INDIAN WELLS 2013- Perfect finish: Maria wins her 2nd IW TITLE :D - Page 107 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 20th, 2013, 09:50 AM   #1591
country flag AnnieIWillKnow

AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute
Re: INDIAN WELLS 2013- Perfect finish: Maria wins her 2nd IW TITLE :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaManiac View Post
I feel you!

I'm expecting a double EVERY time she has to play a second serve.
It's when she catches the toss of a second serve that I worry...
Advertisement

Old Mar 20th, 2013, 09:56 AM   #1592
country flag MariaManiac

MariaManiac is a glorious beacon of light MariaManiac is a glorious beacon of light MariaManiac is a glorious beacon of light MariaManiac is a glorious beacon of light MariaManiac is a glorious beacon of light MariaManiac is a glorious beacon of light MariaManiac is a glorious beacon of light MariaManiac is a glorious beacon of light MariaManiac is a glorious beacon of light MariaManiac is a glorious beacon of light MariaManiac is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieIWillKnow View Post
It's when she catches the toss of a second serve that I worry...
Totally!

Then im thinking she lost her rhythm and it's gonna be down hill from there, but she seems so comfortable with the second serve now, maybe the anxiety will wear off eventually
MariaManiac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20th, 2013, 02:23 PM   #1593
country flag doomsday

doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaManiac View Post
Totally!

Then im thinking she lost her rhythm and it's gonna be down hill from there, but she seems so comfortable with the second serve now, maybe the anxiety will wear off eventually
She feels comfortable about her serve at the moment, Kirilenko and Woz couldn't break her at all and she had plenty of love games.
When Maria feels her serve, even her second one can be amazing, a lil bit like last year during Stuttgart but its good to see that even on outdoor conditions her serve hold up pretty damn well.
Shoulder must feel great there is no doubt about it, hopefully she will keep up.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
doomsday is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20th, 2013, 05:30 PM   #1594
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomsday View Post
She feels comfortable about her serve at the moment, Kirilenko and Woz couldn't break her at all and she had plenty of love games.
When Maria feels her serve, even her second one can be amazing, a lil bit like last year during Stuttgart but its good to see that even on outdoor conditions her serve hold up pretty damn well.
Shoulder must feel great there is no doubt about it, hopefully she will keep up.
Wen she's on she's got one of the better second serves on the tour really. There's not that huge a difference between her first and second delivery. Almost like two first serves.
Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20th, 2013, 10:56 PM   #1595
country flag madmax

madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Wen she's on she's got one of the better second serves on the tour really. There's not that huge a difference between her first and second delivery. Almost like two first serves.
yup...and I noticed her getting better and better at this "two first serves" tactic, which she was employing for quite some time now. I feel like this high risk/high reward tactic will determine her career from now on - if she manages to control her serve for prolonged periods of time, plenty of slams on all surfaces will follow too. Because Maria NEEDS to be confident on serve for her game to flourish in all it's blazing glory. Serve is the well from which she's seeping her powers afterall
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp!ffy View Post
Sharapova is so popular her owns fans have haters.
madmax is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20th, 2013, 11:00 PM   #1596
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, that's why I never really use her first serve % as an indicator of how she's serving, so long as that second serve lands in it makes little difference.
Old Mar 21st, 2013, 01:29 PM   #1597
country flag domon17th

domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future

Now I get reminded of her glorious serving period from USO 06 all the way during those fall tournaments that year. There was even a GM topic that says Maria has the best serve on tour currently then. Oh my how things have changed. But certainly very promising signs from this tournament and actually the whole 2013 already!
domon17th is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1st, 2013, 12:49 AM   #1598
country flag BadgerM

BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold

Wasn't here for IW so congrats, Maria! A PM HC title after 18 months and in such style. The play in the final
BadgerM is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8th, 2013, 10:39 AM   #1599
country flag MashaFan01

MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of MashaFan01 has much to be proud of

I dunno if anyone has posted this before:

Masha has now won at least one WTA title for 11 consecutive seasons. She is one of six players with at least that many:
Navratilova: 21 straight years (1974-1994)
Evert: 18 straight years (1971-1988)
Graf: 14 straight years (1986-1999)
Wade: 11 straight years (1968-1978)
Goolagong: 11 straight years (1970-1980)
Sharapova: 11 straight years (2003-2013)

Masha is the seventh Indian Wells champion not to lose a set en route to the title and the first who's done it twice:
1991: Navratilova
1992: Seles
1994: Graf
1998: Hingis
2004: Henin
2006: Sharapova
2009: Zvonareva
2013: Sharapova

Besides Masha (2006 and 2013) only 7 women have won the IW title twice since 1989
Kim Clijsters (2003 and 2005)
Daniela Hantuchova (2002 and 2007)
Serena Williams (1999 and 2001)
Lindsay Davenport (1997 and 2000)
Steffi Graf (1994 and 1996)
Mary Joe Fernandez (1993 and 1995)
Martina Navratilova (1990 and 1991)
MashaFan01 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8th, 2013, 10:44 AM   #1600
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

Knew the first, didn't know the other two. Thanks
Old Apr 8th, 2013, 12:50 PM   #1601
country flag AnnieIWillKnow

AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute

Virginia Wade never gets as much credit as she should.