STUTTGART 2013: Claypova slays and wins 2nd Porsche! - Page 22 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 12th, 2013, 08:36 PM   #316
country flag Joelina

Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future
Re: STUTTGART 2013: Aint no backseat in my Porsche!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighterpova View Post
No thanks

They already played 2 times on clay

And Masha got breadsticked in both matches
that Charleston match was very high quality match where both Maria and Serena turned clay into hard court and Maria had even set points in the first set and not to mention that it was 2008, and despite the fact Maria had a great season and played a great match against Serena there, she still sucked on clay that time and Serena was on winning streak from Miami till Charleston

but the Madrid one is one big mystery to me, i haven't seen the match so i have no idea why maria won only a few games

Kvitova Ivanovic Cepelova Hantuchova Jankovic
Joelina is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 12th, 2013, 08:46 PM   #317
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joelina View Post
that Charleston match was very high quality match where both Maria and Serena turned clay into hard court and Maria had even set points in the first set and not to mention that it was 2008, and despite the fact Maria had a great season and played a great match against Serena there, she still sucked on clay that time and Serena was on winning streak from Miami till Charleston

but the Madrid one is one big mystery to me, i haven't seen the match so i have no idea why maria won only a few games
madrid last year = grass.

The Charleston match was definitely the last match in which Maria vs Serena could have been called a rivalry legitimately. It's inexplicable how Maria lost that match, well not really, it was blatantly obvious Rena was in her head. I actually think she was in her head more then than she is now. In most of their post-op matches the head has been there IMO, the tennis hasn't. Although OG/Miami still proves she has some demons.
Old Apr 13th, 2013, 12:11 AM   #318
country flag goldlion

goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold

1 more week to go!!
goldlion is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13th, 2013, 11:25 AM   #319
country flag JoPova

JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future JoPova has a brilliant future

Can't wait for the draw to come out, so we can start speculating on the possible match-ups

Novak Djokovic Roger Federer Tomas Berdych Juan Martin Del Potro Richard Gasquet
JoPova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13th, 2013, 12:10 PM   #320
country flag AnnieIWillKnow

AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute

When does the draw come out?
Old Apr 13th, 2013, 12:41 PM   #321
country flag Pimp_Me_Pova

Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieIWillKnow View Post
When does the draw come out?
probably next saturday

Maria Sharapova, Kim Aussie Clijsters, Roger Fedex Federer, Petra Kvitova, JMDP, Sabine Lisicki
Pimp_Me_Pova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13th, 2013, 01:46 PM   #322
country flag TrollPova
Don't Be A Hater, Dear

TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute

Why is time flying by so quickly . Not sure I'm mentally prepared for the April-June swing with Maria having so much on the line
Old Apr 13th, 2013, 02:16 PM   #323
country flag Icky80

Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold

trying to make a claypova gif using Gimp
Icky80 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13th, 2013, 02:55 PM   #324
country flag Maria Croft

Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute

Hey guys,

Do you know when the QF will be played and if all matches are played on the same day, because I wanna be sure to see Maria play.

Thanks!

Wimbledon 2004 US Open 2006
Australian Open 2008 Roland Garros 2012 2014
0013..Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Maria Croft is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13th, 2013, 03:11 PM   #325
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13th, 2013, 03:25 PM   #326
country flag TrollPova
Don't Be A Hater, Dear

TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria Croft View Post
Hey guys,

Do you know when the QF will be played and if all matches are played on the same day, because I wanna be sure to see Maria play.

Thanks!
I remember last year the QF were all played in one day, and it was one of the most epic days of tennis I've ever watched, with Vika/Barthel and Maria/Stosur. I'm going to guess Thursday, April 25, but I don't know for sure. Surely no later than the 26th
Old Apr 13th, 2013, 07:05 PM   #327
country flag Maria Croft

Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute

The reason I'm asking is because Roland Garros is not happening this year. So instead I'm thinking of going to Stuttgart for a day. So I want to be certain Maria is playing. The QF's seem to be the best bet because they're all on the same day, and it's very likely she'll make it that far.

Wimbledon 2004 US Open 2006
Australian Open 2008 Roland Garros 2012 2014
0013..Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Maria Croft is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13th, 2013, 07:09 PM   #328
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The reason I'm asking is because Roland Garros is not happening this year. So instead I'm thinking of going to Stuttgart for a day. So I want to be certain Maria is playing. The QF's seem to be the best bet because they're all on the same day, and it's very likely she'll make it that far.
Tournament schedule lists the QF as Friday April 26.

Here's the link http://www.porsche-tennis.com/prod/p...ervice_tickets

Not sure if tickets would still be available though.
Old Apr 13th, 2013, 07:34 PM   #329
country flag BadgerM

BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
QF's on Fridays, I would guess. http://www.easyticket.de/de/searchre...rsche%20Tennis

Getting so anxious about the upcoming clay season. Obviously RG defense is key. If she defends RG, I don't care what else she does in the clay season, but Stuttgart and Rome are going to be key for Maria to build up confidence and form ahead of RG. Madrid is what it is.

Hopefully, she's had enough time and training to get over the third set bagel, but she's seemed to be able to compartmentalize Serena losses well this past year, whereas I think the Stanford loss seemed to hurt her.

For Stuttgart, I'm really hoping she's sharp and gets tests against tough opponents from the first match. Winning again would obviously be amazing. Also, for all the talk about how this is weaker than previous years, there are so many unseeded players that could be really good on clay/in Stuttgart and cause trouble depending on their form/mental state (Vinci, Serbian Sisters, Barthel, CSN, Kookie, Pavs, Goerges, Lisicki, Petkovic). For the seeds, would also love to see her on clay this year vs. Petrova, Stosur/Errani depending on if Stosur is recovered from her injury (that QF last year ), and Kvitty/Na.
BadgerM is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13th, 2013, 07:51 PM   #330
country flag jameshazza

I wouldn't mind a tough draw here.
Having tough draws here last year and in Rome definitely helped her for RG I think. I really don't want her running into another contender at RG if she hasn't played them in the warm-ups. Even if she loses she'll be able to take notes should they meet at RG.