oO MaRtA DoMaChOwSka Fan Club Oo - Page 243 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 12th, 2013, 04:04 PM   #3631
country flag adam_ads_n
Team WTAworld

adam_ads_n has a reputation beyond repute adam_ads_n has a reputation beyond repute adam_ads_n has a reputation beyond repute adam_ads_n has a reputation beyond repute adam_ads_n has a reputation beyond repute adam_ads_n has a reputation beyond repute adam_ads_n has a reputation beyond repute adam_ads_n has a reputation beyond repute adam_ads_n has a reputation beyond repute adam_ads_n has a reputation beyond repute adam_ads_n has a reputation beyond repute
Re: oO MaRtA DoMaChOwSka Fan Club Oo

Indeed, I can agree that she is capable of much more, but (no matter how stupid it sounds) she gave much more problems to Beck than Camerin did. And Camerin won 5 matches in Katowice.

But anyway - there's no sense to think "what would it be if...". She is still there, playing doubles. Tommorow we will know if she reached the final or not
Advertisement

Old Apr 13th, 2013, 10:11 AM   #3632
country flag Losing Streak

Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute Losing Streak has a reputation beyond repute

Krunya Kichenoks Pliskovas Sasnovich Kremen Kovinic Bencic Vekic Diyas Smitkova Bellis Svitolina Cirstea Mlad Garcia Pavlovic Rezai Jovanovski Mitu Savic Savinykh Evtimova Tomova Kalashnikova

Last edited by Losing Streak : Apr 13th, 2013 at 10:19 AM.
Losing Streak is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13th, 2013, 02:52 PM   #3633
country flag goOudinUSA
Congrats Mai!!

goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunatley, the SF didn't go their way. Marta and Alicja lost 62 62.

Bally
goOudinUSA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13th, 2013, 06:42 PM   #3634
country flag adam_ads_n
Team WTAworld

adam_ads_n has a reputation beyond repute adam_ads_n has a reputation beyond repute adam_ads_n has a reputation beyond repute adam_ads_n has a reputation beyond repute adam_ads_n has a reputation beyond repute adam_ads_n has a reputation beyond repute adam_ads_n has a reputation beyond repute adam_ads_n has a reputation beyond repute adam_ads_n has a reputation beyond repute adam_ads_n has a reputation beyond repute adam_ads_n has a reputation beyond repute

Still, 1st WTA semifinal in 2013, hoping for more (no matter if doubles or singles )
Old Apr 13th, 2013, 07:12 PM   #3635
country flag adam_ads_n
Team WTAworld

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike9g View Post
I read that after exho was another interview with Marta.
And she said that she appreciates work with her trainer and won't change him for another.
And also that she wants comeback to her old style of game because that was too spectacular/scenic.

Here is interview from the end of 2012:
http://igrzyska24.pl/w-zime-musze-gr...a-domachowska/
Thanks for this! I did not see this interview in the past and there is one, very important answer there:

Quote:
Marta Domachowska: Różni się przede wszystkim szkolenie jak i warunki do treningu. Większość klubów nastawiona jest bardziej na własny zarobek niż sukcesy zawodników. Powiem na swoim przykładzie, trenując w Warszawie w zimie zazwyczaj muszę grac o 6 rano. Czasem o 7, jak są wolne korty. Bywa i tak, że muszę grać na różnych obiektach, płacić za korty. Nie ma jakiegoś systemu szkolenia, nie ma miejsca, w którym byłaby grupa zawodniczek i zawodników, którzy mogliby razem trenować. Zawsze jak się z kimś trenuje jest dużo lepsza motywacja. Długo można, by pisać na ten temat. Niestety…
For non-Polish speakers - she said here more or less: tennis clubs are mostly willing to earn money, not to have success of their players. She had to train in winter while being in Warsaw at 6 or 7 am and even go to different places to get a free court (so she was not sure if she gets a free court at one and the same place) and of course she was paying for herself. Also she said there is no training program or place where there would be more players who can train together (and this always gives a better motivation).

I noticed this a lot of times before as a big disadvantage for Polish tennis and I can say that this only confirms how PZT (Polish tennis association) "cares" about the players.

Some people say - yes, there are Radwańskas so it cannot be that bad. But the sisters were much luckier - they started off in Germany where their father was a coach at a tennis club and as we know - Germany has much better training conditions. Also since both are tennis players - they could practice together.

Poland was compared to Czech Rep. in this question and I must say that if we had a possibility to create some tennis centers where many players practice - we would have tons of other players in top 100-200 since there are many talents who cannot afford a lot unfortunately and they have no money to travel. I remember that there were some players who told that in case they don't have a sponsor - they have to stop playing tennis proffessionally due to lack of funds.

Marta added she was lucky she did not spend much when she had some bigger successes, as now she can live on what she earned before.
Old Apr 14th, 2013, 02:10 AM   #3636
country flag goOudinUSA
Congrats Mai!!

goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute goOudinUSA has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the translation.

Anyone know where she plays next?

Bally
Old Apr 14th, 2013, 07:13 PM   #3637
country flag adam_ads_n
Team WTAworld

She will either play Marrakesh or ITF in Istanbul, depending on where she makes the cut.
Old Apr 14th, 2013, 07:42 PM   #3638
country flag goOudinUSA
Congrats Mai!!

Thanks!

Bally
Old Apr 15th, 2013, 11:05 PM   #3639
country flag goOudinUSA
Congrats Mai!!

Here is a link to a photo album on WTA Tennis with Marta in a few shots.

http://www.wtatennis.com/photos/arti...y-for-the-kids

Bally
Old Apr 19th, 2013, 12:02 AM   #3640
country flag Mike.

Mike. has a reputation beyond repute Mike. has a reputation beyond repute Mike. has a reputation beyond repute Mike. has a reputation beyond repute Mike. has a reputation beyond repute Mike. has a reputation beyond repute Mike. has a reputation beyond repute Mike. has a reputation beyond repute Mike. has a reputation beyond repute Mike. has a reputation beyond repute Mike. has a reputation beyond repute

My favourite one after Dementieva. Poor thing, wish she could deal with all that pressure she put on herself and come back at least to top 100.
Mike. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19th, 2013, 01:53 AM   #3641
country flag goOudinUSA
Congrats Mai!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam_ads_n View Post
She will either play Marrakesh or ITF in Istanbul, depending on where she makes the cut.
Marta has got in the QD in Marrakesh!!

Bally
Old Apr 19th, 2013, 09:22 PM   #3642
country flag Vamos Feńa

Vamos Feńa has a reputation beyond repute Vamos Feńa has a reputation beyond repute Vamos Feńa has a reputation beyond repute Vamos Feńa has a reputation beyond repute Vamos Feńa has a reputation beyond repute Vamos Feńa has a reputation beyond repute Vamos Feńa has a reputation beyond repute Vamos Feńa has a reputation beyond repute Vamos Feńa has a reputation beyond repute Vamos Feńa has a reputation beyond repute Vamos Feńa has a reputation beyond repute

I can't believe it's been 9yrs already. Sadly, I have no faith that we'll witness similar situation ever

Thanks to JamieOwen!

Thank you for those 10 years
Vamos Feńa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19th, 2013, 09:30 PM   #3643
country flag goOudinUSA
Congrats Mai!!

Marrakech QD:

QR1 vs (5)Estrella Cabeza Candela (ESP)

Tough draw. GL Marta!

Bally
Old Apr 19th, 2013, 09:32 PM   #3644
country flag Adrian.
Let's have a kiki!

Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute Adrian. has a reputation beyond repute

If she wins, she has a BYE in round 2

But I doubt she will get there

Adrian. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19th, 2013, 09:50 PM   #3645
country flag Vamos Feńa

Vamos Feńa has a reputation beyond repute Vamos Feńa has a reputation beyond repute Vamos Feńa has a reputation beyond repute Vamos Feńa has a reputation beyond repute Vamos Feńa has a reputation beyond repute Vamos Feńa has a reputation beyond repute Vamos Feńa has a reputation beyond repute Vamos Feńa has a reputation beyond repute Vamos Feńa has a reputation beyond repute Vamos Feńa has a reputation beyond repute Vamos Feńa has a reputation beyond repute

Fingers crossed for her.
Better tell us who's the hottie from the avatar?

Thank you for those 10 years
Vamos Feńa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote