Coach's Hot Seat - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 27th, 2013, 02:24 PM   #1
country flag 10sE

10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all
Coach's Hot Seat

There is an American football website by this name that ranks coaches in order of lowest job security. I don't think I have time to do an exhaustive ranking but would like suggestions about what coaches you feel are "On the hot seat" at their respective universities! After everyone has chimed in, we can do a ranking...division one programs only please.

I will start with a few:

1. Wake forest – a former top 25 team with only one win this season
2. Arizona – poised to go winless in the pac12
3. Oregon – consistently under performs great resources given
4. Kansas– Having a better year this year but long term mediocrity for a storied uni
5. Texas– Top resources in the country yet struggles to be a top team
6. Colorado – should be a top program, has been bad for years
7. Wisconsin – ditto
8. Kentucky – also better year this year but horrifically bad the last few years

Any others?
10sE is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 29th, 2013, 01:29 PM   #2
country flag FuzzyB

FuzzyB is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Coach's Hot Seat

What about Simone Jardim at Michigan State? It is tough to compete in the Big Ten but Michigan State should be much better than they are!
FuzzyB is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12th, 2013, 08:32 PM   #3
country flag gouci

gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all

I wouldn't be surprised if this season's record has put the new Cal Poly coach in the hot seat. He is 3-17 this season on top of being unproven at Cal Poly.

Injuries can't really be used as an excuse in women's college tennis especially when each team is allowed 8 scholarship players.

I don't have anything against the coach and I wish them success as a ranked Cal Poly helps the Big West. Just pointing out that having the worst season in Cal Poly program history may put their new coach in the hot seat.

Last edited by gouci : Apr 12th, 2013 at 08:39 PM.
gouci is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13th, 2013, 01:49 AM   #4
country flag FuzzyB

They should give Cal Poly at least a couple of years to see what he can do with his own players.
Old Apr 14th, 2013, 06:54 PM   #5
country flag gouci

gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all

The new UC Riverside AD is promoting a campaign of "Building Champions" for the women's tennis team.

If the AD is credible that should put the UCR head coach who's team has zero Div. 1 wins this season in the hot seat.
gouci is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2013, 03:28 AM   #6
country flag 3gtennis

3gtennis is an unknown quantity at this point

Are there coaching changes coming now that season is finished for everyone?
3gtennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1st, 2013, 10:35 PM   #7
country flag FuzzyB

The Kansas and Wisconsin coaches were fired. I don't know of any other changes.
Old Feb 17th, 2014, 08:25 PM   #8
country flag 10sE

10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all

2014 Coaches Hot Seat update

1. Oregon
2. Mississippi State
3. SMU
4. Colorado
5. Arizona
6. Missouri
7. Michigan State
8. Iowa
9. Cincinnati
10. Texas

Off the hot seat:
Wake Forest, Kentucky

Fired:
Kansas, Wisconsin

Feel free to add more!
Old Feb 17th, 2014, 09:49 PM   #9
country flag beachman49

beachman49 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by gouci View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if this season's record has put the new Cal Poly coach in the hot seat. He is 3-17 this season on top of being unproven at Cal Poly.

Injuries can't really be used as an excuse in women's college tennis especially when each team is allowed 8 scholarship players.

I don't have anything against the coach and I wish them success as a ranked Cal Poly helps the Big West. Just pointing out that having the worst season in Cal Poly program history may put their new coach in the hot seat.
You have to imagine actually forfeiting a match last year with 'not enough healthy players' only to then field full line up 'the very next day' in battle of the worst two teams in league trying not to finish last had to smell a bit to the administration.

Have to agree with my Eater friend.
beachman49 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17th, 2014, 09:51 PM   #10
country flag beachman49

beachman49 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by gouci View Post
The new UC Riverside AD is promoting a campaign of "Building Champions" for the women's tennis team.

If the AD is credible that should put the UCR head coach who's team has zero Div. 1 wins this season in the hot seat.
Only if given scholarship and expense money. Does not have 4 scholarships funded and barely has $15,000 in total operating budget for recruiting, travel, uniforms, balls and refs.

UCR sucks in just about everything due to lack of funds. Probably should have never gone D1 a decade ago.

Nothing personal. Actually feel sorry for the coaches in all sports there.
beachman49 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17th, 2014, 11:17 PM   #11
country flag iPatty

iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute iPatty has a reputation beyond repute

I actually have a friend who just transferred out to go play for the mens team at UCR, mostly because it's the only D1 he could have played.
Old Feb 18th, 2014, 12:33 AM   #12
country flag 10sE

I don't think someone with a 15k budget can be on the hot seat. It would be hard enough to find someone willing to replace him!
Old Feb 18th, 2014, 04:06 AM   #13
country flag Kevin.
Team USA ♥

Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute Kevin. has a reputation beyond repute

I work with the Cincinnati Athletics Department. From my knowledge the school doesn't want to get rid of her.
Doubles: Rank-15; Career High-12. Career Record: 108-114; Best Results: Winner: 2012-Wimbledon w/Kylger, 50k Lexington w/Kylger, 2011-Luxembourg w/drake1980;Finalist: 2012-San Diego w/Kylger, Moscow w/Kylger

Follow me on twitter!: www.twitter.com/kevintdillon
Kevin. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2014, 04:16 AM   #14
country flag TennisSee

TennisSee is an unknown quantity at this point

The guy at Mississippi State has to be on the bubble. After going 2-16 in 2010-2011. He was 7-14 the next year and 9-14 this year. So what does he do to save his job. He sets up a schedule of cupcakes featuring a bunch of teams from the SWAC. Tomorrow he has a double header scheduled with 2 matches against the same team, Jackson State. Can you believe that? Wow.
TennisSee is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19th, 2014, 01:16 AM   #15
country flag 10sE

TennisSee I feel like you should be paying me royalties for sampling my name

I agree with you about MSU. I doubt that's going to fool the A.D. but I have seen a lot of teams doing that in response to the .500 rule (need a .500 record or better to make NCAAs). Maybe he was being optimistic when he made the schedule.