Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6 - Page 113 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Apr 4th, 2013, 02:16 PM   #1681
country flag Yksi

Yksi is a splendid one to behold Yksi is a splendid one to behold Yksi is a splendid one to behold Yksi is a splendid one to behold Yksi is a splendid one to behold Yksi is a splendid one to behold Yksi is a splendid one to behold Yksi is a splendid one to behold Yksi is a splendid one to behold Yksi is a splendid one to behold Yksi is a splendid one to behold
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey View Post
Andrea Petkovic withdraws from Charleston. Wozniacki gets a walkover. Disappointing, but Petkovic mentioned her knee swelled after Miami.‏@SI_BTBaseline
I guess that explains why I cannot find a working stream!

Too bad about Andrea Petkovic and her knee though.
Yksi is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 4th, 2013, 08:19 PM   #1682
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

The term 'Lucky Loser' is sort of amusing(and that was probably intentional on the part of the tennis official who first coined the term),because REAL losers are very rarely lucky.It's true that Caro managed to avoid Vika at IW....but she only got that opportunity by winning her previous matches to put herself in that position.If you're always tanking...or bombing out in the 1st or 2nd rounds like certain overrated jokes are...then you won't get a chance to take advantage of some of those lucky opportunities.A great coach once said that winners make their own luck,and a corollary is that losers always seem to be unlucky.I'd like to think that Caro is still much more the former than the latter

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

How many wins do you need to distinguish yourself as a WTA Rising Star--as opposed to a mediocre, Treading Water Star?
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 4th, 2013, 11:19 PM   #1683
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Okay,folks in the know,give me the rundown:

Charleston made use of FIVE courts for Monday's schedule,which should easily allow them to complete the 7 rain-delayed matches....yet I heard that only the 3 other spots in Caro's half of the draw will be contested today,while the other half will all double up tomorrow.I'm going to guess that Charleston is claiming that the other usable courts aren't sufficiently big for the marquee stars that might,hypothetically,play there.Quite frankly,I'd be HAPPY to play on a satellite court if it meant not playing two matches the next day...and I'd tell Charleston to go f--k themselves!!!...and cancel both of my unnecessarily doubled-up matches...and forget about my EVER returning as I told the world tennis media what an amateurish assclown operation Charleston was.......but maybe the players are nicer than I am

EDIT: On that same theme,could anyone tell me if tourneys ever consult with players when determining the make-up schedule for rain postponements??I'm not suggesting that players should have final say or anything like that,but I believe that there's a player rep in every MD,isn't that right??I'd have a LOT more respect for a tourney if they made a courteous effort to keep me informed,as a player--an invited guest of sorts--at their event

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

How many wins do you need to distinguish yourself as a WTA Rising Star--as opposed to a mediocre, Treading Water Star?

Last edited by bruce goose : Apr 5th, 2013 at 02:09 AM.
Old Apr 5th, 2013, 06:53 AM   #1684
country flag Fantasy Hero

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute

I cannot answer to your question, but I guess that what you are saying is the actual job of Player's rapresentant there

anw Goerges and Stosur are both out

http://ski-and-tennis.blogspot.it
my own blog with reviews and articles, have a look if you're intrested
Fantasy Hero is online now View My Blog!  
Old Apr 5th, 2013, 07:54 AM   #1685
country flag C. W. Fields

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute

If Caro wins her QF and JJ does the same, we'll have a repeat of the Charleston11 SF. Back then Caro was ranked #1 and JJ #7. It seems like such a long time ago but it's barely been two years!
Old Apr 5th, 2013, 10:07 AM   #1686
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Jankovic is playing much better the last few weeks. While Caro took advantage of her draw then lost to Maria at IW, Jelena did the same thing in Miami, getting to the semifinal in Vika's section.
But they have matches before that. A final against Serena is not unrealistic now, for either of them.
Jankovic looks like she will make a YEC run this year
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 5th, 2013, 11:17 AM   #1687
country flag Blu€

Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
Jankovic is playing much better the last few weeks.
I don't know ...we may complain about Caro but JJ's stats against Oudin were quite embarrasing.

Voegele next, never seen her play so I don't know what to expect.

Caro has a great chance here for another final, let's hope she doesn't blow it.

···♥♥Wozniacki♥♥···

♪♫♪♫In a sky full of stars I think I saw you ♪♫♪♫
Blu€ is online now View My Blog!  
Old Apr 5th, 2013, 01:12 PM   #1688
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, a chance for another premier final after IW, and she was in a SF in Dubai.
Her results are getting better after she said she's motivated again.
Lets hope she can keep that up on red clay, where she has little to defend

Old Apr 5th, 2013, 02:08 PM   #1689
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute

Lucky Caroline. Sad Petkovic again injured and had to withdraw

Vögele is in the form of her life, but Caroline should beat her and reach SF

Good Luck
Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki N. Petrova M. Hingis
T. Paszek A. Chakvetadze K. Sprem J. Dokic I. Tulyaganova A. Myskina
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
rucolo is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 5th, 2013, 04:25 PM   #1690
country flag bruce goose

With this window of opportunity,it would be VERY disappointing if Caro didn't at least win today and reach the SFs and,if she's serious about reaching YEC,then making the FCC final should be her current goal

Old Apr 6th, 2013, 01:12 AM   #1691
country flag neverforget

neverforget is a name known to all neverforget is a name known to all neverforget is a name known to all neverforget is a name known to all neverforget is a name known to all neverforget is a name known to all neverforget is a name known to all neverforget is a name known to all neverforget is a name known to all neverforget is a name known to all neverforget is a name known to all

he just had her serve broken in third set after going up 40-love. Double faults.
neverforget is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 6th, 2013, 01:23 AM   #1692
country flag goldenlox

Caroline had her serve broken 5 of her last 6 times.
Now in her last 4 tournaments she has losses to Wang, Muguruza and Voegele. Its time to watch golf. She'll be doing that the next 30 years

Old Apr 6th, 2013, 01:34 AM   #1693
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Perhaps we'll just have to face the fact that her days as a top player are over. This has been going on for much, much too long to just call it a slump. This is and probably will be her normal level for the rest of her career. If we're Lucky, that is. There will still be the occasional good run, a win over a top 10 player every now and then to get our hopes up, but I don't think she's any better than she was in 2012, in fact I think she's getting worse.

Thank you LI NA
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 6th, 2013, 01:34 AM   #1694
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
Caroline had her serve broken 5 of her last 6 times.
Now in her last 4 tournaments she has losses to Wang, Muguruza and Voegele. Its time to watch golf. She'll be doing that the next 30 years
I am not sure, if you (think you) are joking, but she is going to Augusta to follow Rory. And why bother with tennis, when you can be a golfing WAG to one of the highest paid golfers?

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is online now View My Blog!  
Old Apr 6th, 2013, 01:37 AM   #1695
country flag neverforget

neverforget is a name known to all neverforget is a name known to all neverforget is a name known to all neverforget is a name known to all neverforget is a name known to all neverforget is a name known to all neverforget is a name known to all neverforget is a name known to all neverforget is a name known to all neverforget is a name known to all neverforget is a name known to all

This so sad.
neverforget is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread