2013 - 3/8 - Julia's clay court tour - Page 8 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 5th, 2013, 11:16 PM   #106
country flag kadiHH

kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all kadiHH is a name known to all
Re: Julia's clay court tour 2013

So it looks like Julia and Slava lost their doubles quarterfinal 7-5 3-6 5-10. On to Katowice!
kadiHH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 6th, 2013, 12:15 AM   #107
country flag JuleFan

JuleFan is just really nice JuleFan is just really nice JuleFan is just really nice JuleFan is just really nice JuleFan is just really nice JuleFan is just really nice JuleFan is just really nice JuleFan is just really nice JuleFan is just really nice JuleFan is just really nice JuleFan is just really nice

Thank god. Otherwise Katowice would've gone down the drain.
JuleFan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2013, 12:34 AM   #108
country flag AVB

AVB has disabled reputation

Good loss, now she stands a better chance of vulturing a few wins in Katowice.
AVB is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2013, 06:20 AM   #109
country flag Schnffy

Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of Schnffy has much to be proud of

wozniacki lost to vögele...huge chance wasted to reach the semis
Old Apr 6th, 2013, 07:08 AM   #110
country flag KatjaS

KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute

Good that she's out of doubles. Petko & Sabine both had trouble getting from Charleston back to Europe, at least she'll probably be in Katowice by monday. On to the next wasted opportunity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnffy View Post
wozniacki lost to vögele...huge chance wasted to reach the semis
Same procedure as every tournament.
KatjaS is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2013, 10:30 AM   #111
country flag joy division

joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future joy division has a brilliant future

Still some words on the coach discussion -

Of course we fans have different and some higher and probably unrealistic expectations towards Julia.
And we obviously also are judging her developement as a player different than she herself.

But when you take Julia on her own words about the main goal in her game, consistency, you can`t do otherwise but to notice that she is at best stagnating in that point for two years now. Above all I don`t think that she is in a good physical condition. I ask myself how she and Nensel are dealing with that. Obviously quite well.
The way Julia persistently ignores these facts in her statements on and on and still argues that she`s on a good way is getting more and more ludicrous.
Imo it`s leaving just one conclusion. She`s actually happy with her situation and btw. - we can`t blame her at all for that.

Tbh, Nensel and Julia seem a bit too much like an old couple to me to really bring on some changes in her game.
If Nensel should decide to do something else it wouldn`t be the worst thing. It would at least be a chance to give her career a different direction.
Btw. I think that video analyzes fundamentally belong to a coaches job and it would be a little absurd if they wouldn`t use it to look back on matches.

Last edited by joy division : Apr 6th, 2013 at 11:23 AM.
joy division is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2013, 03:23 PM   #112
country flag mk27

mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute mk27 has a reputation beyond repute

$235,000 Katowice

(4)Goerges v Q
Pironkova v Q
Begu v Johansson
Q v (7)Lisicki
mk27 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2013, 05:41 PM   #113
country flag KatjaS

KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute KatjaS has a reputation beyond repute

It's difficult for her to be in a good physical condition when she plays soooo many matches. The fact that she has played almost 10 matches more than any other German player despite being crap in singles should be absolutely alarming to her.

As for the draw...very difficult to have an opinion about that. I sort of expect her to lose no matter who is on the other side of the net right now.
Old Apr 6th, 2013, 06:22 PM   #114
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute

Hopefully she will have some time to train in Poland. Otherwise it will be tough.

Andrea Petkovic - Sara Errani - Jarka Gajdosova - Alizé Cornet
Dorien. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2013, 10:55 PM   #115
country flag Michael!
indescribable

Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute Michael! has a reputation beyond repute

hope that she reaches QF at least but u never know, can totally see her losing to Pironkova already...
Old Apr 6th, 2013, 11:36 PM   #116
country flag AVB

AVB has disabled reputation

Losing to Pironkova on (indoor) clay would be something But sadly she's capable of doing that.
AVB is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7th, 2013, 07:33 AM   #117
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute

Seems like the weather will be less than ideal in Katowice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiceboy View Post
Lourdes just facebooked this

HowardH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7th, 2013, 07:55 AM   #118
country flag KatjaS

It's indoors. More worrying is how late she arrives there. Has to hope for a wednesday R1.

Last edited by KatjaS : Apr 7th, 2013 at 08:03 AM.
Old Apr 7th, 2013, 08:05 AM   #119
country flag Banditoo

Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute

Pironkova can't win a match! If she loses, she will lose against a Q!
I think everyone in sport can be inspired by what Venus has done and how she's come back and winning championships and just doing so well. So I have been utterly completely inspired by that. I just have no words for it. There is no greater champion in my eyes.
Banditoo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7th, 2013, 02:54 PM   #120
country flag Iwasbored2013

Iwasbored2013 is just really nice Iwasbored2013 is just really nice Iwasbored2013 is just really nice Iwasbored2013 is just really nice Iwasbored2013 is just really nice Iwasbored2013 is just really nice Iwasbored2013 is just really nice Iwasbored2013 is just really nice Iwasbored2013 is just really nice Iwasbored2013 is just really nice Iwasbored2013 is just really nice

Julia will face one of these players in the first round:

Katarzyna Piter OR Maria Elena Camerin
Alexandra Cadantu OR Valeria Solovyeva
Shahar Peer OR Anna Schmiedlova
Irina Buryachok OR Jill Craybas*

Julia has never played against five of these players.
Head to Head against Shahar Peer 4-0 ('11 HarTru, '12 HC, '12 grass, '12 HC)
Head to Head against Maria Elena Camerin 2-0 ('07 clay, '11 clay)
Head to Head against Jill Craybas 1-0 ('10 clay)

* Julia and Jill are friends, so this opponent might be psychologically difficult for Julia.
Iwasbored2013 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote