On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen - Page 321 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Apr 2nd, 2013, 01:57 AM   #4801
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

Most overated films?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 2nd, 2013, 02:53 AM   #4802
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burisleif View Post
Most overated films?
Thought that 'Scent of a Woman' was unworthy of all the slobbering praise it got....but that's not why I'm here right now.As YOU were the one who came up with one of the best-ever thread titles in the history of the GroupThink humanist intellectual abyss known as Tennis Forum,I draw your attention to the fact that we are gradually,almost inevitably nearing the 5,000-post mark.If I don't meet an unexpected death prior to then,I'll be inclined to implement one of your suggestions for the sequel thread title.

In case aye DO disappear inexplicably,whether it be death-related or otherwise,you are hereby encouraged to move forward with your own choice in my absence

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

W(PE)TA: Women's Pathetic Enabler Tennis Association

LOOK! It's CLEAR; Carousel is a LIE! You don't HAVE to die! You can LIVE; LIVE and GROW OLD!
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 2nd, 2013, 11:34 AM   #4803
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Thought that 'Scent of a Woman' was unworthy of all the slobbering praise it got....but that's not why I'm here right now.As YOU were the one who came up with one of the best-ever thread titles in the history of the GroupThink humanist intellectual abyss known as Tennis Forum,I draw your attention to the fact that we are gradually,almost inevitably nearing the 5,000-post mark.If I don't meet an unexpected death prior to then,I'll be inclined to implement one of your suggestions for the sequel thread title.

In case aye DO disappear inexplicably,whether it be death-related or otherwise,you are hereby encouraged to move forward with your own choice in my absence
Did I miss a global event regarding an iminent Alien invasion, hence talk of departure? Should I be packing?

'Scent of a Women' coincidentally has the same lead as the trilogy i was thinking about. I just watched 'Winters bone' again, and was reminded of a much better telling of the Mafia dynamic.

Continuing with the overated theme, how do we feel about Tarentino? Is he to film what winners are to matchplay tennis? Do more winners make a better film? To quote another nominee, "Are we not entertained?"...
Old Apr 2nd, 2013, 02:37 PM   #4804
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Did I miss a global event regarding an iminent Alien invasion, hence talk of departure? Should I be packing?

'Scent of a Women' coincidentally has the same lead as the trilogy i was thinking about. I just watched 'Winters bone' again, and was reminded of a much better telling of the Mafia dynamic.

Continuing with the overated theme, how do we feel about Tarentino? Is he to film what winners are to matchplay tennis? Do more winners make a better film? To quote another nominee, "Are we not entertained?"...
You are welcome to send those thread name suggestions via PM,if you'd prefer,btw.

Regarding the American you mentioned,if one considered 'Twilight' as "great literature",then they'd consider Mr.Overrated as an awesome director,too.Personally,I'd be more entertained by his OWN encounters with violence...let's say,an autobiographical documentary where he was incarcerated in a low-budget Mexican prison and desperately attempted to plead avoidance,in awfully-broken Spanish,of unwanted advances from inmates who hadn't seen their gfs or wives in years

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

LOOK! It's CLEAR; Carousel is a LIE! You don't HAVE to die! You can LIVE; LIVE and GROW OLD!
Old Apr 2nd, 2013, 02:53 PM   #4805
country flag backhandsmash

backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute

"Are we not entertained?" could be a good title, actually.
backhandsmash is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 2nd, 2013, 03:12 PM   #4806
country flag Burisleif

Quote:
You are welcome to send those thread name suggestions via PM,if you'd prefer,btw.

Regarding the American you mentioned,if one considered 'Twilight' as "great literature",then they'd consider Mr.Overrated as an awesome director,too.Personally,I'd be more entertained by his OWN encounters with violence...let's say,an autobiographical documentary where he was incarcerated in a low-budget Mexican prison and desperately attempted to plead avoidance,in awfully-broken Spanish,of unwanted advances from inmates who hadn't seen their gfs or wives in years
Twilight... The author chocking on his copy of Baudelaire would be poetic. Stewart really has gone from a promising start to become the poster girl of feminine irrelevance and weakness. I hear more artistry in the resonance of a dentist drill than the excruciating dialogue of that teenage kicks fluff.

re the title. The trouble is the current one really does a great job of describing the tittle it was created to contain. I was thinking that we should open an homage thread to this one entitled "the unbearable lightness of being underground" in honour of the recently usurped archbishop of the pessimists, and as a place to deposit rhetoric about misery and why Caroline's spare time activities cause irregular ball flight, however that is also covered by the thesis that this thread derives its name from.

As BHS spoted and suggests, what about...

"On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro - Are we not entertained yet?"
Old Apr 2nd, 2013, 03:19 PM   #4807
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Twilight... The author chocking on his copy of Baudelaire would be poetic. Stewart really has gone from a promising start to become the poster girl of feminine irrelevance and weakness. I hear more artistry in the resonance of a dentist drill than the excruciating dialogue of that teenage kicks fluff.

re the title. The trouble is the current one really does a great job of describing the tittle it was created to contain. I was thinking that we should open an homage thread to this one entitled "the unbearable lightness of being underground" in honour of the recently usurped archbishop of the pessimists, and as a place to deposit rhetoric about misery and why Caroline's spare time activities cause irregular ball flight, however that is also covered by the thesis that this thread derives its name from.

As BHS spoted and suggests, what about...

"On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro - Are we not entertained yet?"
Will take your,and BHS',words as sound advisement...but,for now,I'm off to work

Old Apr 2nd, 2013, 06:33 PM   #4808
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Okay,just got back from the staff meeting(but will be in and out at various points of the day).I'll TRY to forgive you for insulting my celebrity Scientology mentor,in the other thread,who has had such a profound spiritual impact on my life.

Your newest useful acronym is AFIEWSAS,which rhymes,more or less,with 'Refuses'.I was surprised how it came to me so quickly with hardly any reflection at all.AFIEWSAS stands for: Art For Intellectual Elves With Short Attention Spans(obviously,the word 'art' is being applied parenthetically here).Don't require any affirmation whatsoever;if you hate the name,no problem but,if you LIKE it,no copyright exists so you may use and share it freely

Old Apr 4th, 2013, 01:37 AM   #4809
country flag bruce goose

It's hard to watch Venus become such a shadow of her former self;I believe that we'd see MUCH different results if it weren't for the Sjogren's.Was never a huge fan of hers in the past...and I might raise an eyebrow to the quasi-religious cult she belongs to...but there's no questioning her sincerity,in my mind,as she goes with her sis to Africa to open schools and improve the plight of so many poor,marginalized women there...making a REAL difference,as opposed to some of those fake-ass,slutty glamour girls who do a couple photo-ops with children and act as if it's some sort of absolution for having such a shallow,spoiled life.

She hasn't forgotten about other African-American females who are in the same boat that she once was in,and I really like her intentions in creating an affordable clothing line that doesn't limit its utility by pushing the sexy envelope way too far.

Fraudulent jokes like AI and Lisicki should be ashamed of themselves with their litany of concocted bullshit or highly-exaggerated injury excuses.What an immense contrast between those lazy,hollow p.r. seekers and Venus--who has absolutely nothing to prove...is past the retirement age for the average WTA player...is dealing with a serious illness that robs her of strength & stamina and could even become fatal.....and yet she keeps battling even though she can rarely produce the caliber of tennis that she once did.We shouldn't hold our breath with the kind of gutless weenies that comprise the tennis media;however,I'd love to catch an article--required reading for Stacy Allaster--on how Venus is the polar opposite of the dime-a-dozen cover girls of the WTA

Old Apr 5th, 2013, 05:33 AM   #4810
country flag bruce goose

Has anyone ever met a really fast talker who was an honest person??In my experience,"FT"s are either liars or really shallow people who are desperate to get their words out cuz they know that they have nothing important to say......Perhaps there are differences in other cultures,though,so I'd love to get feedback on this

Old Apr 6th, 2013, 06:11 AM   #4811
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
Honestly and from the bottom of my heart: I really feel for you guys seeing how much you still care, only to deal with this shit week in and week out. I just can't anymore, her decisions have angered me too much, following her became a chore that dragged me down and sucked the fun out of watching tennis.

Frankly, she doesn't deserve to have such fans anymore, not with her attitude. If she doesn't care, why should you? It's not her results but the mindset that is so incredibly frustrating. I really hope it doesn't get any worse...not for her sake but for you guys.

Edit: That I'm getting bad repped for this posting is so incredibly sad... jesus.
If you really are sincere, then how about you stop bashing Caro in general messages and stop rooting for seemingly every opponent of Caro's?

It's curious timing you posting in here. You didn't even come in here to say something positive when she beat your least favorite German.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 6th, 2013, 06:22 AM   #4812
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Has anyone ever met a really fast talker who was an honest person??In my experience,"FT"s are either liars or really shallow people who are desperate to get their words out cuz they know that they have nothing important to say......Perhaps there are differences in other cultures,though,so I'd love to get feedback on this
No, I've only seen them in the movies or on tv. They do seem rather annoying in those depictions though.

Maybe they're very enthusiastic people or easily excited.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 6th, 2013, 07:35 AM   #4813
country flag bruce goose

Thanks for your input,Protoss

On to a slightly different note,I have a couple ideas that I might implement if I were the WTA Chief

One of them would be changing the reporting in the WTA webpage;I'd make it subtly clear that we didn't suffer joke-worthy players.Instead of,"____ retired from the Memphis final with an illness...," we'd have,"..._____ quit after the first set of the Memphis final,even though she showed no signs of illness whatsoever either during the match or in the trophy photo shoot afterwards when she conveniently recovered from her mystery ailment."

We might also have,"______ backed out of her commitment to play Stuttgart,claiming to have a serious stomach virus,even though she was seen,by many,laughing and smiling on the beach with her bf on the same date that the serious virus supposedly forced her to withdraw."

I wouldn't be able to control--nor would I try that hard--when members of the media took photos of various players,yet aye COULD control how often players were exposed on the WTA website or at official events.Habitual tankers would no longer have their faces displayed on tourney promotional material(unless certain tourney bosses wanted to get on my Shit List),and they would become non-persons,a` la old USSR,in the photo galleries on our webpage.There'd be a shot of 3 women side by side,but the photo would be spliced so that the tanker was cut out of the photo as you only saw 2 gals.

They'd QUICKLY get the message,far better than they would from getting fined.Not having their photos anywhere on WTA promo media would be the worst punishment that some of those shallow wannabe cover girls could ever receive.If they complained to my office,I'd tell them,"Largate,pinche golfa!And go get a damned fitness coach!Oh,and if you decide to bring your unemployed bf to a tournament with you,then you should think about getting separate hotel rooms...or at least show a smidge of self-discipline if you have a match the next day.I don't wanna see you huffing and puffing in the 2nd set just b/c you got your brains f--ked out....AGAIN....the night before a match!"

If we implemented those types of policies consistently,we'd have a lot less wasted potential in the WTA

Old Apr 6th, 2013, 11:24 AM   #4814
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

The WTA is supposed to promote womens tennis, not bash or ridicule it. And despite it's no doubt many shortcomings they have by and large done a very good job of that considering that tennis is the most popular sport for women in the world and the only one where a woman has as much chance (or close) to become a zillionaire as her male colleagues.

Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!  
Old Apr 6th, 2013, 02:39 PM   #4815
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
The WTA is supposed to promote womens tennis, not bash or ridicule it. And despite it's no doubt many shortcomings they have by and large done a very good job of that considering that tennis is the most popular sport for women in the world and the only one where a woman has as much chance (or close) to become a zillionaire as her male colleagues.
Can't disagree with your main premise at all,but they've crossed the line and become enablers for players who don't respect the sport,thus seriously hurting their credibility with many sports fans.I exaggerated just a bit,of course,yet the WTA should NOT pamper tankers and underachievers to reward them for NON-effort.....Gotts run,amigo

Last edited by bruce goose : Apr 7th, 2013 at 04:41 AM. Reason: typo
Closed Thread