treatment that pretty much every player will be getting though? I can't imagine you'd post that on twitter if you had a bad injury.
Old Apr 21st, 2013, 05:18 PM   #2114
country flag KleineBiere

KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWTennis View Post
Today at 7:00 pm (CEST) there will be Live Chat with Caro at the Porsche Tennis Grand Prix! You can submit your questions here: https://www.facebook.com/PorscheTenn...70871326326937
no doubles

bruno mars
Old Apr 21st, 2013, 05:25 PM   #2115
country flag Fantasy Hero

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute

Caro replied to a question of mine

http://ski-and-tennis.blogspot.it
my own blog with reviews and articles, have a look if you're intrested
Fantasy Hero is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread