North Korea ready for Sacred War - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 7th, 2013, 12:17 PM   #31
country flag Punky

Punky has a reputation beyond repute Punky has a reputation beyond repute Punky has a reputation beyond repute Punky has a reputation beyond repute Punky has a reputation beyond repute Punky has a reputation beyond repute Punky has a reputation beyond repute Punky has a reputation beyond repute Punky has a reputation beyond repute Punky has a reputation beyond repute Punky has a reputation beyond repute
Re: North Korea ready for Sacred War

I know a lot of ppl wanna see action or the "fat kid" get kicked but there's ppl behind every country, ppl who done nothing to others who just wanna work, eat, live and raise their children

There are no winners in war, everyone lose its so sad u really don't wana think about a possibility of war I'm east Asia or anywhere

I do believe it's a bluf but I have no doubt they are in a crisis ;(

Hug it out as long as it takes, people
Punky is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 7th, 2013, 12:40 PM   #32
country flag kwilliams

kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The 2 Koreas: How Do Korean-Americans Feel About The Current Situation?

^ I'm not trying to sound snotty but I know so, rather than think so. I lived there for three and a half years.

In that time the border was sealed after a South Korean tourist was shot in the back - South Koreans used to be able to visit certain scenic, underpopulated parts of NK as part of organised tour groups. She apparently strayed too far from the zone they were supposed to stay in. The N Koreans said she was heading further away from that zone but the autopsy showed she was shot in the back while running away from the shooter.

The Cheonnan (a submarine) was sunk by the North Koreans. Some South Koreans actually believed that the North Koreans were not responsible (which they also claimed) and that it was a training exercise with the Americans gone wrong. Young, educated Koreans do not trust their government controlled media at all.

The island of Yongpyeong was shelled by North Koreans - two died. Interesting aside, a co-worker of mine was running late and had to take a taxi to work. Her driver happened to be North Korean and tried to rile her up. He was saying how the North Koreans could get away with killing a few S Koreans every couple of years and the S Koreans would never do anything about it. We guessed that he was a defector who had hoped for a better life in SK but had to deal with being a bit of an outcast with no real prospects in Seoul.

Also, perhaps most significantly, Kim Jong-il died. This was probably the thing that got the biggest reaction in SK but the reaction was still quite subdued compared the news coverage in the west. S Koreans were a little nervous of the change but also quietly optimistic that things might improve in the long run.

One of the biggest criticisms of the recently elected president was that her stance towards NK was/is too soft.

All that has happened recently is a whole load of bluster. There hasn't been any actually violence just a whole load of talk, which is nothing new.

Yeah, I think the Japanese are eager to not have this problem hanging over them.

The thing is, yes, the Kims are crazy but they are the brainwashers, not the brainwashees, they know they'd stand no chance against SK, Japan, the US and others.

http://flickr.com/photos/keithmaguire/
kwilliams is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7th, 2013, 01:44 PM   #33
country flag tennisbum79

tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilliams View Post
^ I'm not trying to sound snotty but I know so, rather than think so. I lived there for three and a half years.

In that time the border was sealed after a South Korean tourist was shot in the back - South Koreans used to be able to visit certain scenic, underpopulated parts of NK as part of organized tour groups. She apparently strayed too far from the zone they were supposed to stay in. The N Koreans said she was heading further away from that zone but the autopsy showed she was shot in the back while running away from the shooter.

The Cheonnan (a submarine) was sunk by the North Koreans. Some South Koreans actually believed that the North Koreans were not responsible (which they also claimed) and that it was a training exercise with the Americans gone wrong. Young, educated Koreans do not trust their government controlled media at all.

The island of Yongpyeong was shelled by North Koreans - two died. Interesting aside, a co-worker of mine was running late and had to take a taxi to work. Her driver happened to be North Korean and tried to rile her up. He was saying how the North Koreans could get away with killing a few S Koreans every couple of years and the S Koreans would never do anything about it. We guessed that he was a defector who had hoped for a better life in SK but had to deal with being a bit of an outcast with no real prospects in Seoul.

Also, perhaps most significantly, Kim Jong-il died. This was probably the thing that got the biggest reaction in SK but the reaction was still quite subdued compared the news coverage in the west. S Koreans were a little nervous of the change but also quietly optimistic that things might improve in the long run.

One of the biggest criticisms of the recently elected president was that her stance towards NK was/is too soft.

All that has happened recently is a whole load of bluster. There hasn't been any actually violence just a whole load of talk, which is nothing new.

Yeah, I think the Japanese are eager to not have this problem hanging over them.

The thing is, yes, the Kims are crazy but they are the brainwashers, not the brainwashees, they know they'd stand no chance against SK, Japan, the US and others.
Thanks for the info and insights.

Regarding the current Kim, Kim Jong-Un, although some in the American media think he is crazy, US state department officials and American North Koran experts do NOT think at all that he is crazy. They say he wants to be taken seriously and treated with respect, and he feels like the nuclear bomb is the only leverage he has.

A number of American experts on North Korea outside US government have said North Korea had expressed their willingness to get rid off their nuclear arsenal, and wanted the word to get out to US government at the highest level, but when they were publicly disparaged and openly ridiculed by the Bush administration, they decided to take a hardline.
The US (and its western allies) refusal to negotiate face to face with NK has further exacerbated the tension as NK felt dis-respected and mistreated by the US.

Looking at the example or Iran suspected to be on the way to have a Nuclear Bomb and is somewhat more respected by the US, and the Obama administration continuing the Bush policy and refusing to have direct negotiation with NK, further irritated them and they felt like they were losing face (which in Asia is not well seen) , they like they no choice but play the best card they had, the Nuclear Bomb card.

Last but not least, seeing how the US government is close to Pakistan, a country with Nuclear Bomb, but the US turn around and ask to get rid off theirs, gave them an opening to convince their people that the US is really out to destroy, and the US plan is first to weaken them, then attack.

PS> BTW, now, do you live in the USA, Ireland or GB?

Nadia Petrova Grand Slam Hope Is Fading
Updated: Sep 11. 2013
Next Update Date: Post 2014 RG
Rest in peace, Elena Baltacha.

Last edited by tennisbum79 : Apr 8th, 2013 at 05:01 AM.
tennisbum79 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7th, 2013, 02:51 PM   #34
country flag Patrick345

Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punky View Post
I know a lot of ppl wanna see action or the "fat kid" get kicked but there's ppl behind every country, ppl who done nothing to others who just wanna work, eat, live and raise their children

There are no winners in war, everyone lose its so sad u really don't wana think about a possibility of war I'm east Asia or anywhere

I do believe it's a bluf but I have no doubt they are in a crisis ;(
Of course he is faking it. He´s trying to demonstrate his power to control a starving nation. This is domestic policy, unless he really is a delusional nutjob. If he goes through with any sort of attack on South Korea or American military bases he´ll be dead or captured within a month. I doubt his army feels any loyalty to him. If the North Korean military felt an outside presence was gunning for his head they´d turn on him fast to save themselves.
Quiet. 24 SLAMS.
Patrick345 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7th, 2013, 03:15 PM   #35
country flag McPie
La Solo Lesbo

McPie has a reputation beyond repute McPie has a reputation beyond repute McPie has a reputation beyond repute McPie has a reputation beyond repute McPie has a reputation beyond repute McPie has a reputation beyond repute McPie has a reputation beyond repute McPie has a reputation beyond repute McPie has a reputation beyond repute McPie has a reputation beyond repute McPie has a reputation beyond repute

The McFanPage | The McTwit | The McThread 4 | The McList on IMDb | The McTumblr | The McStagram
Proud Older Stepsister of Natasha Nicole, TF Transgender Female Lesbian Duo
McPie is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7th, 2013, 03:27 PM   #36
country flag kwilliams

kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute

Ireland. I've only ever lived in Ireland and SK.

I find it hard not to believe that Kim Jong-eun (I keep writing Jong-un like everyone else but it's not actually spelled that way in English) isn't at least the tiniest bit saner than his father and grandfather.

His elder brothers are reported to have fallen out of favour for taking secret trips in which to visit Disneyland Tokyo and to attend an Eric Clapton concert!!

One thing these events cause is the devaluation of the S Korean Won. Foreigners always have to wait to wire money home if one of the Kim's is acting up again.

http://flickr.com/photos/keithmaguire/
kwilliams is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7th, 2013, 06:05 PM   #37
country flag *JR*

*JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute

Notes: the Lee Myung-Bak referred to by the military was President of South Korea from 2018 to 2012, and was frequently called a "rat bastard" by the Korean Komrades. And all of the Alun Hill produced Korea Youtubes (as on the right below) have a teaser regarding a military brothel in the DPRK; its actually nothing sexual.

<><><><><>
Old Apr 7th, 2013, 06:13 PM   #38
country flag Punky

Punky has a reputation beyond repute Punky has a reputation beyond repute Punky has a reputation beyond repute Punky has a reputation beyond repute Punky has a reputation beyond repute Punky has a reputation beyond repute Punky has a reputation beyond repute Punky has a reputation beyond repute Punky has a reputation beyond repute Punky has a reputation beyond repute Punky has a reputation beyond repute

JR i lovd ur avatar

Old Apr 7th, 2013, 06:14 PM   #39
country flag Punky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick345 View Post
Of course he is faking it. He´s trying to demonstrate his power to control a starving nation. This is domestic policy, unless he really is a delusional nutjob. If he goes through with any sort of attack on South Korea or American military bases he´ll be dead or captured within a month. I doubt his army feels any loyalty to him. If the North Korean military felt an outside presence was gunning for his head they´d turn on him fast to save themselves.
i know but i still think the world shouldnt dismiss him, not that im saying anyone should give him anything

Old Apr 7th, 2013, 06:31 PM   #40
country flag *JR*

*JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punky View Post

JR i lovd ur avatar
Thx, tho Gracie is due 2B replaced there in another coupla weeks. FWIW, her career was almost derailed last year by the Filipino version of identity politics (that her small party would be decertified because its name mentioned both children and the elderly, rather than representing only one group's interests).
Old Apr 7th, 2013, 06:33 PM   #41
country flag Punky

i love ppl who goes for things they believe

Old Apr 7th, 2013, 10:38 PM   #42
country flag tennisbum79

tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbum79 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilliams View Post
Ireland. I've only ever lived in Ireland and SK.

I find it hard not to believe that Kim Jong-eun (I keep writing Jong-un like everyone else but it's not actually spelled that way in English) isn't at least the tiniest bit saner than his father and grandfather.

His elder brothers are reported to have fallen out of favour for taking secret trips in which to visit Disneyland Tokyo and to attend an Eric Clapton concert!!

One thing these events cause is the devaluation of the S Korean Won. Foreigners always have to wait to wire money home if one of the Kim's is acting up again.
CNN is reporting that SK stock market has taken a nose dive since the rhetoric from the NK has grown more belligerent.

Last edited by tennisbum79 : Apr 8th, 2013 at 10:51 PM.
Old Apr 7th, 2013, 11:04 PM   #43
country flag Halardfan

Halardfan has a reputation beyond repute Halardfan has a reputation beyond repute Halardfan has a reputation beyond repute Halardfan has a reputation beyond repute Halardfan has a reputation beyond repute Halardfan has a reputation beyond repute Halardfan has a reputation beyond repute Halardfan has a reputation beyond repute Halardfan has a reputation beyond repute Halardfan has a reputation beyond repute Halardfan has a reputation beyond repute

Feels worrying here in Japan, you can certainly see a situation where this could escalate...NK look set to launch a missile maybe as a test maybe not...this may be shot down...leading to potentially consequences.

Certainly US policy has been clumsy in this area down the years, and added fuel to the fire, but the overwhelming responsibility for this mess is North Korea's, who constantly blackmail the outside world in order to get the resources to prop up their brutal and failed regime.
Old Apr 7th, 2013, 11:16 PM   #44
country flag Drake1980

Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute Drake1980 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Robertson View Post
nonononono

~CASTANO~MEUSBURGER~SADIKOVIC~J.Cohen~
Drake1980 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7th, 2013, 11:58 PM   #45
country flag tennisbum79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halardfan View Post
Feels worrying here in Japan, you can certainly see a situation where this could escalate...NK look set to launch a missile maybe as a test maybe not...this may be shot down...leading to potentially consequences.

Certainly US policy has been clumsy in this area down the years, and added fuel to the fire, but the overwhelming responsibility for this mess is North Korea's, who constantly blackmail the outside world in order to get the resources to prop up their brutal and failed regime.
Halardfan, I was just thinking about you to give us some perspective on the Japanese government and the people of Japan reaction.

Is there a difference between the old and new generation?
It has been reported here in the the US that Japan is prepared to retaliate if necessary.

What is the mood other there about the crisis?

I wish we could get Korean American and South Korean to give us a snap shot of how the government and the South Korean people are dealing with the crisis.
This could add more update-to-date detail on kiwilliams background info.

Last edited by tennisbum79 : Apr 8th, 2013 at 04:56 AM.