Estonian Tennis - Page 129 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 18th, 2013, 12:13 AM   #1921
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Estonian Tennis

Lithuania won against South Africa so their chances are even smaller
I really think they could have won this. I mean I don't see why Julia lost: she has seemed to be better than Nour I really think any of them in good form could have won that match
Eva did better than I expected and the Doubles was good

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by moby View Post
The Chernobyl mutant is in her element within China's waste and pollution.
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 18th, 2013, 12:44 AM   #1922
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
I don't see why Julia lost: she has seemed to be better than Nour
No way. Only reason Abbes is unranked is that she has barely pro tournaments during the last year. Her results have been a way better than whatever Matojan has ever showed. And Julia's best was several years ago.
Meelis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18th, 2013, 05:47 AM   #1923
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meelis View Post
No way. Only reason Abbes is unranked is that she has barely pro tournaments during the last year. Her results have been a way better than whatever Matojan has ever showed. And Julia's best was several years ago.
If Julia is so bad why did they play her...
Also Julia led 5-1 against Vasylyeva who has been Top 260, was Top 350 at the time IIRC who took a set off Kichenok this week (something Anett has failed to do in their last meeting) and qualified easily at the Tallinn tournament. Yes different surface but I don't see why Abbes is so much better

Quote:

Last edited by chingching : Apr 18th, 2013 at 05:53 AM.
Old Apr 18th, 2013, 10:05 AM   #1924
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute Meelis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
If Julia is so bad why did they play her...
It's not like there's a way better options on the bench.

Quote:
Also Julia led 5-1 against Vasylyeva
And lost 6 games in a row before that and after that.
Old Apr 18th, 2013, 11:29 AM   #1925
country flag chingching

Quote:
It's not like there's a way better options on the bench.

And lost 6 games in a row before that and after that.
I think there has to be an Estonian who can beat Abbes whether that be Erika or Tatja (I know they are both in bad form)
I still don't get why they don't tactically play Eva as player NO.2

Still think she should have won
I don't think Abbes would win 2 games vs Ostapenko
I don't really have much knowledge, but from what I can tell, Julia could have won.
I am curious how Eva will go against Diana

Quote:
Old Apr 18th, 2013, 11:51 AM   #1926
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Matojan lost to Ostapenko 16 16
Hendsel lost to Marcinkevia 57 63 16

Relegation play-off it is.

Last edited by Meelis : Apr 18th, 2013 at 12:07 PM.
Old Apr 18th, 2013, 11:53 AM   #1927
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Quote:
I think there has to be an Estonian who can beat Abbes
Yes, but neither is in Montenegro

Quote:
I still don't get why they don't tactically play Eva as player NO.2
She is the higher ranked player, so she must play as #1

Last edited by Meelis : Apr 19th, 2013 at 11:51 AM.
Old Apr 18th, 2013, 12:03 PM   #1928
country flag chingching

Quote:
Yes, but neither is in Montenegro

She is the highest ranked player in the team, so she must play as #1
But she is unranked....
They surely can't enforce it...

Quote:
Matojan lost to Ostapenko 16 16
Paalma lost to Marcinkevia 57 63 16

Relegation play-off it is.
Excellent job Eva
I really think she has potential as Marcinkevica although not in the best of form has shown quite a lot of talent This result is much better than Anett's
If they can win the Doubles and then Eva can beat Suomalainen I would be so happy

Quote:
Old Apr 18th, 2013, 12:07 PM   #1929
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

It was actually Hendsel not Paalma
Old Apr 18th, 2013, 12:32 PM   #1930
country flag muusa

muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold

A suprisingly decent match by Hendsel.
muusa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18th, 2013, 12:45 PM   #1931
country flag chingching

Quote:
It was actually Hendsel not Paalma
Seriously
The girl who lost to Fomina and Shymanovich 1 and 1 and who lost to some random old woman from Denmark by a similar scoreline
And she got whipped by Piter
Well, that is amazing then
Well done Erika, may this be the beginning of good form
I thought it had to be Eva when she lost the first set 7-5, I mean that is so Eva Also so Erika
So does that mean they would have to play Vorobjova lower than Matojan and Hendsel even though she is substantially higher ranked in Juniors of one and others in Julia

Quote:
Old Apr 18th, 2013, 02:24 PM   #1932
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Paalma/Vorobjova lost to Gulbe/Marinkevica 3-6 5-7.

Lithuania beat Greece, so it will be either South Africa or Greece on Saturday.
Old Apr 18th, 2013, 03:14 PM   #1933
country flag Tennisfan06

Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute

Good fight from Erika
Tennisfan06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19th, 2013, 11:31 AM   #1934
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Quote:
So does that mean they would have to play Vorobjova lower than Matojan
They are not using the current (updated) rankings, so Vorobjova is higher in the pecking order than Matojan.
Old Apr 19th, 2013, 11:32 AM   #1935
country flag Meelis
Team WTAworld

Matojan lost to Tuomi 63 57 67(6)

2 MPs in set two and 2 MPs in the third set tie-break.

Vorobjova plays Suomalainen