Katowice QF: Cadantu def. Peer 5-7 6-3 6-3 - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 12th, 2013, 11:03 PM   #46
country flag honzaneumannn

honzaneumannn is a name known to all honzaneumannn is a name known to all honzaneumannn is a name known to all honzaneumannn is a name known to all honzaneumannn is a name known to all honzaneumannn is a name known to all honzaneumannn is a name known to all honzaneumannn is a name known to all honzaneumannn is a name known to all honzaneumannn is a name known to all honzaneumannn is a name known to all
Re: Katowice QF: Cadantu def. Peer 5-7 6-3 6-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by noname29 View Post
Einstein... do something on ur universities , looks like they forgot to teach u, how to behave. Okay Cadantu, not a beauty, even I don't like it, but you look at tennis for the sport itself, bcz u like, or look only for the their beauty and small ass? dreary Einstein
If I looked for a beauty in tennis, neither Petra, nor Cadantu were my choice. But if I looked for a tennis player whose behaving I am most uncomfortable with, Cadantu would surely be one of my prime faves..
honzaneumannn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 12th, 2013, 11:34 PM   #47
country flag Sombrerero loco

Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute Sombrerero loco has a reputation beyond repute

wow cadantsu is on fire!!!
Old Apr 13th, 2013, 01:27 AM   #48
country flag Zojirushi
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

Zojirushi is a splendid one to behold Zojirushi is a splendid one to behold Zojirushi is a splendid one to behold Zojirushi is a splendid one to behold Zojirushi is a splendid one to behold Zojirushi is a splendid one to behold Zojirushi is a splendid one to behold Zojirushi is a splendid one to behold Zojirushi is a splendid one to behold Zojirushi is a splendid one to behold Zojirushi is a splendid one to behold

nice tournament for Shahar

Seles Dementieva Kvitova Cibulkova Peer
Groenefeld Vaidisova Tulyaganova
Zojirushi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13th, 2013, 01:31 AM   #49
country flag davidmario

davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute davidmario has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Katowice QF: Cadantu def. Peer 5-7 6-3 6-3

I agree with what posters have said before: I do not like pushers at all but somehow Cadantu makes me wanna watch her. I think it is her ability to completely cut down on unforced errors, despite showing moderate aggression, in important moments when it really matters. I think people who play tennis really get attracted by that ability and it amazes them wanting to watch this girl.
In her match against Begu, there were some Haides here and there but nothing exaggerated and I thought she was a really calm and fair player; did not complain about calls, was quiet during rallies, did not go ratchet when Begu circled balls out that were right on the line.
Today I stopped watching in the third set against Shahar because I had to leave and I did not notice any additional loudness, she was just a little more intense but I think compared to Shahar, who bitched towards to the seven year old ball kids (who do an AMAZING job for their age, btw) she was an angel. I thought Shahar was way more annoying - comparable to her outbursts at the AU Open against KDK.
And yes, she does look a lot older than 22years old, if it is not a fake birthdate then it can be explained by how hard she really works out there.

She deserves my respect and I will cheer for her tomorrow, she needs to create deep and heavy spin against Petra to offset her. Even though I am a Petra fan, I really wish Cadantu wins because she needs it more right now
Old Apr 13th, 2013, 01:36 AM   #50
country flag Kəv.

Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute

Alex

Imagine Dragons. Of Monsters and Men. Samantha Jade. Bastille <3

R.I.P Forever Elena Baltacha <3
Kəv. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13th, 2013, 05:44 AM   #51
country flag Sally Todd

Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute Sally Todd has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmario View Post
I agree with what posters have said before: I do not like pushers at all but somehow Cadantu makes me wanna watch her. I think it is her ability to completely cut down on unforced errors, despite showing moderate aggression, in important moments when it really matters. I think people who play tennis really get attracted by that ability and it amazes them wanting to watch this girl.
In her match against Begu, there were some Haides here and there but nothing exaggerated and I thought she was a really calm and fair player; did not complain about calls, was quiet during rallies, did not go ratchet when Begu circled balls out that were right on the line.
Today I stopped watching in the third set against Shahar because I had to leave and I did not notice any additional loudness, she was just a little more intense but I think compared to Shahar, who bitched towards to the seven year old ball kids (who do an AMAZING job for their age, btw) she was an angel. I thought Shahar was way more annoying - comparable to her outbursts at the AU Open against KDK.
And yes, she does look a lot older than 22years old, if it is not a fake birthdate then it can be explained by how hard she really works out there.

She deserves my respect and I will cheer for her tomorrow, she needs to create deep and heavy spin against Petra to offset her. Even though I am a Petra fan, I really wish Cadantu wins because she needs it more right now
Always spilling the true tea in vivid detail. What antics did Peer get up to against KDK?

All I know is that this thread makes me want to see Cadantu play.
Sally Todd is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13th, 2013, 08:26 AM   #52
country flag Monzanator
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute

Peer has received much support during her run in Katowice which was highlighted by the Pirnkova match which had the full audience watching and waiting for Radwanska I haven't noticed anyone getting jeered and whistled at and I think the Fed Cup shambles connection was non-existent. People just came to watch tennis and they usually support good points with some extra support for a losing player like was the case with Minella vs Kvitova.

But as for Cadantu, it's very obvious she's determined to do well and has shown probably the biggest fighting spirit out of all the players I saw this week. People here say she's annoying but her so-called antics are nothing compared to what Camerin was doing since Q1 for instance and this against much lower ranked players like the Latvian kid. Cadantu wasn't a favorite against Peer IMO and quite frankly I'm very happy that both she and Beck reached WTA SF for the first time right here in Katowice. Some higher ranked players were just awful or seemed not to care much about the results anymore when they were losing (Camerin tailed off completely after losing the furst set from 5-1 up yesterday but I'm not picking on her, she's just had this bratty aura around her all the time she played here ) and I think Beck and Cadantu seized their chance to the limit (Peer was the same) and now they're playing the top two seeds in the semis.

Moreover I've noticed that many fans were impressed by Cadantu's performance and fighting this week after overhearing few conversations in the hall. I probably watched her more this week than during her entire career since apart from the Sharapova RG shambles I don't recall any of her matches allthough I watched some but they are completely gone from my memory now. It's funny how you can embrace a player you didn't like much before or treated as random mug at best. For me Cadantu was rather invisible on tour but I can only have fond memories of her stay in Katowice now and will remember that for the future
TT: Winner - (Singles) Tashkent 2012; (Doubles) - (w/Broseghini) Cuneo 100k '10; (w/Peek-A-Boo) Contrexeville 50k '10; (w/JustPetko) Bucharest 75k '10, Nantes 50k '10, Marbella '11, Washington '11, Linz '11, Istanbul YEC '11, Opole 25K '11, Pattaya City '12, Tashkent '12, Pune 125k '12, Memphis '13, Carlsbad '13, Marrakech '14, Washington '14
Monzanator is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13th, 2013, 08:34 AM   #53
country flag markhingis

markhingis has much to be proud of markhingis has much to be proud of markhingis has much to be proud of markhingis has much to be proud of markhingis has much to be proud of markhingis has much to be proud of markhingis has much to be proud of markhingis has much to be proud of markhingis has much to be proud of markhingis has much to be proud of markhingis has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by honzaneumannn View Post
National pride? How is that possible? The Czech Republic is your sister country and we have no problems with Israelis at all. Our relations with them belong to the best in Europe. Where did such big tension between PL and ISR come from?
Well, if only I knew it... Heard that Jewish people blame Poland for holocaust, which is totally unfair but that might be the answer...

Aga Radwańska * MARTA DOMACHOWSKA * Ula Radwańska
Martina Hingis - U R always on my mind
markhingis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13th, 2013, 08:41 AM   #54
country flag Monzanator
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute Monzanator has a reputation beyond repute

Holocaust is one thing but there's also the March of 1968 crisis which resulted in several people from the Jewish community expelled from Poland. Moreover the Polish Jews (atheists) were connected strongly to the terror years immediately after the WWII and were occupying high government offices and the courts once Stalin was still alive. The whole situation is much more complicated then in Czech Republic and our relations with Jews since the war have been rocky at times to say the very least.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1968_Po...litical_crisis

But that's not the thread to discuss it even though most of the people here don't realize what's really behind the alleged Polish antisemitism.
TT: Winner - (Singles) Tashkent 2012; (Doubles) - (w/Broseghini) Cuneo 100k '10; (w/Peek-A-Boo) Contrexeville 50k '10; (w/JustPetko) Bucharest 75k '10, Nantes 50k '10, Marbella '11, Washington '11, Linz '11, Istanbul YEC '11, Opole 25K '11, Pattaya City '12, Tashkent '12, Pune 125k '12, Memphis '13, Carlsbad '13, Marrakech '14, Washington '14
Old Apr 13th, 2013, 08:46 AM   #55
country flag grs

grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monzanator View Post
Peer has received much support during her run in Katowice which was highlighted by the Pirnkova match which had the full audience watching and waiting for Radwanska I haven't noticed anyone getting jeered and whistled at and I think the Fed Cup shambles connection was non-existent. People just came to watch tennis and they usually support good points with some extra support for a losing player like was the case with Minella vs Kvitova.

But as for Cadantu, it's very obvious she's determined to do well and has shown probably the biggest fighting spirit out of all the players I saw this week. People here say she's annoying but her so-called antics are nothing compared to what Camerin was doing since Q1 for instance and this against much lower ranked players like the Latvian kid. Cadantu wasn't a favorite against Peer IMO and quite frankly I'm very happy that both she and Beck reached WTA SF for the first time right here in Katowice. Some higher ranked players were just awful or seemed not to care much about the results anymore when they were losing (Camerin tailed off completely after losing the furst set from 5-1 up yesterday but I'm not picking on her, she's just had this bratty aura around her all the time she played here ) and I think Beck and Cadantu seized their chance to the limit (Peer was the same) and now they're playing the top two seeds in the semis.

Moreover I've noticed that many fans were impressed by Cadantu's performance and fighting this week after overhearing few conversations in the hall. I probably watched her more this week than during her entire career since apart from the Sharapova RG shambles I don't recall any of her matches allthough I watched some but they are completely gone from my memory now. It's funny how you can embrace a player you didn't like much before or treated as random mug at best. For me Cadantu was rather invisible on tour but I can only have fond memories of her stay in Katowice now and will remember that for the future
Thank you for your very nice comment!

PS. Cadantu has already a WTA Final at Monterrey last year.
grs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13th, 2013, 08:54 AM   #56
country flag Monzanator
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Oh yeah, I couldn't remember who Babos beat there It only shows how much I followed Cadantu before
Old Apr 13th, 2013, 09:32 AM   #57
country flag Sisyphus

Sisyphus has a reputation beyond repute Sisyphus has a reputation beyond repute Sisyphus has a reputation beyond repute Sisyphus has a reputation beyond repute Sisyphus has a reputation beyond repute Sisyphus has a reputation beyond repute Sisyphus has a reputation beyond repute Sisyphus has a reputation beyond repute Sisyphus has a reputation beyond repute Sisyphus has a reputation beyond repute Sisyphus has a reputation beyond repute

I was there for the first set and didn't detect any anti-Peer behaviour... People may have been cheering for Cadantxu more because she was getting all fired up and shit.
Old Apr 13th, 2013, 11:57 AM   #58
country flag Dana1982

Dana1982 is a splendid one to behold Dana1982 is a splendid one to behold Dana1982 is a splendid one to behold Dana1982 is a splendid one to behold Dana1982 is a splendid one to behold Dana1982 is a splendid one to behold Dana1982 is a splendid one to behold Dana1982 is a splendid one to behold Dana1982 is a splendid one to behold Dana1982 is a splendid one to behold Dana1982 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by markhingis View Post
Well, if only I knew it... Heard that Jewish people blame Poland for holocaust, which is totally unfair but that might be the answer...
I don't know of any Israelis who blame Poland... I thought the original post regarding the polish people vs. Peer has referred to the Fed-Cup events and not the Holocaust. Israeli school-kids go to Poland every year to learn about the holocaust. I did it too and I don't "blame" Poland. Moreover, what do Polish people today have to do with what happened 70 years ago?

My grandmother was born in Poland, many people I know came from there and for all I know relations between Israel and Poland aren't bad (better then many other countries, for sure).

BTW, the crowd in Poland was very kind to Shahar all week and I didn't feel it was much different in the QF match. She got support in many of the points, and being the more agressive player seemed like the crowd appriciated her game.
Dana1982 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13th, 2013, 12:25 PM   #59
country flag LCS

LCS has a reputation beyond repute LCS has a reputation beyond repute LCS has a reputation beyond repute LCS has a reputation beyond repute LCS has a reputation beyond repute LCS has a reputation beyond repute LCS has a reputation beyond repute LCS has a reputation beyond repute LCS has a reputation beyond repute LCS has a reputation beyond repute LCS has a reputation beyond repute

taking out the trash.
W: (12) Australian Open (11) 50K Monzon, Toronto F: (12) Montreal (09) 25K Redding, Bali YEC (08) Memphis, Stanford, 100K Krakow SF: (13) Toronto (12) Estoril Open (09) Roland Garros, Stanford (08) Auckland, Rome, Eastbourne, New Haven
Doubles W: (11) Hobart (09) 25K Redding (08) Doha, Istanbul (07) Estoril Open F: (12) Pattaya, Roland Garros, Stanford (11) Guangzhou(08) Memphis, Wimbledon, New Haven (07) Bali SF: (11) Trnava (10) Stuttgart (08) Budapest (07)Birmingham, US Open QF: (12) Australian Open (11) Roland Garros
LCS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13th, 2013, 12:25 PM   #60
country flag Ollie.

Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute

It was a very good match, but Shahar lost her composure completely....disappointed for her.

First time I've seen Cadantu play....she isn't just a counterpuncher, she's also quite aggressive at times. However, that screaming was completely unnecessary.

Rybarikova _ Hradecka _ K.Bondarenko _ Flipkens _ Govortsova _ Krajicek _ Martic _ Lucic _ Cetkovska _ Rezai _ Peer _ Begu _ Dulgheru _ Arvidsson _ Larsson _ Hercog _ Mattek-Sands _ Scheepers _ Pliskovas _ Peng _ Minella _ Puchkova _ Voegele _ Laine
Ollie. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote