Photos of Petra Kvitova - Page 185 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 12th, 2013, 08:49 PM   #2761
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Photos of Petra Kvitova

Old Channel

Treachery is a virus
ShiftyFella is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 12th, 2013, 09:01 PM   #2762
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks to Rix

you can make them biggger

Old Channel

Treachery is a virus
Old Apr 12th, 2013, 09:04 PM   #2763
country flag *Jack*

*Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiftyFella View Post
Thanks to Rix
you can make them biggger
Great photos, but Rick likes to crop a little too much for me.
*Jack* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13th, 2013, 09:11 AM   #2764
country flag paulmara

paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute paulmara has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiftyFella View Post
Thanks to Rix
Please don´t post the big ones from Rick(especially without the link). He is a hard working man, who needs clicks to make some money so he can travel more.
paulmara is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13th, 2013, 09:12 AM   #2765
country flag Rix643
member of NSSA

Rix643 has a reputation beyond repute Rix643 has a reputation beyond repute Rix643 has a reputation beyond repute Rix643 has a reputation beyond repute Rix643 has a reputation beyond repute Rix643 has a reputation beyond repute Rix643 has a reputation beyond repute Rix643 has a reputation beyond repute Rix643 has a reputation beyond repute Rix643 has a reputation beyond repute Rix643 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Jack* View Post
Great photos, but Rick likes to crop a little too much for me.
That's my managing editor @tennisgrandstand doing..... (or you must mean framing)

As far as size go, this is my original (note the difference in mark)

And yes, all originals are somewhere out there...

(the properties of this picture will help you... ; just leave the credits intact)

Bibiane Weijers Official Facebook Fanpage: http://www.facebook.com/bibischoofs

Last edited by Rix643 : Apr 13th, 2013 at 09:18 AM.
Rix643 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13th, 2013, 09:20 AM   #2766
country flag Rix643
member of NSSA

Rix643 has a reputation beyond repute Rix643 has a reputation beyond repute Rix643 has a reputation beyond repute Rix643 has a reputation beyond repute Rix643 has a reputation beyond repute Rix643 has a reputation beyond repute Rix643 has a reputation beyond repute Rix643 has a reputation beyond repute Rix643 has a reputation beyond repute Rix643 has a reputation beyond repute Rix643 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulmara View Post
Please don´t post the big ones from Rick(especially without the link). He is a hard working man, who needs clicks to make some money so he can travel more.
Excpet the ones I post here myself, inculding the original 2000x1333 size versions. Those can be spread around as long as the copyright mark is left unaltered.

Old Apr 13th, 2013, 10:30 AM   #2767
country flag *Jack*

*Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rix643 View Post
That's my managing editor @tennisgrandstand doing..... (or you must mean framing)

As far as size go, this is my original (note the difference in mark)

And yes, all originals are somewhere out there...

(the properties of this picture will help you... ; just leave the credits intact)
I meant that I can see (or I think that I can see it) that this photos had to be much bigger when you shot them on the court (your real image size should be 3888 x 2592). And then I guess because you've wanted to fill the frame more (you probably didn't have the option to take closer shot) you had cropped the original image to fix it (or improve it more likely).
I don't think this is necessarily a bad thing if you're doing it right and not too much, and I must give you a credit for your photos because I've seen many of them and yours are one of the best.
And I'm glad to see that there is someone who is not afraid to release bigger images on the internet, that's also pretty rare.
Old Apr 13th, 2013, 11:59 AM   #2768
country flag ArcticMoose

ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold

Petra Kvitova @Petra_Kvitova
Really enjoying my matches @BNPkatowiceopen and played well today against Petra! Semifinal against Cadantu tomorrow pic.twitter.com/6vbBSJZbOo

11:18 a.m. Fri, Apr 12

by: Petra Kvitova @Petra_Kvitova
ArcticMoose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13th, 2013, 01:39 PM   #2769
country flag Rix643
member of NSSA

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Jack* View Post
I meant that I can see (or I think that I can see it) that this photos had to be much bigger when you shot them on the court (your real image size should be 3888 x 2592). And then I guess because you've wanted to fill the frame more (you probably didn't have the option to take closer shot) you had cropped the original image to fix it (or improve it more likely).
I don't think this is necessarily a bad thing if you're doing it right and not too much, and I must give you a credit for your photos because I've seen many of them and yours are one of the best.
And I'm glad to see that there is someone who is not afraid to release bigger images on the internet, that's also pretty rare.
Thanks!

But I don't crop (hardly anyway and when I do, it's just very little), I frame tightly (using a higher focal length) and resample (change the image dimensions). When shooting indoors you try to use as many pixels in the final picture as you can to avoid as much noise as possible.

Old Apr 13th, 2013, 02:18 PM   #2770
country flag *Jack*

Quote:
Thanks!

But I don't crop (hardly anyway and when I do, it's just very little), I frame tightly (using a higher focal length) and resample (change the image dimensions). When shooting indoors you try to use as many pixels in the final picture as you can to avoid as much noise as possible.
So, it must be the compression from uploading on internet, if not I don't know why but it seems to me that full frame camera (even at ISO 1600) can produce much cleaner images. I wouldn't be surprised if it was like that, for example facebook is using heavy compression on uploaded images.
Old Apr 13th, 2013, 03:15 PM   #2771
country flag Rix643
member of NSSA

I use 3 bodies, 1D, 7D and 30D, neither are fullframe. And yes, Facebook compresses a lot. On average the files I upload are 2MB in size, when downloaded from Facebook just a quarter of that size.

Old Apr 13th, 2013, 03:48 PM   #2772
country flag *Jack*

Quote:
I use 3 bodies, 1D, 7D and 30D, neither are fullframe. And yes, Facebook compresses a lot. On average the files I upload are 2MB in size, when downloaded from Facebook just a quarter of that size.
Yeah, my bad, I've mistaken 1D Mk. III with 1D X (full frame), I use Nikon so I don't know Canons camera names very well.
But I still think that images from aps-c (or aps-h from Canon) camera should look better when I zoom in (especially if they are re-sized), though. It's weird.
Old Apr 13th, 2013, 07:26 PM   #2773
country flag ShiftyFella

Old Channel

Treachery is a virus
Old Apr 14th, 2013, 09:55 AM   #2774
majcpw

majcpw has much to be proud of majcpw has much to be proud of majcpw has much to be proud of majcpw has much to be proud of majcpw has much to be proud of majcpw has much to be proud of majcpw has much to be proud of majcpw has much to be proud of majcpw has much to be proud of majcpw has much to be proud of majcpw has much to be proud of

Quote:
Kvitova

A prototypical case of Dunlap's Disease...
majcpw is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14th, 2013, 07:00 PM   #2775
country flag ShiftyFella

upd
Petra_Kvitova Petra Kvitova
Thanks to the @BNPkatowiceopen for a great week! Looking forward to meeting up with the Czech team for @FedCup!

Old Channel

Treachery is a virus

Last edited by ShiftyFella : Apr 14th, 2013 at 07:14 PM.