Sabine News & Articles - Page 43 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 1st, 2013, 01:53 PM   #631
country flag Ian Aberdon

Ian Aberdon has disabled reputation
Re: Sabine News & Articles

Quote:
Originally Posted by sghskhgkj View Post
Sabine's announced she'll be taking questions on the WTA Live All-Access Hour today, at some point from 18:00 UK/19:00 Europe. Will be streamed on YouTube.
Maybe I should ask her if she's got engaged...

(joking!!! )

Ich liebe dich nicht, du liebst mich nicht it's a braw moonlicht nicht the nicht
Ian Aberdon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 2nd, 2013, 09:54 AM   #632
country flag sghskhgkj

sghskhgkj is just really nice sghskhgkj is just really nice sghskhgkj is just really nice sghskhgkj is just really nice sghskhgkj is just really nice sghskhgkj is just really nice sghskhgkj is just really nice sghskhgkj is just really nice sghskhgkj is just really nice sghskhgkj is just really nice sghskhgkj is just really nice

This week, Sabine appears to be obsessed with cooking.

Quote:

Family Circle Cup Stars Find a Home Away from Home
By: Nicholas McCarvel

The stars of the WTA Tour travel the globe on a weekly basis, but it's not often that they come to a community like Charleston for the Family Circle Cup.

While the world's best tennis players speak highly of the Southern food and hospitality around the greater Charleston area, a few of them have grown greater bonds with local families by staying with them during the tournament. A year ago, South African Chanelle Scheepers even chose her Charleston connection to be the officiant at her wedding. This year, 2010 winner Sam Stosur, 2009 champion Sabine Lisicki (pictured above) and rising American star Varvara Lepchenko are all staying at local homes, away from hustle and bustle of the hotel life.

"I always try to stay at apartments or houses whenever I can," said Lisicki, the No. 15 seed. "I know people in Charleston. It's great to have the opportunity to be in a place that feels like home for a little bit." While Lisicki is staying on Daniel Island in a house near the tournament site, it's Stosur who is staying at a home in downtown Charleston.

"It's fantastic to be able to stay in a house and be able to cook your own breakfast and walk to all the restaurants in Charleston," said Stosur, the No. 3 seed here. "I really like that aspect of being able to do that this week. They're not even here this week and so they've given us their keys and obviously trust us quite well."

Stosur laughed at that last comment, as did Lisicki when asked about her cooking skills, which she said are improving. "I enjoy cooking a lot. That's one the things I miss the most when I'm on the road because you always have to go out to eat," Lisicki said. "When I'm able to cook, I just feel good. It's fun to cook and I can make anything I want... whatever comes to mind!" Monday the German said it was a simple lunch: grilled chicken and a Greek salad. "It's so much more relaxed," Lisicki added. "Usually you're stressed out going from here to there to practice. Here, you can have your usual routine at home which I really like."

Lisicki said for her the boost comes by being able to be around her own family, as well. "The most important part for me is to have my family around and feel comfortable," said the former champ.
sghskhgkj is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3rd, 2013, 08:51 PM   #633
country flag KatjaS

KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute

Press after the Tatishvili match:

Quote:
POST-MATCH PRESS CONFERENCE WITH:
SABINE LISICKI
Q. To start a tournament that
dominantly I guess that's got to be a
really good feeling to start a
tournament that dominant?
SABINE LISICKI: Especially you
don't have much time from hard court to
switch in hard court to clay court so, you
know, it's always great if you play so well
in the first round. Gives you lots of
confidence. I played well here so I enjoy
being here. Always play better
straightaway once I step on that center
court.
Q. Did you just walk onto the
court today and just kind of feel it and
know all right I have got it today?
SABINE LISICKI: I actually felt it
the last two, three days already. Felt
really good all on that court
and, you know, on the green clay I
really like playing there, slide into the balls
and it's not bad and obviously the crowd is
supper supportive which is great.
Q. Sabine do you feel you are
completely injury free, I know you have
had some injuries but how are you
feeling with your body?
SABINE LISICKI: I'm feeling good,
you know, it's nice to play on the clay
court and as I said, the quick turnaround is
not always easy but I love the green clay
so it makes me play well.
Q. I have a question just I don't
know if you have played Stosur on clay
before but can you talk for a second
about why Sam's game might be so
lethal on clay >she has had a lot of
success there.
SABINE LISICKI: Well, I have
never played her on clay so only on grass
hard courts, so I never experienced the
game on clay.
Q. What about that forehand, the
way that she hits the ball, is it different
than any other shot in tennis to you?
SABINE LISICKI: I mean, she
plays with more spin, she hits a kick serve,
you know, not a lot of women can hit. So,
you know, that's her style of play. So it's
people who are not used to it have trouble
returning it so, but, you know, once you
know the style you can adjust and play.
Thanks.
End of Interview...
KatjaS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4th, 2013, 08:22 PM   #634
country flag sghskhgkj

sghskhgkj is just really nice sghskhgkj is just really nice sghskhgkj is just really nice sghskhgkj is just really nice sghskhgkj is just really nice sghskhgkj is just really nice sghskhgkj is just really nice sghskhgkj is just really nice sghskhgkj is just really nice sghskhgkj is just really nice sghskhgkj is just really nice

I think someone's been reading this forum...

Quote:
The Lisicki Conundrum: Hard to solve
Sudeshna Banerjee

How many times have we seen an exceptionally talented player losing a match owing to unforced errors? Countless. But when that player wins one match as emphatically as giving away just 6 points on the opponent’s serve, and then goes on to succumb in her very next match to a much lower-ranked opponent, that too after enjoying a lead, you know something’s not right!

For Sabine Katharina Lisicki, it’s a sense of déjà vu. It’s like Groundhog Day and Sabine has been mindlessly repeating the same errors in the very same fashion. Caught in a maze, Sabine constantly struggles to find a way out and simply fails. Lisicki is one of those players whose winners are mesmerizing, and errors under pressure are, well, abysmal, to say the least. Needless to say, she is one of the most unpredictable players right now on the tour – unpredictable with her winners, unpredictable with her errors and of course, unpredictable with the outcomes of her matches. You never know when those outstanding winners will turn into an error, then another, and eventually a bombardment of errors. Before long, even before you have recovered from watching the ordeal, she is seen walking out of the court after yet another loss. It’s so tough rooting for the German.

In an age dominated by women with fragile serves, Lisicki comes as a breath of fresh air. Possessing one of the strongest serves amongst the current generation of women’s tennis, she is regarded by many as the best server after Serena Williams. Not only that, but she backs up her serve with a great forehand. She can hit from both flanks well – fast, flat, producing some awesome angles. With amazing athleticism and nimble hands, she can create some wonderful volleys, lobs, slices and dropshots as well.

When the 19-year old announced her presence on the WTA Tour by stunning Caroline Wozniacki in the final at Charleston in 2009, many greats saw a future top 10 player in her at once. That title run saw her conquering former champion Venus Williams and sixth seeded Marion Bartoli as well. Four years later, it was saddening to see that very player departing from Charleston after suffering her earliest exit at the tournament. And this came after she was leading with a break of serve in both the second and the third sets, and her opponent was Mallory Burdette, ranked 104th, which was not at all a tough proposition for the 41st ranked German. The worst bit about the loss? Sabine had just recorded the first double bagel of her career in the first round.

And this makes it all the more puzzling. The peaks and troughs of her career are so interspersed with each other. Just when it was believed that the player, who has had a career-best ranking of 12, was on the rebound after a tough loss in Miami which followed two final appearances this year, she continued to shock her fans. In the past one year, the Nick Bollettieri Tennis Academy protégé has lost 12 three-setter matches after winning the first set. She has lost a remarkable number of matches which she most definitely should have won. She has lost to opponents whom she had thrashed before. And sometimes, she herself is equally clueless after some of her losses. Recalling her defeat in Montreal, 2012, Lisicki said: “I couldn’t put one ball in. I think if my mother went on court she would play better! I never understood what happened.”

Perhaps that has been the cause of worry – that she remains helpless on court when put under pressure, especially when she needs to calmly finish a match. Her shot selection goes awry, the errors start to flow freely and she starts giving breathing space to her opponents. Much like how she inexplicably lost six games in a row in the deciding set, after leading 3-0 in the first round of the Australian Open 2013, to let Caroline Wozniacki record her first victory over her fellow Polish-origin player since 2008.

But then, Lisicki has recorded big wins after coming back from the jaws of defeat. Consider her fairytale 2011 Wimbledon performance after coming back from injury, when she became the second woman to reach the semi-finals as a wildcard. She saved match points to edge past the then French Open champion Li Na 8-6 in the third set. It’s not like Lisicki never knows how to find a way out of such dire situations. But is it that, part of her finding a way out depends heavily on her opponent? That she waits for her opponent to blink first and absolutely crumbles, which makes it easier for Sabine to take her chances? Or is it Sabine who runs out of patience too soon? It could be her trigger-happy self, that doesn’t know how to control aggression. Perhaps it is the worst that can be for players of any sport – she becomes complacent after taking a lead.

Perhaps it’s all in the mind for her. Perhaps she can learn a lot just by watching Serena Williams, who grows more composed as a match wears on. Not everybody can be a Serena. But Sabine can do far better with a little help. Maybe she should seriously work with a sports psychologist to get over that chink in her armour. At 23, Sabine has a promising future ahead of her. Affable, lively, and with an infectious smile – Lisicki has swooned many a fan. She is one the best players to have come out of Germany since the legendary Steffi Graf. It would just be such a pleasure to see the immense talent play well consistently and to her potential – just the way she should.
Well, apart from the bit about the serve.
Old Apr 8th, 2013, 07:14 PM   #635
country flag sghskhgkj

SabiStats 2013 as of April 8 -

Aces: #2, 110 aces in 16 matches; Service games won: #5, 74.9%; 1st serve points won: #5, 70.6%
Old Apr 8th, 2013, 11:14 PM   #636
country flag jimmy55313

jimmy55313 is a splendid one to behold jimmy55313 is a splendid one to behold jimmy55313 is a splendid one to behold jimmy55313 is a splendid one to behold jimmy55313 is a splendid one to behold jimmy55313 is a splendid one to behold jimmy55313 is a splendid one to behold jimmy55313 is a splendid one to behold jimmy55313 is a splendid one to behold jimmy55313 is a splendid one to behold jimmy55313 is a splendid one to behold

Looks like an easy one to begin with vs quallie Cadantu.. should be an easy ride until Gorges anyways. Lets hope smiles can get thru Gorges !
jimmy55313 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9th, 2013, 06:42 AM   #637
country flag CillyUltra

CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sghskhgkj View Post
SabiStats 2013 as of April 8 -

Aces: #2, 110 aces in 16 matches; Service games won: #5, 74.9%; 1st serve points won: #5, 70.6%
Second just to Serena.

http://www.wtatennis.com/SEWTATour-A...stats_2013.pdf
Old Apr 9th, 2013, 10:52 AM   #638
country flag Carinafan479

Carinafan479 is a glorious beacon of light Carinafan479 is a glorious beacon of light Carinafan479 is a glorious beacon of light Carinafan479 is a glorious beacon of light Carinafan479 is a glorious beacon of light Carinafan479 is a glorious beacon of light Carinafan479 is a glorious beacon of light Carinafan479 is a glorious beacon of light Carinafan479 is a glorious beacon of light Carinafan479 is a glorious beacon of light Carinafan479 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by CillyUltra View Post
w different number of matches, percental they're close (about 7 i.a.)
Carinafan479 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12th, 2013, 01:09 PM   #639
country flag lovethetennis

lovethetennis is a splendid one to behold lovethetennis is a splendid one to behold lovethetennis is a splendid one to behold lovethetennis is a splendid one to behold lovethetennis is a splendid one to behold lovethetennis is a splendid one to behold lovethetennis is a splendid one to behold lovethetennis is a splendid one to behold lovethetennis is a splendid one to behold lovethetennis is a splendid one to behold lovethetennis is a splendid one to behold

A Polish article with Sabine.

http://zzalinii.wordpress.com/2013/0...hce-tu-wrocic/
Old Apr 12th, 2013, 01:18 PM   #640
country flag Sabinator.

Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for this. Everything about her loss is explained, just translate yourself on english. Or I can do this

Magdalena Rybarikova * Su-Wei Hsieh * Jie Zheng * Jamie Hampton * Mathilde Johansson * Mona Barthel * Aleksandra Wozniak * Alison Riske
Andrea Petkovic * Jana Cepelova * Petra Cetkovska * Jovana Jaksic * Karolina Pliskova * Svetlana Kuznetsova * Yvonne Meusburger * Francesca Schiavone
Sabinator. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12th, 2013, 01:19 PM   #641

lovethetennis is a splendid one to behold lovethetennis is a splendid one to behold lovethetennis is a splendid one to behold lovethetennis is a splendid one to behold lovethetennis is a splendid one to behold lovethetennis is a splendid one to behold lovethetennis is a splendid one to behold lovethetennis is a splendid one to behold lovethetennis is a splendid one to behold lovethetennis is a splendid one to behold lovethetennis is a splendid one to behold

Old Apr 12th, 2013, 01:22 PM   #642

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabinator. View Post
Thanks for this. Everything about her loss is explained, just translate yourself on english. Or I can do this
Hey Sabinator! If you want to give a translation, I'm sure it would be more accurate than Google
Old Apr 12th, 2013, 01:28 PM   #643
country flag Beaumont

Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all

Sabinator, I just read that article through Google Translate.
The last line says "Do you think it would help if you threw a little weight?"

What does it actually say, because I'm pretty sure they never asked her that!
Beaumont is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12th, 2013, 02:00 PM   #644
country flag Sabinator.

Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethetennis View Post
Hey Sabinator! If you want to give a translation, I'm sure it would be more accurate than Google
Okay

Sabine Lisicki: „I like Katowice, I want to come back here”

On Wednesday midday on Spodek in Katowice, the fans of German with Polish roots, Sabine Lisicki, have a chance to see her in action. Unfortunately, a nice player ended her BNP Paribas Katowice Open campaign with a 57 26 loss to Romanian Alexandra Cadantu. After the match, Lisicki told that she lacked the power because of too less time to regenerate after coming from USA. It was all because of problems with arrivals to Europe.

Sabine, what's going on with your form and how is your cooperation with coach looking?

I'm working with my coach from Pattaya, where I reached the final. Later I reached the final too, in Memphis, I was in good form but I got sick. That prevented me to play Indian Wells and, somehow, got my good disposition down. I played poorly in Miami, it was a little better in Charleston, but there I needed to play a qualifier and these players are the toughest because they already are in match-play rhythm. That confirms also in Katowice, where I lost also to qualifier. A tiredness played also a role, cause I've waited so long for flight from USA. The flights were delayed and there was no option of leaving US till Saturday. I appeared in Poland lately on Sunday afternoon, I tried to regenerate somehow, but not quite made it.

Don't you have problems with adaptation to this surface? Wasn't it too slow to your style of play you're prefer?

The surface is okay. The problem was, I didn't have much time to prepare to it. Otherwise, I have moments in my match when I lacked the concentartion. The tiredness of changing a time-zone got bad on me too.

How much do you like Katowice and how you describe the polish audience?

It's really nice here and I can only regret, that this tournament ended for me so early. From the moment, when the tournament was accepted, i was really happy to finally coming to Poland. Despite, it was a pleasure to play in front of polsih fans and I hope comeing back here.

It's known that in German Fed Cup team Mona Barthel is showing. What, in your opinion, can she bring in to the team?

She's great player. She beat Ivanovic in Indian Wells. I think we have a good team, first of all, a four good playing singles players, what could be a big impediment for our rivals, which will don't know till the last moment whom will they be playing with.

In your match vs Cadantu, you were late often, you didn't reached many balls. Don't you think if you could loss a little weight, would it helped?

THIS would helped if I could came to Katowice a week earlier...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethetennis View Post
"Our" Sabine

"My parents took care of speaking Polish. I'm trying terribly. When I'm meeting the family in Wroclaw I'm very happy I can normally talk." - confides a German tennis player.

Only one match Sabine Lisicki played in Spodek. The 23-year old German, who in May 2011 was no. 12 in the world, has recently the worst time - she fall down to no. 47 and yesterday lost to Romanian qualifier Alexandra Cadantu. But, it's very lovely and engaging girl, speaking polish fluently, with the characteristic "r".

Magdalena Rybarikova * Su-Wei Hsieh * Jie Zheng * Jamie Hampton * Mathilde Johansson * Mona Barthel * Aleksandra Wozniak * Alison Riske
Andrea Petkovic * Jana Cepelova * Petra Cetkovska * Jovana Jaksic * Karolina Pliskova * Svetlana Kuznetsova * Yvonne Meusburger * Francesca Schiavone

Last edited by Sabinator. : Apr 12th, 2013 at 02:10 PM.
Sabinator. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 12th, 2013, 02:13 PM   #645
country flag KatjaS

KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabinator. View Post
In your match vs Cadantu, you were late often, you didn't reached many balls. Don't you think if you could loss a little weight, would it helped?
That's just rude and unprofessional. And also absolutely unwarranted, Sabine looks very fit this year.
KatjaS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote