Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6 - Page 121 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Apr 6th, 2013, 11:03 PM   #1801
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey View Post
O No I don't put the blame on him at all I just think he has help her as much as he could & he done a very great job but I think it time for another voice too show her what going wrong or what show can too to improve or help her in the long run but all in all Piotr done good with her I just love too see her take it too the next level kinda like Aggie has done
Yeah, I can see the logic in that if Caroline accepts it because the most important thing in a coach/player relationship is trust.

Caroline Wozniacki

Maria Sharapova, Li Na, Agnieszka Radwanska, Sorana Cirstea

Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 6th, 2013, 11:15 PM   #1802
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleineBiere View Post
0-26 vs top 5 (0-7 after French Open) Kerber has to defend a lot of points. Rome, French Open...and 1400 on grass
A perfect illustration. Errani has 5-6 players that are very bad for her, but she cannot face them before the quarter finals of events. This combined with her consistency at beating who she is supposed to beat allows her to rack up a lot of points even with her slow start to the year.

Kerber is the prime candidate for losing points in that top 8. Her form has been patchy all year, at this point it looks unlikely she will defend the mountains of points she collected last year. Errani has a ton of points to defend on the clay, but she will probably be very consistent throughout the clay season, and suffer few upsets. Kvitova also has a reasonable amount of points to defend, but it's hard to judge how she will perform .
ozza is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 6th, 2013, 11:34 PM   #1803
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey View Post
O No I don't put the blame on him at all I just think he has help her as much as he could & he done a very great job but I think it time for another voice too show her what going wrong or what show can too to improve or help her in the long run but all in all Piotr done good with her I just love too see her take it too the next level kinda like Aggie has done
Piotr started coaching Caro because they couldn't afford a full time coach, so he would emulate the work the coach was doing with her. As such he takes on new advice and carries that into her training. Nothing has changed there and he still takes on new advice and methods working with the APDP and or talking to other coaches.

Calling in a new coach is a huge step, and above all you need to find one that you can work with on a human level, more than a technical level, and one that understands and believes in her game. It's a very short list of suitable candidates, even before you know if the chemistry is there for a full time relationship.
Old Apr 7th, 2013, 12:28 AM   #1804
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
Yes getting to the top 8 is a big deal. Each seed bracket obviously brings big advantages. You get easier draws, your draw becomes more likely to open up etc. You see this with say Errani who is very good at beating who she is supposed to beat, and can't face any of the top players (who she has a very bad record against) until the latter stages, so she makes QF after QF even off her preferred surface.
Top 8 is not a big deal if Caroline keeps losing to Pervak, Muguruza, Voegele.
Whats a big deal is doing what players like Radwanska do, get thru the noncontenders.
She has to be able to do that. Beating players like Maria & Serena is very difficult, but sometimes you dont have to play either, like Vika at the AO. Like Radwanska's half at Wimbledon.
But you have to get past players who you know are not winning the tournament, especially on your best surfaces.
Caroline hasnt gotten to a contender in 6 of 9 tournaments.
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 7th, 2013, 01:43 AM   #1805
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

The frustrating part is that Caro ended 2012 with 3 finals and losses to Aga & Kerber.
5 tournaments in a row where she got thru the draw.
Then this year starts and she isnt ready.
On good surfaces for Caro. Now it gets tougher, and she has to get tougher

Old Apr 7th, 2013, 05:57 AM   #1806
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Once more,can only guess at Caro's mindset but have considered the possibility that she doesn't see herself capable of doing better than the #8 to #15 range.Given recent results,why SHOULD she expect any more than that sort of ranking?

Semi-retired tennis fan praying for a Culture of Accountability from the Pathetic Enabler, the WTA

Shouldn't self-professed devil worshippers be forced to work every day during Holy Week?
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 7th, 2013, 11:29 AM   #1807
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
The frustrating part is that Caro ended 2012 with 3 finals and losses to Aga & Kerber.
5 tournaments in a row where she got thru the draw.
Then this year starts and she isnt ready.
On good surfaces for Caro. Now it gets tougher, and she has to get tougher
While you are right. Ending the year with a 6-2, 6-1 loss to Petrova was kind of a red warning light that Caro was not back. There is a link between the lower ranked players that are beating/troubling Caro anyway. With the exception of Pervak they are all offensive players, and even Pervak was the offensive player in that match vs Caro. And it's quite obvious why she is struggling with these players now, because she just can't defend as effectively anymore. Too many errors, too many short balls are all leading to her downfall vs these players. She is doing ok when she comes up against the defensive players who tend to lack any real weapons, and Caro can attack vs them.

This just further illustrates though that if Caro is going to get back she's going to have to sort out her consistency from the back of the court, she's never going to be able to consistently go on the attack vs a lot of players, especially at the top end of the game (eg. Sharapova, Kvitova).

Last edited by ozza : Apr 7th, 2013 at 01:37 PM.
Old Apr 7th, 2013, 01:34 PM   #1808
country flag Trey

Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future

Quote:
While you are right. Ending the year with a 6-2, 6-1 loss to Petrova was kind of a red warning light that Caro is not back. There is a link between the lower ranked players that are beating/troubling Caro anyway. With the exception of Pervak they are all offensive players, and even Pervak was the offensive player in that match vs Caro. And it's quite obvious why she is struggling with these players now, because she just can't defend as effectively anymore. Too many errors, too many short balls are all leading to her downfall vs these players. She is doing ok when she comes up against the defensive players who tend to lack any real weapons, and Caro can attack vs them.

This just further illustrates though that if Caro is going to get back she's going to have to sort out her consistency from the back of the court, she's never going to be able to consistently go on the attack vs a lot of players, especially at the top end of the game (eg. Sharapova, Kvitova).
Yeah that something that does need too comeback is her Consistently she hit more error now than her opponent, I agree with u with her not being able too attack or blow every player off the court especially big name, but I will say her serve can get better I think it needs too be more flatten out, Caroline need too look at a player like Andy Murray on the men side and how he has improve over the year & also deal with the bigger hitter
Trey is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 7th, 2013, 01:44 PM   #1809
country flag goldenlox

Consistency is definately #1 priority. Thats mental toughness. Caro did it at IW & Dubai, and at IW, she got a break when Vika withdrew and made the final.
Those breaks happen for players who get thru the draws.
Its not about strategic or technique changes. She played well enough to be up 3-1 in the 3rd vs Voegele. On her serve she was one point from 4-2.
She has to fight for these matches. She knows how to beat Voegele. Jankovic won the last 6 games in her semi.

Its the inconsistency and mentally weak play. I figured part of that was burnout, part maybe dating Rory. But now its past that. She should be playing every big tournament like Dubai & IW, and when the draw opens, like Charleston, she has to be the player taking advantage of it.
She isnt out of the YEC because Vika & Serena are beating her nonstop. Thats Radwanska's problem & Sharapova's problem.
Caro's problem is Pervak, Muguruza, Voegele, its a problem in Caro's head.

Old Apr 7th, 2013, 03:06 PM   #1810
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

IMO,slow red clay isn't as much of an 'equalizer' as grass is;there's a surprising number of cases where very marginal players have beaten even elite players on grass.However,there ARE lots of players who sort of specialize on red clay,so we see upsets there,too,when there's a wide disparity in ranking.In light of recent results like the Voegele match,Caro shouldn't be too overconfident with hardly anyone this slower clay season

Semi-retired tennis fan praying for a Culture of Accountability from the Pathetic Enabler, the WTA

Shouldn't self-professed devil worshippers be forced to work every day during Holy Week?
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 7th, 2013, 03:27 PM   #1811
country flag Trey

Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future

well Porsche Tennis Grand Prix, Mutua Madrid Open,Internazionali BNL d'Italia is all next for her I really hoping she can atleast make an QF or SF at some these three events, I know it crazy me say that because of her mix result this year, but I hoping she can do
Old Apr 7th, 2013, 03:37 PM   #1812
country flag Fantasy Hero

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute

I still see a close relation between her drop in the consistency and the change of racket

http://ski-and-tennis.blogspot.it
my own blog with reviews and articles, have a look if you're intrested
Fantasy Hero is online now View My Blog!  
Old Apr 7th, 2013, 03:46 PM   #1813
country flag ozza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitten Kitten View Post
I still see a close relation between her drop in the consistency and the change of racket
Well then sort it out. She's had the racket over 2 years, any problems should have been sorted out a long time ago. She is either happy with the racket or she isn't, the fact she keeps changing tensions would suggest she isn't, but then do something about it. You either demand a racket to suit your needs, or you buy out of your contract. You don't go on accepting mediocrity because of it.

I personally think this goes deeper than the racket though.
Old Apr 7th, 2013, 03:51 PM   #1814
country flag Fantasy Hero

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well then sort it out. She's had the racket over 2 years, any problems should have been sorted out a long time ago. She is either happy with the racket or she isn't, the fact she keeps changing tensions would suggest she isn't, but then do something about it. You either demand a racket to suit your needs, or you buy out of your contract. You don't go on accepting mediocrity because of it.

I personally think this goes deeper than the racket though.
I am not a tennis player, but I am a skier and I saw on my sking what it meant to go for a brand which didn't suit my style...I've spent a whole year struggling to do anything I used to do with my older brand, but usually you don't put the blame on the skis, either to yourself or your flaws or whatever...questioning your skis is like questioning your feet...I've dropped around 500 places in the world ranking...the year after I switched to another brand and reached my career highest ranking 300 places ahead of my former best ranking.
I think something like that can be happening here

http://ski-and-tennis.blogspot.it
my own blog with reviews and articles, have a look if you're intrested
Fantasy Hero is online now View My Blog!  
Old Apr 7th, 2013, 04:01 PM   #1815
country flag Trey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitten Kitten View Post
I am not a tennis player, but I am a skier and I saw on my sking what it meant to go for a brand which didn't suit my style...I've spent a whole year struggling to do anything I used to do with my older brand, but usually you don't put the blame on the skis, either to yourself or your flaws or whatever...questioning your skis is like questioning your feet...I've dropped around 500 places in the world ranking...the year after I switched to another brand and reached my career highest ranking 300 places ahead of my former best ranking.
I think something like that can be happening here
babolat racquet did give Caroline more power that was a dumb choice when she did that change alot commentators have said that as well she should stay with babolat racquet or should change her racquet again but like ozza has said that not the only problem neither.
Closed Thread