On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen - Page 322 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Apr 7th, 2013, 03:44 AM   #4816
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

Hey Bruce...where is Monterrey from where you live? Just curious cuz there's a Wta tournament there this week.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is online now View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 7th, 2013, 05:00 AM   #4817
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
Hey Bruce...where is Monterrey from where you live? Just curious cuz there's a Wta tournament there this week.
Well,Protoss,we have states...just like your adopted homeland,the U.S....but we only have 31 of them plus Mexico City which serves as a federal district,like D.C.(just with less worldwide political clout),though it's MUCH larger than Washington both in square miles and population.

My own state,Chihuahua,is the biggest in physical size,and I think that we're #1 in population,too....or at least very close to it.You'll find us on the southern border of the U.S.,spreading forth from below the Texas panhandle.People who are upper-middle-class and above often fly to Monterrey because carjacking is VERY common along the highway once you get past the exit to Torreon in the state of Coahuila(the state on our eastern border).People who don't fly will most always take an interstate bus(which is far less likely to get 'jacked),a trip that lasts around 12 hours as you head SE from Chihuahua towards the Gulf of Mexico.Monterrey is the capital of the state of Nuevo Leon,which is below the southernmost tip of Texas(one state removed from the Gulf).You can make it from Chihuahua City,our state capital,to Monterrey in a personal car in about 10 hours......but that's only recommended if you have a car filled with guys with firearms who know HOW and are willing to use them

Semi-retired tennis fan praying for a Culture of Accountability from the Pathetic Enabler, the WTA

Soccer=the RCC and Islam in terms of brainwashed,mindless fanatics who'll kill and maim for their stupid religion
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 8th, 2013, 04:03 PM   #4818
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

I'm tempted to reply to Caro's tweet about it being it fun to play caddy in the par 3 contest with a tweet of "Wouldn't it be fun to beat the players you're supposed to on the tennis court? ".
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Old Apr 8th, 2013, 04:59 PM   #4819
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I'm tempted to reply to Caro's tweet about it being it fun to play caddy in the par 3 contest with a tweet of "Wouldn't it be fun to beat the players you're supposed to on the tennis court? ".
It is every mans right to enter "tool of the year"... Just remember that every prize is beholden a legacy, and brings with it legions of expectant, demanding, and unreasonably anoying fans.
Old Apr 8th, 2013, 05:00 PM   #4820
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Argo?

Best film really?

Viewing experiences requested.
Old Apr 8th, 2013, 06:51 PM   #4821
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Fair enough,but you shouldn't overlook someone who brings her bf--an UNEMPLOYED one,at that(unless you count being Nole's BACK-up hitting partner--whenever the main one is sick--as a 'full-time job')--right to the tourney with her.If there were any doubts about same/separate hotel rooms,she ended that suspense by getting BADLY winded in the 2nd set...indicative of too much doggy-style,for the slut-in-question,the evening prior to her match

Semi-retired tennis fan praying for a Culture of Accountability from the Pathetic Enabler, the WTA

Soccer=the RCC and Islam in terms of brainwashed,mindless fanatics who'll kill and maim for their stupid religion
Old Apr 8th, 2013, 08:32 PM   #4822
country flag Protoss

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Fair enough,but you shouldn't overlook someone who brings her bf--an UNEMPLOYED one,at that(unless you count being Nole's BACK-up hitting partner--whenever the main one is sick--as a 'full-time job')--right to the tourney with her.If there were any doubts about same/separate hotel rooms,she ended that suspense by getting BADLY winded in the 2nd set...indicative of too much doggy-style,for the slut-in-question,the evening prior to her match
I wouldn't call myself an Ana fan but I don't particularly dislike her either.

I believe Ana has hired her boyfriend as her hitting partner.
Old Apr 8th, 2013, 08:34 PM   #4823
country flag Protoss

I was thinking the other day that we might as well roll a dice to predict Caro's results these days.
Old Apr 8th, 2013, 08:38 PM   #4824
country flag Protoss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burisleif View Post
Argo?

Best film really?

Viewing experiences requested.
It's a very good movie.

What did you prefer to win the Oscar (or equivalent) for best picture?
Old Apr 8th, 2013, 08:47 PM   #4825
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
I believe Ana has hired her boyfriend as her hitting partner.
That's just the typical line of B.S. she feeds the public so that only 75% of tennis fans will laugh at what a joke she is...and not 100%.She's about as physically fit as one of the guys on the Senior PGA Tour;her stamina is woeful even she's NOT getting banged the night before the match.If you wanna know the truth,that's her DRILLING partner

Old Apr 8th, 2013, 09:46 PM   #4826
country flag Burisleif

Quote:
I was thinking the other day that we might as well roll a dice to predict Caro's results these days.
Exciting times
Old Apr 8th, 2013, 09:52 PM   #4827
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burisleif View Post
Exciting times
Is 'Argo' basically a remake of 'Jason & the Argonauts'?

Old Apr 8th, 2013, 10:13 PM   #4828
country flag Protoss

Should this forum have a poster introduction thread for posters to introduce/tell a little bit about themselves? I was wondering about it earlier today. Some other forums have one.
Old Apr 8th, 2013, 10:22 PM   #4829
country flag Burisleif

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Is 'Argo' basically a remake of 'Jason & the Argonauts'?
Argo does refer to Jason's boat (aka the boat that sailed into impossible odds)... However, it's a semi historical telling of a plot to evacuate six employees of the American Embassy in Iran that escaped to the Canadian Ambassadors residence at the time of the embassy siege in the 1970's

At the time the evacuation was announced as a Canadian initiative, but after declassification it was revealed in a memoirs that in fact a CIA operative hatched a plan to pass off the six escapees as part of a Hollywood production team wanting to scout Tehran as a location to make a Sci-Fi film called Argo, and as such walk them through interrogation at the airport, right under the noses of the Iranian Secret Service and fly them home.

It's a good film, but not perhaps the best of the year...
Old Apr 8th, 2013, 10:24 PM   #4830
country flag Burisleif

Quote:
Should this forum have a poster introduction thread for posters to introduce/tell a little bit about themselves? I was wondering about it earlier today. Some other forums have one.
We do have one already...

HERE
Closed Thread