Mona Barthel - Volume 2 - Page 156 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 6th, 2013, 06:01 PM   #2326
country flag KatjaS

KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Mona Barthel - Volume 2

It's really hard to say what would be the best for Mona right now. I could see how either playing or not playing Fed Cup could be good for her. In my opinion she should talk with Rittner about this and they should come to a joint conclusion so that if she decides that she is mentally not in a place right now for it she doesn't get those "refusal"-accusations again.
KatjaS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 6th, 2013, 06:10 PM   #2327
country flag Tecumseh

Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melange View Post
Hannelore is like Master Obi Wan, "Trust your feelings Luke..."

I want to hear more of her coaching. Its so deep sometimes
Yeah, what we were witnessing was the "Return of Hannelore"!
Tecumseh is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2013, 06:27 PM   #2328
Setsuna.

Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think it's a good idea to play Fed Cup for Mona. I don't think she can handle the pressure there. However all the Germans don't look that good at the moment.

Kerber - Not at her best and probably still injured. She is still the best German though and will play singles in Fed Cup surely.
Barthel - Very unstable mentally and after what happened in her last match I don't think it's wise to pick her to play singles in Fed Cup. I love Mona but that's what I think. I just can't see her handling the pressure there.
Goerges - She isn't really any better than Mona but at least she has some experience in Fed Cup.
Lisicki - Not really a better option than Mona but she was playing decent tennis in Charleston.
Petkovic - Don't think she is gonna play because she is coming back from injury.

So yeah, I really wonder which one of the other 4 Rittner will pick to play singles with Kerber. Picking anyone of these 4 atm seems equally risky.

Chakvetadze Barthel Pavlyuchenkova Kerber Halep Shvedova Bencic

Last edited by Setsuna. : Apr 6th, 2013 at 06:35 PM.
Setsuna. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7th, 2013, 08:04 AM   #2329
country flag Tecumseh

Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatjaS View Post
It's really hard to say what would be the best for Mona right now. I could see how either playing or not playing Fed Cup could be good for her. In my opinion she should talk with Rittner about this and they should come to a joint conclusion so that if she decides that she is mentally not in a place right now for it she doesn't get those "refusal"-accusations again.
This kind of solution would also help Rittner in the sense that, in case Team Germany will lose, she wouldn't get accused of not having nominated the player with the best H2H against the serbian players.
Old Apr 7th, 2013, 09:09 AM   #2330
country flag joy division

joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future

Of course a lot of things are going on but I think we should not jump too early to the conclusion that Mona is in a bad state of mind or unable to play tennis right now or something. I hope so at least.
She has confirmed to Rittner that she will take part in the FedCup. It sometimes can be better and useful to stick by your word and overcome your indisposition when you`re in a difficult situation. Nomination line is on April 10th. Rittner will announce her decision very soon and then we`ll see.

Last edited by joy division : Apr 7th, 2013 at 11:07 AM.
joy division is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10th, 2013, 09:04 PM   #2331
Setsuna.

Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute Setsuna. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melange View Post
Hannelore is like Master Obi Wan, "Trust your feelings Luke..."

I want to hear more of her coaching. Its so deep sometimes
Please no, I don't want that.

Old Apr 19th, 2013, 01:53 PM   #2332
country flag Tecumseh

Mona got nominated for the second singles spot against Serbia. She will be playing the opener against Ana Ivanovic.

http://www.fedcup.com/en/draws-resul...ieId=100019091
Old Apr 19th, 2013, 02:10 PM   #2333
country flag crazillo

crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute crazillo has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.welt.de/sport/article1154...-im-Hotel.html
"There is a saying that there is no friendship in tennis, but I've proven the opposite. After all of them are here, it means that there is friendship and I want to thank them for being here tonight. I hope the fans are happy too."

My blog about my semester spent in China (bilingual in both German and English):
http://crazillo.jimdo.com! Please feel free to make comments!!
crazillo is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19th, 2013, 02:34 PM   #2334
country flag yoite

yoite is just really nice yoite is just really nice yoite is just really nice yoite is just really nice yoite is just really nice yoite is just really nice yoite is just really nice yoite is just really nice yoite is just really nice yoite is just really nice yoite is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecumseh View Post
Mona got nominated for the second singles spot against Serbia. She will be playing the opener against Ana Ivanovic.

http://www.fedcup.com/en/draws-resul...ieId=100019091
She is the first one to play. If she win tomorrow, the team will be more confident. It's the third time to meet Ana. Mona have a good H2H against Ana. And it's in this count that Mona beat Ana for the first time. So I think Mano will win tomorrow.
yoite is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19th, 2013, 08:04 PM   #2335
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute

Looking at the fed cup pics, Mona is really quite tall. She's the only one without high heels and she's still the tallest German.

I'm not quite sure what to make of the German fed cup outfits which they have been using of late in each fed cup dinner. Some improvements could be made.

I've been reading through the Fed Cup discussion thread using online translation. Quite an entertaining read actually .

From an outsider's point of view, Germany has many legitimate choices, and it's quite natural to pick the no. 1, Kerber, and someone who has a good record against Ana, Mona, despite having no Fed Cup experience. None of the girls on either the German or Serbian side are in particularly great form, all have recent bad losses, so it's really up to the captain.

My guess: if it goes to the doubles the Germans take it. I think there is a decisive advantage to the Germans in doubles. So probably, if Mona wins one match, the Germans win overall. I think the absence of JJ affects Serbia's chances immensely. With JJ there the chance of taking 3 singles becomes possible for Serbia. In my opinion, this is the most likely way for Serbia to win, since apart from Krunic, the other Serbian girls do not play good doubles.

I'm not really sure who wins between Mona and Ana this time, Mona might do it, but then again she might get nervous. Ana might remember some of her clay magic, but then again she might hit a single bad shot and suddenly lose all her confidence. Unpredictable match-up, but given the head to head you have to give Mona excellent chances. These two girls are both capable of sublime tennis, and also of playing the worst tennis you've ever seen in your life.

Last edited by HowardH : Apr 19th, 2013 at 08:11 PM.
HowardH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20th, 2013, 01:08 PM   #2336
country flag mk27

mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute

Stuttgart

Barthel vs Safarova
mk27 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20th, 2013, 01:51 PM   #2337
Tennis Fool

Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mk27 View Post
Stuttgart

Barthel vs Safarova

All around tough section, and she has QF points to defend:

1 Sharapova BYE
Barthel vs Safarova
Ivanovic vs WC Petkovic
Q vs 8 Petrova

Should be an interesting match against Lucie. Wonder how much each will have left in the tank after Fed Cup?
PUTINTSEVA #1 PLAYER

MakarovaPavlyuchenkovaBarthelLisickiBeck DoloncTwinPliskovasPutintsevaPuchkovaSirotkinaPfizenmaier GavrilovaMituScholl
Tennis Fool is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20th, 2013, 02:12 PM   #2338
Setsuna.

Not her day.

Old Apr 20th, 2013, 02:23 PM   #2339
country flag yoite

yoite is just really nice yoite is just really nice yoite is just really nice yoite is just really nice yoite is just really nice yoite is just really nice yoite is just really nice yoite is just really nice yoite is just really nice yoite is just really nice yoite is just really nice
Lose to Ana in fed cup.
yoite is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20th, 2013, 02:38 PM   #2340
country flag Rex59

Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of Rex59 has much to be proud of

Ana was just better today, more decisive and precise in the execution of her ground game. Mona gifted quite a bit, a lot of sloppy errors in addition to being predictable with her forehand, practically returns her forehand crosscourt 95% of time, even on sitters with Ana simply standing there waiting to return. Decision-making and execution was not one of her best today, for sure.
Rex59 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote