2013 Kim Clijsters's Pictures and News thread - Page 2 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 8th, 2013, 06:26 AM   #16
country flag Sarah<Kim-fan>

Sarah<Kim-fan> has a reputation beyond repute Sarah<Kim-fan> has a reputation beyond repute Sarah<Kim-fan> has a reputation beyond repute Sarah<Kim-fan> has a reputation beyond repute Sarah<Kim-fan> has a reputation beyond repute Sarah<Kim-fan> has a reputation beyond repute Sarah<Kim-fan> has a reputation beyond repute Sarah<Kim-fan> has a reputation beyond repute Sarah<Kim-fan> has a reputation beyond repute Sarah<Kim-fan> has a reputation beyond repute Sarah<Kim-fan> has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2012 Kim Clijsters' Picture Thread

big article with Kim in Dag Allemaal this week, talking about the Buba and Bata charity she did an event for and about the baby.
my grandmother has the magazine, as soon as I get it, I'll post the pics here

here's the front cover :

Sarah<Kim-fan> is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 9th, 2013, 06:29 AM   #17

Sarah<Kim-fan> has a reputation beyond repute Sarah<Kim-fan> has a reputation beyond repute Sarah<Kim-fan> has a reputation beyond repute Sarah<Kim-fan> has a reputation beyond repute Sarah<Kim-fan> has a reputation beyond repute Sarah<Kim-fan> has a reputation beyond repute Sarah<Kim-fan> has a reputation beyond repute Sarah<Kim-fan> has a reputation beyond repute Sarah<Kim-fan> has a reputation beyond repute Sarah<Kim-fan> has a reputation beyond repute Sarah<Kim-fan> has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2012 Kim News

articles from De Morgen & Het Nieuwsblad about Kim visiting Paris for Usana

Old Apr 9th, 2013, 07:48 PM   #18
country flag Chachou

Chachou is a splendid one to behold Chachou is a splendid one to behold Chachou is a splendid one to behold Chachou is a splendid one to behold Chachou is a splendid one to behold Chachou is a splendid one to behold Chachou is a splendid one to behold Chachou is a splendid one to behold Chachou is a splendid one to behold Chachou is a splendid one to behold Chachou is a splendid one to behold

April 6th, Paris, Usana event

Old Apr 14th, 2013, 05:20 PM   #19
country flag everythingtaboo

everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold

Maybe I'm looking too hard, but in that first pic I can sorta see a tiny little bump starting to grow.
Old May 12th, 2013, 05:21 PM   #20
country flag Robert-KimClijst

Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future

Kim is in Rome hitting with Flipkens and, I presume, coaching her for the week. Hope we get some photos!!

Thank You, Kim
Robert-KimClijst is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2013, 08:28 PM   #21

Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future Robert-KimClijst has a brilliant future

A picture I found of Kim--starting to show the pregnancy--practicing in Rome (with Flipkens presumably).

Thank You, Kim
Old May 13th, 2013, 11:45 AM   #22
country flag everythingtaboo

everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold everythingtaboo is a splendid one to behold

Another:

https://twitter.com/marcocaldara/sta...862912/photo/1
Old May 23rd, 2013, 06:47 AM   #23

Rome:

Old May 28th, 2013, 01:08 PM   #24

Today, Kim received her honorary doctorate at the VUB (Brussels University)!

This is why she got it:
"With this honorary doctorate Kim Clijsters is rewarded for the role she has played as ambassador for the sport and for the way in which she has combined a top sporting career with a family. She is an example for many talented women who are forced to choose between work and family. She is also engaged in social projects, with a firm commitment to SOS-Kinderdorpen. With her engaging personality she has become one of the greatest sporting ambassadors our country has ever known.
The honorary doctorate for Kim Clijsters is awarded in the context of the 25 years of Top-Class Sport and Study at the Vrije Universiteit Brussel."

articles + videos:
http://www.nieuwsblad.be/sportwereld/cnt/DMF20130528_00600839

http://www.sporza.be/permalink/1.1641861

http://www.sporza.be/permalink/1.1641882
Old May 29th, 2013, 11:08 AM   #25
country flag Chachou

Chachou is a splendid one to behold Chachou is a splendid one to behold Chachou is a splendid one to behold Chachou is a splendid one to behold Chachou is a splendid one to behold Chachou is a splendid one to behold Chachou is a splendid one to behold Chachou is a splendid one to behold Chachou is a splendid one to behold Chachou is a splendid one to behold Chachou is a splendid one to behold

The Flemish Free University of Brussels, the VUB, has awarded Kim an honorary doctorate

Old Jun 7th, 2013, 09:26 AM   #26
country flag alex.2812

alex.2812 has much to be proud of alex.2812 has much to be proud of alex.2812 has much to be proud of alex.2812 has much to be proud of alex.2812 has much to be proud of alex.2812 has much to be proud of alex.2812 has much to be proud of alex.2812 has much to be proud of alex.2812 has much to be proud of alex.2812 has much to be proud of alex.2812 has much to be proud of

Her hairstyle became so bad
Old Jun 30th, 2013, 08:27 PM   #27
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Guys Kim Daughter Jada who is now 5 year is now started to play tennis is the info on twitter

Well said @ClijstersKim: Former No. 1 whose 5-year-old daughter Jada has started playing, says she wouldn't want to train her daughter. "I'll let another coach deal with that," she says. "I think it's important to keep that normal parent-child relationship."

A.Radwańska | Halep | Wozniacki | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | S. Crawford | Chirico | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková | Soylu
Trey is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30th, 2013, 08:30 PM   #28
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

Can't wait too see her daughter in the future

A.Radwańska | Halep | Wozniacki | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | S. Crawford | Chirico | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková | Soylu
Trey is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25th, 2013, 06:00 AM   #29

Some actual Kim news! They said the interview was edited and condensed, and knowing how verbose Kim can be, that is definitely believable.

http://straightsets.blogs.nytimes.co...for-clijsters/

Last year’s United States Open was Kim Clijsters’s swan song. A three-time Open champion, Clijsters retired for the second time. This year, she will be watching the tournament from her home in Belgium, where she is expecting her second child, a boy, with her husband, the retired basketball player Brian Lynch. She has spent the year as a fan, particularly of her friend and fellow Belgian Kirsten Flipkens, who reached the semifinals of Wimbledon. She is also working on renovating and developing a tennis club and academy in her hometown, Bree. This interview was edited and condensed.

Q. You are having a baby soon. How are you feeling?

A. Three weeks away. Busy, busy. Maybe a little too busy. The second one is going a lot faster than the first one. I still have a lot to do before the little one gets here.

Q. How will you follow the Open this year from Belgium?

A. Maybe it will be good with the time difference. Maybe I’ll be breast-feeding. It’s good to have something to watch on TV.

Q. How does this retirement feel compared with your first one?

A. With the first one, I kind of felt really relieved. I also felt it was definite. We were going to get married. We had Jada. For a while, the feeling started to grow to try and come back. I tried to put that aside. I know how much work and how hard it was to get back into shape after having Jada. It was hard to maintain that level. I know what it’s like, and it’s not something I look forward to trying again.

Q. Will you and your husband compete for what sports your children will play?

A. We want them to play sports and want them to be active. It’s not like our son has to play basketball, has to play soccer, has to play tennis. Give them the option and see what they like. They might like music.

Q. It felt as if you were at Wimbledon this year with Kirsten Flipkens’s success. What was it like to watch?

A. I was very, very proud and emotional. We were in the States watching a lot of her matches. It was incredible to be sitting on the couch and watching her in the semifinals and the quarterfinals, knowing where she came from a year and a half ago.

Q. How do you focus on fitness now?

A. I enjoy the fact that I’m able to go running when I want to do it. I don’t have to work out for four or five hours. Now the workout is kind of relaxation. In the past, it was something I had to do.

Q. How is everything going with your tennis club and academy?

A. It’s a lot of work behind the scenes. Things I learned on the road. Things that are important. It’s not just tennis courts and a gym. It’s a place for players to do tests. Healthy food on site. Massage therapy, Pilates, yoga, mental training. It’s the full package that a young player can use already to grow as a person and tennis player. But also for players on tour that don’t have a lot of the options like I did.

Q. Last year, your retirement was a big story. This year, it’s Marion Bartoli’s. What did you think about that?

A. I was very surprised. The news came out in the States when we were sleeping here. In a way, I was shocked. In a way, you understand the emotions behind it. You can have a moment after winning a big event that it’s such a relief to win such a big event. Do I think she’ll come back? I think so. Her body felt sore. I’m a good example. I can at least say the body and the joints will stop hurting three months from now.

She might come back. If not, she’s still had a great career. She was a great person to have around on tour. To see her intense way of playing practice and matches is something we can all learn something from. She was so focused and so driven all the time.

Thank You, Kim
Old Sep 16th, 2013, 06:24 AM   #30

Last week tv-show Cafe Corsari (the same show that did the Cafe Clijsters thing at Kim's last match in Antwerp) made a tribute episode for Tia Hellebaut (high jumper). She's a good friend of Kim, and so Kim made a little video with interview for her :

http://www.een.be/programmas/cafe-co...-kim-clijsters

(she couldn't be there because she can have the baby any minute now!)