» Mona Barthel's Videos « - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 3rd, 2013, 10:40 AM   #46
country flag Schnffy

Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of
Re: » Mona Barthel's Videos «

Advertisement

Old Apr 6th, 2013, 11:13 AM   #47
country flag King Halep
♥ Si Si Simona Si Si Si

King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute

Mona makes Pegula look a million..i mean a billion dollars

The meltdown was not as messy as i had been led to believe but still Hannelore is a star. Mona is hella cute when she is upset. So Serious and Aggressive

King Halep is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2013, 11:21 AM   #48
Tezuka.

Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute Tezuka. has a reputation beyond repute

She needs a hug.
Forever Chakvetadze
Tezuka. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7th, 2013, 01:41 PM   #49
country flag Tecumseh

Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future

Mona vs Sam Stosur at Indian Wells (thanks to fantic7):

I think you can see that in this match Mona's form started getting worse.
Tecumseh is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8th, 2013, 03:34 PM   #50
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute

Some pretty poor shots in that match with Sam, I agree Tecumseh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melange View Post
Mona makes Pegula look a million..i mean a billion dollars

The meltdown was not as messy as i had been led to believe but still Hannelore is a star. Mona is hella cute when she is upset. So Serious and Aggressive

Yes she is . So I finally get to see the changeover people were talking about.

In conjunction with Tecumseh's translation I can get a feel for the conversation. I wonder if it's too much to ask someone to post the conversation typed in the original German for me to see?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecumseh View Post
Here is a translation of the conversation between Mona (M) and Hannelore (H) after the first set against Pegula:

H: Make sure that you always get into a good position and use your knees!

M: That’s what I am trying to do all the time. It is about my head!

H: Do always strike with your favorite speed only. That’s the most important thing, that you strike with your favorite speed. Don’t hesitate! The problems always arise when you are hesitating. Just act according to your instinct!

M: It (the instinct) has gone, it has gone, it has all gone. How is it possible to always play that badly? How can you lose your whole game and play only shit? I nearly can’t get a ball into the court.

H: She really plays fairly surprisingly (unpredictable).

M: What is so surprising about it (her game)? It is just normal what she is playing. But if I am not able to keep the ball in play it is going to become difficult. I am pushing every ball with only 4 kmh onto the service line and am returning her serve into the middle of the court.

H: Play with your favorite speed! The tactic that you have chosen is exactly right.

M: Yes, exactly right! Nothing is right!

H: Hm, okay!? Then strike the balls sometimes higher and sometimes flatter. Everything is alright!

M: It doesn’t work! I don’t know what to do!

H: You have to do what you have done before but make sure that you get into a good position and then strike the balls like you want to.
The underlying emotion of the conversation seems to be "you just don't get it, why don't you get it?" While there are some nice ideas in what her mother says (I like the concept of "hitting with your favourite speed" in order, I presume, to increase consistency) Mona feels like her mother doesn't understand what she is going through on the court. It's actually a very typical parent/child argument to be honest, except it normally isn't broadcast on tv.

By the way, at 4-1 Michael Joyce (Pegula's coach) didn't say that Mona wasn't trying, he said she would be "hit and miss, act like she's not trying".

I haven't watched all of it but it seems that, aside from her own problems, Pegula's forehand and serve were creating issues for Mona. Especially Pegula's forehand return off Mona's second serve. She made Mona pay for that second serve which lands in the middle of the box a few times.

At the end of the match the commentator says "Barthel has lost this match", which is appropriate I guess.

Mona went into a mode where she was trying to take frustration out on the ball. The thing about tennis is that you can't try to hit a ball in a way that feels satisfying. Maybe you can't take your frustration out on a couple of points that don't matter, but then you have to start playing serious tennis again. It's not that she wasn't trying to win anymore (well, apart from the last few points), but she wanted to hit balls that made her feel better, like when you slam a door in frustration or punch a wall. Her accuracy was affected by being tinged with emotion.

Looking at the game at 5-3 in the first set, she was up 30-0, it really looked like she would take that set.

Last edited by HowardH : Apr 8th, 2013 at 05:11 PM.
HowardH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9th, 2013, 10:07 AM   #51
country flag Tecumseh

Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future Tecumseh has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowardH View Post
Some pretty poor shots in that match with Sam, I agree Tecumseh.

Yes she is . So I finally get to see the changeover people were talking about.

In conjunction with Tecumseh's translation I can get a feel for the conversation. I wonder if it's too much to ask someone to post the conversation typed in the original German for me to see?
No, it is not too much. You will find the (nearly) original german conversation respectively below the english translation and printed in cursive characters. I have additionally added some parts of the conversation that I missed during the last translation. These parts are printed in bold.

H: Make sure that you always get into a good position and use your knees!

Achte darauf, dass du immer gut zum Ball stehst und dass du deine Knie benutzt!

M: That’s what I am trying to do all the time, that’s what I am trying to do all the time. It is about my head!

Ich versuche nicht anderes, ich versuche nichts anderes, es liegt an meinem Kopf.

H: Do always strike with your favorite speed only! That’s very important, the most important thing is that you strike with your favorite speed. Don’t hesitate! The problems always arise when you are hesitating. Just act according to your instinct!

Und du schlägst mit deiner Lieblingsgeschwindigkeit zu! Das ist ganz wichtig, das Allerwichtigste ist, dass du einfach mit deiner Lieblingsgeschwindigkeit zuschlägst. Nicht zögern! Probleme ergeben sich doch immer nur, wenn du zögerst. Tue einfach das, was dein Instinkt dir sagt.

M: It (the instinct) has gone, it has gone, it has all gone. How is it possible to always play that badly? How can you lose your whole game and play only shit? I nearly can’t get a ball into the court.

Der ist weg, der ist weg, der ist ganz weg. Wie kann man überhaupt so schlecht immer spielen? Wie kann man sein ganzes Spiel verlieren und nur scheiße spielen? Es ist ja nicht mal annähernd, dass ich irgendeinen Ball ins Feld spielen kann.

H: She really plays fairly surprisingly (unpredictable). With regard to her you have to take care…

Sie spielt ja auch recht überraschend. Nun muss man bei ihr aufpassen…

M: What is so surprising about it (her game)? Nothing! It is just normal what she is playing. But if I am not able to keep the ball in play it is going to become difficult. I am pushing every ball with only 4 kmh onto the service line and am returning her serve into the middle of the court.

Was ist daran überraschend? Nichts! Das ist normal, was sie spielt. Ich meine aber, wenn man keinen Ball ins Feld spielen kann, dann wird es schwierig. Ich meine, ich ömmel ihr jeden Ball auf die T-Linie mit 4 kmh und spiele ihren Aufschlag in die Mitte des Feldes zurück.

H: Play with your favorite speed! And then they (your shots) won’t go out of play. The tactic that you have chosen is exactly right.

Spiel mit deiner Lieblingsgeschwindigkeit! Und dann gehen sie auch nicht ins Aus. Die Taktik, die du gewählt hast, die ist genau richtig.

M: Exactly right! It is surely not right!

Genau richtig! Das ist sicher nicht richtig!

H: You merely have to play with your favorite speed. Hm, okay!? Then (strike the balls) sometimes higher and sometimes flatter. Everything is alright!

Bloß du musst eben die Bälle mit deiner Lieblingsgeschwindigkeit spielen. Hm, okay!? Und dann mal höher, mal flacher, das ist alles genau richtig.

M: It doesn’t work! I don’t know what to do!

Es funktioniert nicht! Ich weiß nicht, was ich tun soll!

H: You have to do what you have done before but make sure that you get into a good position and then strike the balls like you want to, like your inner self wants to.

Genau das, was du bis jetzt getan hast. Du konzentrierst dich aufs Ranlaufen und dann schlägst du aber zu, wie du möchtest, wie dein Inneres will.
Tecumseh is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9th, 2013, 04:38 PM   #52
kiriosh.

kiriosh. has a brilliant future kiriosh. has a brilliant future kiriosh. has a brilliant future kiriosh. has a brilliant future kiriosh. has a brilliant future kiriosh. has a brilliant future kiriosh. has a brilliant future kiriosh. has a brilliant future kiriosh. has a brilliant future kiriosh. has a brilliant future kiriosh. has a brilliant future

It is really sad, she knows nothing about tennis. Mona is coach for herself.
Old Apr 15th, 2013, 02:08 PM   #53
country flag Schnffy

Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of

Photo shooting for a charity campaign for children from Nepal. The DTB and the FC team took over a godparenthood for a 2 year old girl.

http://www.ran.de/de/videos/tennis/a...n-2249790.html

Last edited by Schnffy : Apr 15th, 2013 at 02:14 PM.
Schnffy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19th, 2013, 12:47 PM   #54
country flag Schnffy

Mona and the German team in good mood before the fed cup tie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yLPEqDDUbs
Old Apr 21st, 2013, 09:05 AM   #55
country flag Laechler

Laechler has much to be proud of Laechler has much to be proud of Laechler has much to be proud of Laechler has much to be proud of Laechler has much to be proud of Laechler has much to be proud of Laechler has much to be proud of Laechler has much to be proud of Laechler has much to be proud of Laechler has much to be proud of Laechler has much to be proud of

Check out my other videos of Porsche Tennis Grand Prix 2013: www.youtube.com/laechlervic
Laechler is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22nd, 2013, 06:58 PM   #56
country flag KatjaS

KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute

WTA All Access Hour

Starts at about 4:30.
KatjaS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22nd, 2013, 07:27 PM   #57
country flag Schnffy

mona's jeans never saw her so stylish
Old Apr 22nd, 2013, 08:07 PM   #58
country flag tennisfreak13

tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of tennisfreak13 has much to be proud of

Fashion Queen Mona
tennisfreak13 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25th, 2013, 08:56 AM   #59
country flag Laechler

Laechler has much to be proud of Laechler has much to be proud of Laechler has much to be proud of Laechler has much to be proud of Laechler has much to be proud of Laechler has much to be proud of Laechler has much to be proud of Laechler has much to be proud of Laechler has much to be proud of Laechler has much to be proud of Laechler has much to be proud of

Check out my other videos of Porsche Tennis Grand Prix 2013: www.youtube.com/laechlervic
Laechler is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 25th, 2013, 11:52 PM   #60
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute

Laechler, your vids are great, really give a feel of what it's like to be there live.

Full match vs Lucie Safarova. Much thanks to the uploader.

HowardH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote