Have you ever read Bible? - Page 6 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: ?

Yes. 33 55.93%
No. 15 25.42%
Hard to say. 11 18.64%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old Apr 12th, 2013, 11:47 PM   #76
country flag Novichok

Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Have you ever read Bible?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolDude7 View Post
Note that Almighty God has already prophesied, and has seen those who will laugh on earth, and this he say to them!

He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the Lord shall have them in derision.

but the Lord laughs at the wicked, for he knows their day is coming.

The One enthroned in heaven laughs; the Lord scoffs at them.

I in turn will laugh when disaster strikes you; I will mock when calamity overtakes you--

Here i present to you a miracle. God knows the future, but the wicked still shall not believe until they are burning in hell and the lambs in Heaven watch!
Advertisement

Old Apr 13th, 2013, 12:01 AM   #77
country flag CoolDude7

CoolDude7 has a brilliant future CoolDude7 has a brilliant future CoolDude7 has a brilliant future CoolDude7 has a brilliant future CoolDude7 has a brilliant future CoolDude7 has a brilliant future CoolDude7 has a brilliant future CoolDude7 has a brilliant future CoolDude7 has a brilliant future CoolDude7 has a brilliant future CoolDude7 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novichok View Post
and you not understanding that people burning in hell isn't funny at all??(that should be an indicator that you may need to examine something in your life) God will laugh not because he didn't warn or love you, but you reap what you sow..

more proof for you..
Old Apr 13th, 2013, 12:06 AM   #78
country flag Novichok

Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute Novichok has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
and you not understanding that people burning in hell isn't funny at all??(that should be an indicator that you may need to examine something in your life) God will laugh not because he didn't warn or love you, but you reap what you sow..

more proof for you..
God laughs at people burning in hell?
Old Apr 13th, 2013, 12:20 AM   #79
country flag CoolDude7

CoolDude7 has a brilliant future CoolDude7 has a brilliant future CoolDude7 has a brilliant future CoolDude7 has a brilliant future CoolDude7 has a brilliant future CoolDude7 has a brilliant future CoolDude7 has a brilliant future CoolDude7 has a brilliant future CoolDude7 has a brilliant future CoolDude7 has a brilliant future CoolDude7 has a brilliant future

Quote:
God laughs at people burning in hell?
one can not plant a dead seed and think it will bare life. If one plants a dead seed they will reap exactly what they sow. You plant a seed of malice and you will bare the fruit of malice. God is a wrathful God. Best believe, it is already done. That's why we were blessed with prayer and CHrist, but whatever I won't continue to waste this info on you
Old Apr 13th, 2013, 12:31 AM   #80
country flag Novichok

Quote:
one can not plant a dead seed and think it will bare life. If one plants a dead seed they will reap exactly what they sow. You plant a seed of malice and you will bare the fruit of malice. God is a wrathful God. Best believe, it is already done. That's why we were blessed with prayer and CHrist, but whatever I won't continue to waste this info on you
God isn't benevolent?
Old Apr 13th, 2013, 12:48 AM   #81
country flag CoolDude7

Quote:
God isn't benevolent?
I will let you continue to think you can do whatever you want and face nothing. I know the truth by seeing what happens when I sin myself. I have told you that I am a witness as the bible states, and it has fallen upon deaf ears. You have picked your fate, you pick death instead of life, darkness instead of light.. now go your way, make haste for you have picked death and time is of the essence...
Old Apr 13th, 2013, 03:14 AM   #82
country flag miffedmax
Worshipping the bangs

miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam L View Post
I thought you were Russian Orthodox.
Unorthodox.
"I read on the internet that there is something chipmunky about me :-)"--Andrea H.

Elena Viatcheslavovna Dementieva--Eternal Goddess of the Divine Bangs
miffedmax is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13th, 2013, 03:22 AM   #83
country flag Stamp Paid
Joshua

Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute Stamp Paid has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I will let you continue to think you can do whatever you want and face nothing. I know the truth by seeing what happens when I sin myself. I have told you that I am a witness as the bible states, and it has fallen upon deaf ears. You have picked your fate, you pick death instead of life, darkness instead of light.. now go your way, make haste for you have picked death and time is of the essence...
Damn
Old Apr 13th, 2013, 03:52 AM   #84
country flag Novichok

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBV. View Post
Damn
He sealed me with that line.
Old Apr 13th, 2013, 11:54 AM   #85
country flag wta_zuperfann
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

wta_zuperfann has a reputation beyond repute wta_zuperfann has a reputation beyond repute wta_zuperfann has a reputation beyond repute wta_zuperfann has a reputation beyond repute wta_zuperfann has a reputation beyond repute wta_zuperfann has a reputation beyond repute wta_zuperfann has a reputation beyond repute wta_zuperfann has a reputation beyond repute wta_zuperfann has a reputation beyond repute wta_zuperfann has a reputation beyond repute wta_zuperfann has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by HippityHop View Post
Actually, there are no miracles promised in John 14:12. You made that up. Here are four translations of the passage:

KJV:
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

NIV:
Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father

NLT:
“I tell you the truth, anyone who believes in me will do the same works I have done, and even greater works, because I am going to be with the Father.

RSV:
“Truly, truly, I say to you, he who believes in me will also do the works that I do; and greater works than these will he do, because I go to the Father.

I may be wrong, but Jesus certainly could have substituted the word miracles for works in this passage, but he did not.

The question then becomes what did Jesus mean by works? In Matthew 25, Jesus talks about separating the sheep from the goats. He gives specific works that will figure into that separation. It can be argued that greater works have indeed been done (quantitatively) since Jesus, through the spread and workings of the church. Jesus really worked in a relatively small area during his earthly life.

Which brings me to another point. It's often argued that people who believe the Bible will pick and choose what is to be taken literally and what is to be taken as metaphor. This argument is used to try and undermine belief by saying you either take everything literally or you take nothing literally. That's an argument that's too clever by half because it assumes that one has to be mindless in order to be a believer in scripture.

Examples:

When Jesus told the disciples "I will make you fishers of men" are we to think that he meant that we are to go out in boats and throw nets over swimmers?

In Matthew 5, When he said "you are the salt of the earth" are we to think that he meant we are literally Sodium Chloride (NaCl)?

When he said, also in Matthew 5, "You are the light of the world" and "let your light shine before men.." are we to think that he meant that we are to go out shining flashlights in front of people?

You made that up.

The problem with what you have written is that you fail to use the context to define Jesus's meaning.

If you want answers to questions on the subject go to blueletter.org website.

Here is how "works" is defined:

http://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/...gs=G2041&t=KJV

1) business, employment, that which any one is occupied

a) that which one undertakes to do, enterprise, undertaking

2) any product whatever, any thing accomplished by hand, art, industry, or mind

3) an act, deed, thing done: the idea of working is emphasised in opp. to that which is less than work

Thus, Jesus was saying, anything I can do, you can do better because of the presence of the Holy Spirit which is defined as the Comforter later in that chapter. Nowhere is it suggested that there is any LIMIT. Only that such power, such authority is unlimited.

Now, take back your innuendo after reading this from distinguished scholar Jim Feeney:

http://www.jimfeeney.org/Jesus-mighty-works.html

And remember, judge not lest ye be judged".

Abraham Lincoln
wta_zuperfann is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13th, 2013, 11:58 AM   #86
country flag wta_zuperfann
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

wta_zuperfann has a reputation beyond repute wta_zuperfann has a reputation beyond repute wta_zuperfann has a reputation beyond repute wta_zuperfann has a reputation beyond repute wta_zuperfann has a reputation beyond repute wta_zuperfann has a reputation beyond repute wta_zuperfann has a reputation beyond repute wta_zuperfann has a reputation beyond repute wta_zuperfann has a reputation beyond repute wta_zuperfann has a reputation beyond repute wta_zuperfann has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam L View Post
They've tried to convert me a lot of times including some Protestant friends of mine but I never get in debates. It's a waste of time.

Well, I love to debate. Another issue that while very divisive in this society really shouldn't be and that is the matter of zionism. Many Jews and Christians believe it is sanctioned by the Bible. Orthodox Jews and other scholars say it is not. I side with them.

What bothers me is that so many friendships are lost over this matter. But if one is to read the Bible objectively one would readily see that the Orthodox teachers and the scholars are correct.

Abraham Lincoln
wta_zuperfann is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13th, 2013, 01:43 PM   #87
country flag HippityHop

HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wta_zuperfann View Post
You made that up.

The problem with what you have written is that you fail to use the context to define Jesus's meaning.

If you want answers to questions on the subject go to blueletter.org website.

Here is how "works" is defined:

http://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/...gs=G2041&t=KJV

1) business, employment, that which any one is occupied

a) that which one undertakes to do, enterprise, undertaking

2) any product whatever, any thing accomplished by hand, art, industry, or mind

3) an act, deed, thing done: the idea of working is emphasised in opp. to that which is less than work

Thus, Jesus was saying, anything I can do, you can do better because of the presence of the Holy Spirit which is defined as the Comforter later in that chapter. Nowhere is it suggested that there is any LIMIT. Only that such power, such authority is unlimited.

Now, take back your innuendo after reading this from distinguished scholar Jim Feeney:

http://www.jimfeeney.org/Jesus-mighty-works.html

And remember, judge not lest ye be judged".
Now who is interpreting the words of Jesus? There is no innuendo in my statement. You said that the passage in John promises miracles when it does no such thing. That is your interpretation. Mind you it's not only your interpretation. Many Christians believe that miracles can be included in works. However there is more than one way to read that passage. Of course the fact that Christians have to use their minds gives some people conniption fits because it doesn't allow for keeping them in a convenient box. I gave you several examples of this in my previous post. Why don't you argue that we are to take flashlights (or torches or mag lights or candles etc.) and shine them before men or that we are to turn ourselves into literal Sodium Chloride? After all Jesus spoke those words also. Christians are not called upon to be as mindless as some would have us believe.

Why don't you read this distinguished author?

http://questions.org/attq/dont-new-t...s-than-christ/

Incidentally, while we may not be called upon to judge, we are called upon to be fruit inspectors. "You will know a tree by the fruit it bears". And that means (yes I am interpreting, like you) that we have to make a judgement about whether or not that fruit is good or rotten.

Scripture also says, "shake the dust from your feet" (should I take this literally?) which I shall now do.

"Oh it's Tommy this and Tommy that and chuck him out, the brute.
But it's savior of his country when the guns begin to shoot."
Rudyard Kipling

Last edited by HippityHop : Apr 13th, 2013 at 02:02 PM.
HippityHop is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13th, 2013, 01:51 PM   #88
country flag HippityHop

HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute HippityHop has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Scripture says "shake the dust from your feet and move on".

"Oh it's Tommy this and Tommy that and chuck him out, the brute.
But it's savior of his country when the guns begin to shoot."
Rudyard Kipling
HippityHop is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13th, 2013, 02:03 PM   #89
country flag Barrie_Dude

Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute Barrie_Dude has a reputation beyond repute

Have Read It and Love It
Old Apr 13th, 2013, 02:04 PM   #90
country flag Human Nature

Human Nature has a reputation beyond repute Human Nature has a reputation beyond repute Human Nature has a reputation beyond repute Human Nature has a reputation beyond repute Human Nature has a reputation beyond repute Human Nature has a reputation beyond repute Human Nature has a reputation beyond repute Human Nature has a reputation beyond repute Human Nature has a reputation beyond repute Human Nature has a reputation beyond repute Human Nature has a reputation beyond repute

I read the new testament twice . I have always found it difficult to read the old one .

Serena Williams : Greatest Player of All Times .
Proud member of Rena's Army .
Human Nature is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote