Young XWTA Players That Remind You Of Top XWTA Players - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 6th, 2013, 01:25 AM   #1
country flag SAISAI-GOAT

SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute
Post Young XWTA Players That Remind You Of Top XWTA Players

I was just thinking the other day that I have not seen alot of the players ranked outside the XWTA Top 100 play and even some of the players in the Top 100

I imagine the same is true for many of us, but we are always looking for young players to adopt as our favorites and potentially eventually replace our current faves

so I wanted to put together a list of young players on tour whose game reminds you of current XWTA Top Players or even former GOATS ... that way your fellow posters can go to try to watch those players in action and maybe add a young player as a fave

I'll start ...

Sai Sai Zheng - Young Sam Sam Stosur
Sloane Stephens - Young Serena Williams
Mayo Hibi - Young Roberta Vinci
Garbine Muguruza - Young Na Li
Ying Ying Duan - Young Lindsay Davenport
Yulia Putintseva - Young Dominika Cibulkova
Grace Min - Young Sara Errani
Eugenie Bouchard - Young Maria Kirilenko
Laura Robson - Young Petra Kvitova
Monica Puig - Young Sveta Kuznetosva
Madison Keys - Young Venus Williams
Donna Vekic - Caroline Wozniacki
Kristina Mladenovic - Young Maria Sharapova
Tennis Tipping GOATS - HAOCHEN-GOAT SHILIN-GOAT
Tennis Tipping Golden Flower GOATS - GoofyDuck Imperfect Angel M.P longtin23 silverwhite
Tennis Tipping Non-Chinese Faves - Adrian. AYUMI-GOAT coolfish1103 Frederik Igorche kfh_9118 Michael! MikBs Mike. peanuts valac222

Last edited by SAISAI-GOAT : Apr 6th, 2013 at 02:50 AM.
SAISAI-GOAT is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 6th, 2013, 01:26 AM   #2
country flag Sarmiento

Sarmiento is a glorious beacon of light Sarmiento is a glorious beacon of light Sarmiento is a glorious beacon of light Sarmiento is a glorious beacon of light Sarmiento is a glorious beacon of light Sarmiento is a glorious beacon of light Sarmiento is a glorious beacon of light Sarmiento is a glorious beacon of light Sarmiento is a glorious beacon of light Sarmiento is a glorious beacon of light Sarmiento is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Young Players That Remind You Of Top XWTA Players

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAISAI-GOAT View Post
Sarmiento is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2013, 01:44 AM   #3
country flag taloki

taloki has much to be proud of taloki has much to be proud of taloki has much to be proud of taloki has much to be proud of taloki has much to be proud of taloki has much to be proud of taloki has much to be proud of taloki has much to be proud of taloki has much to be proud of taloki has much to be proud of taloki has much to be proud of

Quote:
Sai Sai Zheng - Young Sam Sam Stosur

I thought Sai Sai was weaponless?

Oh, you meant the sunglasses on court.
taloki is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2013, 01:59 AM   #4
country flag Alexandros
Jail food ah de best.

Alexandros has a reputation beyond repute Alexandros has a reputation beyond repute Alexandros has a reputation beyond repute Alexandros has a reputation beyond repute Alexandros has a reputation beyond repute Alexandros has a reputation beyond repute Alexandros has a reputation beyond repute Alexandros has a reputation beyond repute Alexandros has a reputation beyond repute Alexandros has a reputation beyond repute Alexandros has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

You just crossed the line. Shame on you Na-Mug, shame.

Last edited by Alexandros : Apr 6th, 2013 at 02:22 AM.
Alexandros is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2013, 02:01 AM   #5
country flag MANIACJANUARY

MANIACJANUARY is a name known to all MANIACJANUARY is a name known to all MANIACJANUARY is a name known to all MANIACJANUARY is a name known to all MANIACJANUARY is a name known to all MANIACJANUARY is a name known to all MANIACJANUARY is a name known to all MANIACJANUARY is a name known to all MANIACJANUARY is a name known to all MANIACJANUARY is a name known to all MANIACJANUARY is a name known to all
Re: Young XWTA Players That Remind You Of Top XWTA Players

MANIACJANUARY is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2013, 02:02 AM   #6
country flag SAISAI-GOAT

SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute SAISAI-GOAT has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by taloki View Post

I thought Sai Sai was weaponless?

Oh, you meant the sunglasses on court.
severe topspin on forehand

comfortable at the net, unlike most XWTA players

as for Sloane and Serena, both have powerful serves, great movement and big forehand
Tennis Tipping Golden Flower GOATS - GoofyDuck Imperfect Angel M.P longtin23 silverwhite
Tennis Tipping Non-Chinese Faves - Adrian. AYUMI-GOAT coolfish1103 Frederik Igorche kfh_9118 Michael! MikBs Mike. peanuts valac222
Old Apr 6th, 2013, 02:02 AM   #7
country flag SAISAI-GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MANIACJANUARY View Post
I was thinking of that but then who would Monica Puig be
Old Apr 6th, 2013, 02:05 AM   #8
country flag danieln1
VIP and The Cheesecake Factory

danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute danieln1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Ying Ying Duan - Young Lindsay Davenport
I liked this

When we`ll have a chance to watch Chinese Davenport play?

Ivanovic - Görges - Agnieszka - Li - Woz

Venus - Kvitova - Putintseva - Robson - Stosur - Cibulkova - Stephens

that is so disrespectful.... so disrespectful!
danieln1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2013, 02:20 AM   #9
country flag SAISAI-GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by @danieln1 View Post
I liked this

When we`ll have a chance to watch Chinese Davenport play?
not sure

hopefully she qualifies for a slam and draws a top player ... maybe Wimbledon

otherwise maybe the CTA will provide livestream for the national games this year
Old Apr 6th, 2013, 02:50 AM   #10
country flag SAISAI-GOAT

added Keys, Vekic, Mladenovic
Old Apr 6th, 2013, 03:14 AM   #11
country flag Povin
postcyber

Povin has a brilliant future Povin has a brilliant future Povin has a brilliant future Povin has a brilliant future Povin has a brilliant future Povin has a brilliant future Povin has a brilliant future Povin has a brilliant future Povin has a brilliant future Povin has a brilliant future Povin has a brilliant future

Great topic! I was just thinking about that. Some people say that Francoise Abanda plays like young Venus. Her service motion looks similar to Venus.
Still, I find most of the uprising players to be just ballbashers. I wish someone played like Hingis, Henin, Mauresmo. One-handed backhand is DEAD (well, except for Gasparyan). I like that some young players play at the net quite often, like Stephens (great net game btw), Townsend (never seen her, but heard that she even serves and volleys ).
By the way, don't you think that Watson's and Stephens' playing styles are similar? I don't know who from the older players has the same style.
Povin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2013, 03:33 AM   #12
country flag LeonHart

LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute LeonHart has a reputation beyond repute

Stefanie Voegele - Martina Hingis, the way they both tie up their ponytail =)

Sorana Cirstea - Stefanie Voegele - Michelle Larcher de Brito - Alexandra Dulgheru

Martina I will miss you!!
LeonHart is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2013, 03:39 AM   #13
country flag binky-GOAT

binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of binky-GOAT has much to be proud of

Bouchard and Vekic have very similar styles. Only dif is that Donna doesn't have a suspect serve.

Keys is more like Davenport than Venus, especially on the movement.
binky-GOAT is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2013, 03:42 AM   #14
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Aliaksandra Sasnovich: New Azarenka
Anett Kontaveit: Old Azarenka

As for Putintseva=Cibulkova, when Putintseva was playing as a 14 year old at Les Petits As, she had the same serve and grunt as Cibulkova does now + Forehand and Movement even Backhand at times They even look similar And the attitude

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2013, 12:33 PM   #15
country flag SAISAI-GOAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonHart View Post
Stefanie Voegele - Martina Hingis, the way they both tie up their ponytail =)

but her game not like Hingis right