Paszek 2013! - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 25th, 2013, 11:29 PM   #46
country flag Aravanecaravan
The Aravane Caravan

Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute Aravanecaravan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Paszek 2013!

Been wanting to write about this match for a couple of days now, as I saw the whole thing in person.

It was played on court 7 late in the day on Friday, and was interrupted by about a three hour rain delay. A good sized crowd turned out for it, most of which was in Tamira's corner, and I think she had several friends and maybe some family there too. One couple sitting next to me sounded as if they knew her or were some sort of extended family, though for most of the match they she was Halep.

A guy sitting a few rows in front of me kept yelling "C'mon, Tamira!" after every point or every other point, so by the time of the rain delay, she must of gotten sick of her name, lol.

As for the match, Mimi started off pretty slowly, as has sort of become a pattern for her, and lost her opening serve game. She looked pretty ragged on serve and made some loose swings resulting in several errors that gave Halep a pretty easy time of it in the first set. By contrast, after a bathroom break, Tamira looked a lot better in the second set, right from the start, and stayed on top of her serve games pretty well. She fought very hard, buoyed by the crowd support, and mentally was more into the match by that point. You could definitely see that her fire was going, especially at the end of the second set, when she clenched her fist alot, exchanged glances with Andrei Pavel, and looked quite determined. By contrast, it was all Simona could do to keep up with Tamira in the rallies, where Mimi's shots were deeper and more punishing and kept Simona moving around beautifully. She hit some gorgeous backhand winners in these games too.

In the third set, Tamira jumped out to an early lead and it looked like she had things going her way, but an early break disappeared and Halep passed her up just before the rain started. At 3-all and then 3-4 there were a couple of momentary suspensions when Mimi sat down, veteran that she is, but when they tried to resume the second time, at 3-4 30-40, the rain came harder, the court was lost, the players sent off, and we got a report that a heavy shower was about to move across Key Biscayne.

Went to get dinner, and after the rain shower, the ball kids and ground crew were out drying the courts, and by roughly 8 or so we were ready to go. Tamira lost that serve game, but spurred on by our cheers she fought hard to break and hold for 5-all, and it looked for all the world that we were going to a breaker. But it was not meant to be. Simona held serve and Mimi was broken for the win, at 7-5 in the third. It was a tough loss, but she fought well right to the end.

I took lots of photos, which are on my Flickr, http://www.flickr.com/photos/2830082...7633068034278/, and several videos of this match which will be uploaded to my Youtube account in the coming days.

Garbińe Muguruza * Julia Goerges * Heidi El Tabakh * Sania Mirza * Louisa Chirico * Tamira Paszek

AravaneCaravan's tennis blog: http://thearavanecaravan.wordpress.com
Aravanecaravan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 1st, 2013, 07:13 PM   #47
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute

She retired after she lost the first set against Grace Min

Andrea Petkovic - Sara Errani - Jarka Gajdosova - Alizé Cornet
Dorien. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7th, 2013, 04:14 AM   #48
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Tatishvili. Flipkens. Pironkova.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30th, 2013, 05:07 PM   #49
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute

She lost first round against Niculescu 61 63

Old May 2nd, 2013, 08:45 PM   #50
country flag *O.R*

*O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute

Mimi

Petrova _ Stosur _ Kuznetsova _ Kanepi _ Rybarikova _ Makarova _ Hradecka _ K.Bondarenko _ Sharapova _ Vesnina _ Hantuchova _ Flipkens _ Jankovic _ Govortsova _ Krajicek _ Martic _ Lucic _ Cetkovska _ Rezai _ Peer _ Begu _ Dulgheru _ Arvidsson _ Larsson _ Hercog _ Mattek-Sands _ Scheepers _ Pliskovas _ Peng _ Minella _ Puchkova _ Voegele
*O.R* is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2013, 03:57 PM   #51
country flag *O.R*

*O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute *O.R* has a reputation beyond repute

R1 against Li in Madrid Couldn't get a worse draw if she tried.

Petrova _ Stosur _ Kuznetsova _ Kanepi _ Rybarikova _ Makarova _ Hradecka _ K.Bondarenko _ Sharapova _ Vesnina _ Hantuchova _ Flipkens _ Jankovic _ Govortsova _ Krajicek _ Martic _ Lucic _ Cetkovska _ Rezai _ Peer _ Begu _ Dulgheru _ Arvidsson _ Larsson _ Hercog _ Mattek-Sands _ Scheepers _ Pliskovas _ Peng _ Minella _ Puchkova _ Voegele
*O.R* is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2013, 06:45 PM   #52
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

Ooh damn

Old May 4th, 2013, 10:24 AM   #53
country flag paszekfan1

paszekfan1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Strasbourg round 1 vs. Razzano. Its a weak draw with Paszek seeded 2. Please get some wins Tamira!

Last edited by paszekfan1 : May 19th, 2013 at 01:43 PM.
paszekfan1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2013, 05:49 PM   #54
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

She lost to Razzano 61 64

Old May 24th, 2013, 07:31 PM   #55
country flag paszekfan1

paszekfan1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Roland Garros round 1 vs. Oudin. This is from Tamira's Facebook, she seems positive. I hope it will translate to the court now.

"I have played her before so I know her game. I'll go out there, play my game, be patient and wait for my opportunities. It will be important to be aggressive. I am very happy to be here in Paris feeling healthy after a difficult couple of months and I'm looking forward to starting the tournament."
paszekfan1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2013, 11:51 AM   #56
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute

http://straightsets.blogs.nytimes.co...roland-garros/

Quote:
Players Not to Watch at Roland Garros
By BEN ROTHENBERG

It is easy to spot the players coming into a Grand Slam tournament with a head of steam, arriving in Paris with an impressive roster of victories that make them ones to watch at the tournament. For this year’s French Open, players like Benoit Paire, Grigor Dimitrov, Simona Halep and Bethanie Mattek-Sands would easily fit into that category, among others.

But players who stealthily slump into a tournament can be much tougher to spot. They may have recognizable names and high rankings that would make them seem like a reliable pick to do some damage, but their recent results should make them ones not to watch. Here are some players who fit into that category.

Tamira Paszek (No. 30 seed) Paszek, an Austrian, has won only one match this year. Starting with a second-round loss in Beijing in October, Paszek has gone 1-13. Yet she remains seeded on the strength of her strong play in the 2012 grass court season, in which she won a title at Eastbourne and reached the Wimbledon quarterfinals. She will have a number next to her name on the red dirt of Paris, but there is no reason to consider her a favorite in any match she plays.
Tamira

Good Luck
Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki N. Petrova M. Hingis
T. Paszek A. Chakvetadze K. Sprem J. Dokic I. Tulyaganova A. Myskina
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
rucolo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2013, 02:27 PM   #57
country flag Bartoli's Boy

Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of Bartoli's Boy has much to be proud of

Mimi I just want you to win a match. Please don't blow the grass season too...

Both my favourite players are in poor form and their fans are holding out hope for the grass season to rescue things. Maybe I should start supporting Pironkova too? And I'm warming up to Venus Williams these days...
Bartoli's Boy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2013, 06:24 PM   #58
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

She really really needs a good grass season.

Old May 28th, 2013, 12:41 PM   #59
country flag Wonderwall

Wonderwall is a splendid one to behold Wonderwall is a splendid one to behold Wonderwall is a splendid one to behold Wonderwall is a splendid one to behold Wonderwall is a splendid one to behold Wonderwall is a splendid one to behold Wonderwall is a splendid one to behold Wonderwall is a splendid one to behold Wonderwall is a splendid one to behold Wonderwall is a splendid one to behold Wonderwall is a splendid one to behold

Mimi

Yeah lets hope the grass inspires her.
Wonderwall is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1st, 2013, 11:18 AM   #60
country flag Wonderwall

Wonderwall is a splendid one to behold Wonderwall is a splendid one to behold Wonderwall is a splendid one to behold Wonderwall is a splendid one to behold Wonderwall is a splendid one to behold Wonderwall is a splendid one to behold Wonderwall is a splendid one to behold Wonderwall is a splendid one to behold Wonderwall is a splendid one to behold Wonderwall is a splendid one to behold Wonderwall is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
TamiraPaszek ‏@tamira1990

England here i come #howhaveimissedyou
Wonderwall is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote