The Amazing and Remarkable Monica Niculescu - Page 154 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 4th, 2013, 03:34 AM   #2296
country flag codrutc

codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all
Re: The Amazing and Remarkable Monica Niculescu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncurv View Post
Lucky you! Here it's almost 3 in the morning
Wait until they move to Europe, the roles will be reversed.
Good match, I am happy she made the 3rd set short.
codrutc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 4th, 2013, 06:48 AM   #2297
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Wickmayer is only a shadow of her former self. I fully expect Monica to pass her in the Rankings this year.

QF against Babos.

Routined her in Florianopolis. Should beat her here as well, although Timea is a better Player on these quick Courts.
Old Apr 4th, 2013, 08:30 AM   #2298
Tennis Fool

Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute Tennis Fool has a reputation beyond repute

Final score: 64 36 61 in just under two hours. First win against Yanina!
PUTINTSEVA #1 PLAYER

MakarovaPavlyuchenkovaBarthelLisickiBeck DoloncTwinPliskovasPutintsevaPuchkovaSirotkinaPfizenmaier GavrilovaMituScholl
Tennis Fool is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4th, 2013, 10:19 AM   #2299
country flag Shvedbarilescu
Everybody's a star!!!

Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute Shvedbarilescu has a reputation beyond repute

So....Timea Babos next. That will be fun. I am definitely warming to Timea. She is one of the few players of the younger generation that seems to use a lot slice. She even slices on her forehand side quite a bit, probably almost as much as Pironkova. Her slice helped her a lot against Ivanovic, but overall I do think there is still quite a lot of room for improvement in her slices and she doesn't always use the shot as effectively as it can be used. But I hope she sticks at it, girls who slice a lot do tend to take longer to develop, but this has been a good year for the slice and we are seeing quite a few players this year showing how effective it can be.

All that said, in the battle of forehand slices, there can be only one winner. And even though Timea obviously loves these Mexican courts, I am looking foreword to Monica giving the youngster another valuable lesson.
Old Apr 4th, 2013, 12:39 PM   #2300
country flag Belle de Jour

Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future

Keep it going, girl!
I want to see you play in Sofia in November
Belle de Jour is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4th, 2013, 06:11 PM   #2301
country flag codrutc

codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all codrutc is a name known to all

After her win against Babos in Florianopolis I think Monica should be favorite again. By looking at the remaining players in the tournament I wouldn't be surprised if she wins the whole thing.
Old Apr 4th, 2013, 06:54 PM   #2302
country flag Dorien.
Proud Momosapien ♥

Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute Dorien. has a reputation beyond repute

Well done Monica

Andrea Petkovic - Sara Errani - Jarka Gajdosova - Alizé Cornet
Dorien. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5th, 2013, 09:59 AM   #2303
country flag Djezonfly
Wimbledon Champion

Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by codrutc View Post
After her win against Babos in Florianopolis I think Monica should be favorite again. By looking at the remaining players in the tournament I wouldn't be surprised if she wins the whole thing.
I agree. Angelique is the only player I don't see her beat.

Djezonfly is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5th, 2013, 03:12 PM   #2304
country flag soimu

soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all soimu is a name known to all

Monica doing her job as usual.
NICULESCU----- Olaru Dinu A.Bogdan
soimu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5th, 2013, 09:57 PM   #2305
country flag Belle de Jour

Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future Belle de Jour has a brilliant future

This girl amazes me more and more.
Babos proves to be a tougher opponent than expected, but no it actually makes sense, she's the defending champion and took out Ivanovic. But what's with the screaming?
Belle de Jour is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5th, 2013, 09:57 PM   #2306
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

won the 1st set 7-5

The highlight was definitely one serve of hers that was so short that it was dangerous.
Drop shot serve - your fave could never.

Monica taking an MTO. She is far away from her best, but showed guts.

EDIT: Just a blister it seems.
Old Apr 5th, 2013, 10:04 PM   #2307
country flag grs

grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of grs has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curcubeu View Post
won the 1st set 7-5

The highlight was definitely one serve of hers that was so short that it was dangerous.
Drop shot serve - your fave could never.
She did it on purpose so short. It was amazing how surprised was Babos.
grs is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5th, 2013, 10:08 PM   #2308
country flag Curcubeu

Should have broken here...

Babos is quite annoying.
Old Apr 5th, 2013, 10:42 PM   #2309
country flag codrutc

Why is Monica so hysteric? I've never seen her like that. She is going to break that racket.
Old Apr 5th, 2013, 10:49 PM   #2310
country flag Curcubeu

7-5 6-2

Should have been a bagel in that second set as Timea was bascially finished, but Monica on the other hand decided to be a bit on the mental-dramatic side for no reason.

Patchy match from her though, opponent self-destructed, case closed.