Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6 - Page 129 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Apr 9th, 2013, 04:31 AM   #1921
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Stuttgart is next.....Can Caro speak reasonably well in German(can't recall if that's on her list of languages)?Am just guessing here but,with Denmark's proximity to Deutschland,I suppose that it's one of the most-offered foreign languages in the Danish school system

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

How many wins do you need to distinguish yourself as a WTA Rising Star--as opposed to a mediocre, Treading Water Star?
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 9th, 2013, 05:39 AM   #1922
country flag KleineBiere

KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute

a speech in german after the final victory
Old Apr 9th, 2013, 06:40 AM   #1923
country flag Fantasy Hero

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Stuttgart is next.....Can Caro speak reasonably well in German(can't recall if that's on her list of languages)?Am just guessing here but,with Denmark's proximity to Deutschland,I suppose that it's one of the most-offered foreign languages in the Danish school system
you can also add that Dane and German are languages based on the same roots...though they are pretty different it wouldn't be much of a challenge for her to know a few words

http://ski-and-tennis.blogspot.it
my own blog with reviews and articles, have a look if you're intrested
Fantasy Hero is online now View My Blog!  
Old Apr 9th, 2013, 07:45 AM   #1924
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
Here's the YEC race standings from #5 to 15. I think the YEC race top 4 (Vika, Serena, Sharapova, and Aga) are too consistent for Caro to chase down even in the event that she got her act together. There are only a couple of players outside of the top 15 that I think could have a shot at the YEC (Stosur and Venus notably).

5 NA LI CHN 2,130.00 7
6 SARA ERRANI ITA 1,830.00 9
7 CAROLINE WOZNIACKI DEN 1,667.00 9
8 SLOANE STEPHENS USA 1,367.00 8
9 ANGELIQUE KERBER GER 1,332.00 8
10 PETRA KVITOVA CZE 1,306.00 8
11 MARIA KIRILENKO RUS 1,281.00 7
12 JELENA JANKOVIC SRB 1,276.00 7
13 MONA BARTHEL GER 1,076.00 8
14 SVETLANA KUZNETSOVA RUS 946.00 7
15 ROBERTA VINCI ITA 941.00 8

Who do you think will do a lot better than Caro on clay and who do you think will do a lot better than Caro on grass?
I expect Li to do better on clay. Grasscourts is hard to say. She's made a few Wimbledon QF but overall she should have done (even) better on them. We will see. But I think she'll be a top four or five qualifier anyway for the YEC.

Errani - clay.

Sloane Stephens - Hard to say since there's not much of a history there yet. But she's in a bit of a slump currently, so perhaps Caro will be able to keep the status quo or even put a bit of distance between herself and Sloane the next few months. Even so, a surprise, either positive or negative is far from impossible when it comes to SS.

Kerber - Is having problems following up a sensational 2012 with something similar. She could be one of Caro's main rivals for a YEC spot. At her best she's probably a bit better on both surfaces (especially grass) than the current Caro. When both are at their best it's close although I'd still give a slight edge to Kerber (and a slight edge to Caro on hardcourt).

Kvitova - Well, you know. She can win anything but also lose in the first round of four or five events in a row. She's perhaps the most unpredictable player since Hana Mandlikova.

Kirilenko - About even with Caro I'd say. Caro probably a bit better. Kudos to her for improving so much the last couple of years, but I think she could get close, but ultimately won't make the YEC. But you never know. One or two great runs at a big event where she has a good draw and she's in with a shot.

Jankovic - All will depend on if she's really back to (or close) to her best or if her recent run of good results is just a last hurrah. If it's the first she's better on clay than Caro by a considerable margin. Caro is perhaps better on grass, but not by much.

Barthel - Not consistent enough to make the YEC in my opinion, at least not yet.

Kuznetsova - Same story as with Jankovic I suppose. At her best better than Caro on clay while Caro is a bit better on grass.

Vinci - I don't think she's a big contender for the YEC. With her game she could have a decent run at Wimbledon, but I don't think it will matter much in terms of the YEC.

Stosur - One of Caro's main rivals for a YEC spot. MUCH better than Caro on clay of course. Caro is better on grass though.
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 9th, 2013, 07:50 AM   #1925
country flag Fantasy Hero

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute

it's funny how Caro is better on grass than most of WTA contenders for YEC, but yet she's far from being a contender for the last 8 -let alone the title- at Wimbledon

http://ski-and-tennis.blogspot.it
my own blog with reviews and articles, have a look if you're intrested
Fantasy Hero is online now View My Blog!  
Old Apr 9th, 2013, 10:00 AM   #1926
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

When she was good, she could play on every surface. She won Eastbourne. On clay she won Brussels & was in the finals of Madrid & Stuttgart. SF Rome, QF FO.

There's a tremendous inconsistency now. Caro was very good in Miami LAST year, led Serena 64 51, lost 46 in the 3rd to Sharapova. Then Copenhagen final. Then.. didnt reach a QF for months.
After a terrible US hardcourt summer, she had 5 good tournaments in a row to end 2012. Then awful January 2013.
Now, she an excellent Dubai, IW, then awful Miami, Charleston.

So she still can play well.. but it seems only in short periods, then she mentally checks out again
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 9th, 2013, 02:19 PM   #1927
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

I think her main competition for the spot at YEC are Errani, Jankovic and perhaps Kvitova. The first two are very consistent(plus, JJ has very few points to defend) and Kvitova has her moments of brilliance (however it depnds also how many moments of terrible play she has,too).

Caro really needs to make the most of this clay & grass season.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 9th, 2013, 03:58 PM   #1928
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

How long is this Golf event that rory is playing in, hopefully not too long caro gotta get back too training, did she ever mention when she start training again for her upcoming events

A.Radwańska | Halep | Wozniacki | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | S. Crawford | Chirico | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková | Soylu
Trey is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 9th, 2013, 04:02 PM   #1929
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey View Post
How long is this Golf event that rory is playing in, hopefully not too long caro gotta get back too training, did she ever mention when she start training again for her upcoming events
Thursday-Sunday providing Rory makes the cut. The par 3 contest which Caro is Rory's caddie for is tomorrow.
ozza is online now View My Blog!  
Old Apr 9th, 2013, 04:02 PM   #1930
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey View Post
Four days like any other golf tournament. From Thursday to Sunday. Two days if he doesn't make the cut, but he probably will.
Old Apr 9th, 2013, 04:07 PM   #1931
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

O Don't watch golf lol that not as long as I thought it was going be, Hopefully she get too Monte Carlo & Train there alto too be work on & Improved

A.Radwańska | Halep | Wozniacki | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | S. Crawford | Chirico | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková | Soylu
Trey is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 9th, 2013, 04:35 PM   #1932
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Probably a reason Caro is less consistent is because she has a life outside tennis.
She and Rory spent most of the offseason together. It wasnt good for Caro's tennis in January. Rory was in Miami, it didnt help her.
Rory isnt the reason, Caro has to take her career very seriously. As others have said, it goes by very quickly. The window in golf is open a lot longer than tennis

Old Apr 9th, 2013, 05:03 PM   #1933
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
Probably a reason Caro is less consistent is because she has a life outside tennis.
She and Rory spent most of the offseason together. It wasnt good for Caro's tennis in January. Rory was in Miami, it didnt help her.
Rory isnt the reason, Caro has to take her career very seriously. As others have said, it goes by very quickly. The window in golf is open a lot longer than tennis
What I fail to understand is why it's so hard for her to combine the two - if it's that what's the problem, that is. I can understand it initially - first serious relationship, young girl in love, etc. It probably turned her world upside down, emotionally speaking. But they have been an item for almost two years now. Other players have boyfriends too. Even in the offseason, it's not as though they go to the northpole - there are tennis courts everywhere where she can practice.
Old Apr 9th, 2013, 05:48 PM   #1934
country flag goldenlox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
What I fail to understand is why it's so hard for her to combine the two - if it's that what's the problem, that is. I can understand it initially - first serious relationship, young girl in love, etc. It probably turned her world upside down, emotionally speaking. But they have been an item for almost two years now. Other players have boyfriends too. Even in the offseason, it's not as though they go to the northpole - there are tennis courts everywhere where she can practice.
Thats what she has to figure out. This is actually a good time for her to get away from tennis. The next mandatory and 2 majors are still several weeks off.

I'm all for Caroline taking some time to go have fun, and enjoy golf majors.
I think the 2 hardcourt majors, and those hardcourt seasons, she should try to focus and to be ready for them.
But now, she doesnt need intense clay training right after several tournaments, a break is good

Old Apr 9th, 2013, 06:20 PM   #1935
country flag Yksi

Yksi is a splendid one to behold Yksi is a splendid one to behold Yksi is a splendid one to behold Yksi is a splendid one to behold Yksi is a splendid one to behold Yksi is a splendid one to behold Yksi is a splendid one to behold Yksi is a splendid one to behold Yksi is a splendid one to behold Yksi is a splendid one to behold Yksi is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
I don't know about Caroline's German skills (or lack thereof).

German is the second foreign language taught in Danish schools (after English), but most people outside Southern Jutland don't reach a level where they can converse in German. In Southern Jutland, the part of Denmark that borders on Germany, it's much more common that people can converse to a certain degree in German. Caroline was not raised in this part of Denmark, however.
Yksi is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread