Fed Cup 2013 (GO TEAM GB!) - Page 10 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 20th, 2013, 04:07 PM   #136
country flag Dawson.

Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Fed Cup 2013 (GO TEAM GB!)

Anyone listening to commentary? Keothavong threw a bit of shade Judy Murray's way in regards to not being picked in the first singles match

... for some reason.
Dawson. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 20th, 2013, 04:12 PM   #137
country flag KeysisGOAT

KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future

Two DFs in a row. Typical Laura.
KeysisGOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20th, 2013, 04:25 PM   #138
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by e5dawsonj View Post
Anyone listening to commentary? Keothavong threw a bit of shade Judy Murray's way in regards to not being picked in the first singles match
What did she say ?
guichard is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20th, 2013, 04:29 PM   #139
Royals.

Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute

Phew. That was HARD.

Please improve in the second set.
Old Apr 20th, 2013, 04:33 PM   #140
country flag Dawson.

Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute Dawson. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by guichard View Post
What did she say ?
It was her tone more than anything. She and the commentator were discussing how Konta played in the first match when the commentator said something like "I thought you were hitting the ball pretty well yesterday in practise, Anne." To which Anne replied "well yeah, so did I... [awkward laugh] but it wasn't to be."

... for some reason.
Old Apr 20th, 2013, 05:05 PM   #141
Royals.

Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute

LAURA!
Old Apr 20th, 2013, 05:06 PM   #142
country flag Dawson.

Laura's most comprehensive win of the year

Although it must be said that Molinero was very poor. I can't imagine her beating Konta, Anne or Bally tomorrow playing like that

... for some reason.
Old Apr 20th, 2013, 05:07 PM   #143
country flag claypova
#sugarfamily

claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute

claypova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20th, 2013, 05:09 PM   #144
country flag KeysisGOAT

KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future KeysisGOAT has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by e5dawsonj View Post
Laura's most comprehensive win of the year

Although it must be said that Molinero was very poor. I can't imagine her beating Konta, Anne or Bally tomorrow playing like that
Was she poor, or was she made to look that way by an in form Laura?
KeysisGOAT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20th, 2013, 05:19 PM   #145
country flag Dawson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotre View Post
Was she poor, or was she made to look that way by an in form Laura?
A bit of both I'd say. Her backhand (whenever she didn't slice it) looked rank amateur. A bit of firepower and the best she could hope for was just the ball back in the court. As long as Konta, Anne or Bally don't have a disastrous day, it should be another straight sets win.

Laura vs Paula, as expected, will be the important one.

... for some reason.
Old Apr 20th, 2013, 08:54 PM   #146
country flag Zenjo

Zenjo is a splendid one to behold Zenjo is a splendid one to behold Zenjo is a splendid one to behold Zenjo is a splendid one to behold Zenjo is a splendid one to behold Zenjo is a splendid one to behold Zenjo is a splendid one to behold Zenjo is a splendid one to behold Zenjo is a splendid one to behold Zenjo is a splendid one to behold Zenjo is a splendid one to behold

I'd expect the matches tomorrow to be a lot closer. Laura will win if she plays as well as she did today. Both Captains have a decision to make whether to replace their no. 2's. Molinero was desparately poor so hopefully she'll be picked again. I still think Judy should go with Anne. Konta didn't look ready. If it comes down to it then we'd be favourites for the doubles, so I'm quite optimistic.
Zenjo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20th, 2013, 09:43 PM   #147
country flag no-hay-igual

no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of no-hay-igual has much to be proud of

Anne really should have been picked after her title in France, although its difficult for a captain to overlook the second ranked player despite her form. But Ormaechea is a good good player, very handy on clay and better than her ranking. A lot of junk in there with some good power, that will be THE match tomorrow.

Expect Joko to beat Molinero so wouldnt fiddle around with anything, it'll just be poor if Joko cant beat her, she is a far better player. Good luck GB

If you don't stand for something you'll fall for anything
no-hay-igual is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20th, 2013, 09:54 PM   #148
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by no-hay-igual View Post
Anne really should have been picked after her title in France, although its difficult for a captain to overlook the second ranked player despite her form. But Ormaechea is a good good player, very handy on clay and better than her ranking. A lot of junk in there with some good power, that will be THE match tomorrow.

Expect Joko to beat Molinero so wouldnt fiddle around with anything, it'll just be poor if Joko cant beat her, she is a far better player. Good luck GB
Agree but perhaps Judy thought that Anne will have lost too. In that perspective, it is better to keep Anne fresh for a very important 4th rubber either to win or stay alive.
guichard is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20th, 2013, 11:46 PM   #149
country flag Joe.

Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute

I really don't understand why Konta is playing the singles....she's been playing on clay for a couple of months now and has had awful results.
Old Apr 20th, 2013, 11:52 PM   #150
country flag Dawson.

But when Anne would have lost by a similar scoreline everyone would be saying that the younger, higher ranked player who has been playing on clay for the last few months should have played instead

... for some reason.