On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen - Page 324 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Apr 10th, 2013, 02:22 PM   #4846
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

Am surprised,and grateful,at not having to puke...looking back now,I bought some sardines yesterday w/o checking the expiration date on the can...and that was likely the root of the problem

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

W(PE)TA: Women's Pathetic Enabler Tennis Association

LOOK! It's CLEAR; Carousel is a LIE! You don't HAVE to die! You can LIVE; LIVE and GROW OLD!
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 11th, 2013, 04:18 AM   #4847
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

Chris Evert apparently doesn't disapprove of the extent of Caroline's golf fanship......or maybe she's just getting soft in her old age and doesn't wanna be too critical anymore

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

LOOK! It's CLEAR; Carousel is a LIE! You don't HAVE to die! You can LIVE; LIVE and GROW OLD!
Old Apr 11th, 2013, 06:02 AM   #4848
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Chris Evert apparently doesn't disapprove of the extent of Caroline's golf fanship......or maybe she's just getting soft in her old age and doesn't wanna be too critical anymore
Or she herself was involved with a golfer.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 11th, 2013, 01:25 PM   #4849
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
Or she herself was involved with a golfer.
Evert was a cold-blooded assassin as a player,but she's obviously much different as a human being.If I had to guess,I'd say that she heard Davenport's bitchy comments and disapproved......and that this was sort of a friendly gesture to Caroline

Old Apr 12th, 2013, 04:12 AM   #4850
country flag bruce goose

Looks like a final count of ten rose blooms on the old woman's final gardening endeavor---I'm truly blessed

Old Apr 15th, 2013, 05:36 PM   #4851
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

I'm curious to know how many folks visit this forum just to look at the picture thread.

From time to time I look at the user list at the bottom of the forum and see a number of people who don't normally participate in this forum.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 15th, 2013, 06:35 PM   #4852
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Evert was a cold-blooded assassin as a player,but she's obviously much different as a human being.If I had to guess,I'd say that she heard Davenport's bitchy comments and disapproved......and that this was sort of a friendly gesture to Caroline
Well, she's definitely more modest about her achievements than many players who haven't achieved even 10% of what she has. I'd say that she's TOO modest in this regard actually. But I guess the record speaks for itself, and perhaps she also thinks about it like that. In her personal life she's made some mistakes. Perhaps that's why she isn't judgemental towards Caroline either. Not that Caroline IS making a mistake, but Chris must know from personal experience that the media is a monster that judges without even knowing half the story. I hear that she can be critical towards Caroline in her tennis commentary, but that's her job now. But she also says nice things about her on twitter and/or facebook. Chris Evert is far from a perfect person, but perfect people don't exist. I've never regretted for a minute that I've been lifelong fan of her. And current players should never forget that Billie Jean King isn't the only reason why they are earning millions these days. BJK may have created the framework that made such a thing possible, but it was Chris Evert who made womens tennis popular with the public at large. One of the slams should name a big court after her, preferably the USO. 40 years of WTA is not all about BJK.

Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 15th, 2013, 07:48 PM   #4853
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Well, she's definitely more modest about her achievements than many players who haven't achieved even 10% of what she has. I'd say that she's TOO modest in this regard actually. But I guess the record speaks for itself, and perhaps she also thinks about it like that. In her personal life she's made some mistakes. Perhaps that's why she isn't judgemental towards Caroline either. Not that Caroline IS making a mistake, but Chris must know from personal experience that the media is a monster that judges without even knowing half the story. I hear that she can be critical towards Caroline in her tennis commentary, but that's her job now. But she also says nice things about her on twitter and/or facebook. Chris Evert is far from a perfect person, but perfect people don't exist. I've never regretted for a minute that I've been lifelong fan of her. And current players should never forget that Billie Jean King isn't the only reason why they are earning millions these days. BJK may have created the framework that made such a thing possible, but it was Chris Evert who made womens tennis popular with the public at large. One of the slams should name a big court after her, preferably the USO. 40 years of WTA is not all about BJK.
Most importantly she is still pretty hot.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 15th, 2013, 07:57 PM   #4854
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
Most importantly she is still pretty hot.
Yep.

Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 16th, 2013, 12:16 AM   #4855
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Totally agree with naming a court,a STADIUM court,after Evert

Old Apr 18th, 2013, 09:12 AM   #4856
country flag bruce goose

Okay,if any of you Brits have come browsing thru here,you could help me out with a "translation".First of all,there's a sort of Q&A game that the British FC team plays with each other on video on the WTA website.You might recommend it to anyone who stereotypes Brits as snobby or overly-sophisticated.One doesn't have tremendously-high expectations of teenager Robson or 20-year-old Watson and,given that we're looking into the world of very shallow,spoiled rich girls,one doesn't expect too much from the slightly-older Konta,either.However,even the late twentysomething Baltacha and Keothavong...and even the MUCH-older Murray gal...show roughly the emotional depth and sophistication of horny 15-year-old girls,thus helping to dispel the aforementioned Brit stereotype.I counted three separate questions where they had to decide which named male made them wetter in their panties

....But as for the translation part,I normally can distinguish the British accent w/o too much difficulty,thanks to my enjoyable BBC viewing experiences.However,there's one spot in the video(you may save time by watching only one of them,about 1:15 in length,as they re-gurgitate the same babble)where I can't decipher WTF they're saying.They must choose between wearing a dress or "tracking bees",and I put the latter in quotes since that's the closest I can get to deciphering what they've said.If one of you could spell it out,that'd be much appreciated.Even if it's a colloquialism that's not in the dictionary,I can do a simple internet search to find out what it is.

Old Apr 18th, 2013, 09:34 AM   #4857
country flag angliru

angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute

Probably tracky B's (tracking bottoms).
angliru is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 18th, 2013, 02:58 PM   #4858
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Originally Posted by angliru View Post
Thanks,Angliru,that sounds correct and is also consistent with the superficial whims and moods of the dizzy,emotionally immature gals in the vid.

....But they DID bring me back to one of Burisleif's worthwhile prompts,Most Overrated Films.As for 'Love,Actually',it 'Sucked,Actually' and was 'Pretty Stupid and Juvenile,Actually'.In fact,I 'Walked Out of the Theater,Actually' and strolled around the good-sized shopping center and got some decent physical exercise for about 30 minutes before rejoining my family at the estimated end-time of the film.

Though I don't ever expect much from the worthless crap that the Americans produce(think 'AFIEWSAS')where,e.g.,two people see each other in an elevator for about 10 seconds... then get separated for a year...and somehow developed an intense bond of love with each other.....On the contrary,to paraphrase the rescuing officer from 'Lord of the Flies',I'd expect British boys to put up a better show of things

Old Apr 19th, 2013, 02:59 AM   #4859
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Thanks,Angliru,that sounds correct and is also consistent with the superficial whims and moods of the dizzy,emotionally immature gals in the vid.

....But they DID bring me back to one of Burisleif's worthwhile prompts,Most Overrated Films.As for 'Love,Actually',it 'Sucked,Actually' and was 'Pretty Stupid and Juvenile,Actually'.In fact,I 'Walked Out of the Theater,Actually' and strolled around the good-sized shopping center and got some decent physical exercise for about 30 minutes before rejoining my family at the estimated end-time of the film.

Though I don't ever expect much from the worthless crap that the Americans produce(think 'AFIEWSAS')where,e.g.,two people see each other in an elevator for about 10 seconds... then get separated for a year...and somehow developed an intense bond of love with each other.....On the contrary,to paraphrase the rescuing officer from 'Lord of the Flies',I'd expect British boys to put up a better show of things
L A does have the redeeming scene where the floppy PM calls the cocky President a bully. It's an unceremonious soppy film, without pretence to be more than a Christmas flick, moreover, Claudia in Cameo looks hot, and Keira holds a mean Banoffee pie. Harmless fun
Old Apr 19th, 2013, 03:12 AM   #4860
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by angliru View Post
Indeed, Tracksuit bottoms, or 'Chav Pants' as they are also known, not to be confused with 'Burberry Plaid Slacks', 'innit' (which chavs also wear with a missguided notion that anyone else wears them unless forced to by the golf commitee) or Trousers hung below the buttocks (which is infact is the dress code of 'saggers' derived from the forced absence of belts in prison).
Closed Thread