Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6 - Page 112 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Apr 4th, 2013, 01:19 AM   #1666
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by terjw View Post
I think Piotr should try to discuss something like a serve coach for a specific separate aspect. This just might have a chance because Piotr will still be there for all the coaching and it shouldn't cause any confusion. If it did work out - who knows if she might start to come round with trusting someone other than her Dad.
That's exactly what she does now but with Sven and through the Adidas programme?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 4th, 2013, 01:21 AM   #1667
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
As AI has proven in spades,APDP is about as useless as teats on a bull when it comes to major technical issues.They'd be more helpful with offering their facilities for minor tinkering.However,Graf and Agassi will apparently provide their assistance at times,so maybe Steffi could offer some nuggets of wisdom if Caro were interested
If you get sent to Cambridge University, you can really only blame the student if you leave with a fail. Don't judge the Uni based on AI's learning abilities.
Old Apr 4th, 2013, 01:49 AM   #1668
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burisleif View Post
If you get sent to Cambridge University, you can really only blame the student if you leave with a fail. Don't judge the Uni based on AI's learning abilities.
Okay,I'll keep that in mind,but I thought that YOU had posted,some time in the past,that APDP wasn't supposed to take the place of intense coaching...that it was a mere supplement.Aye DID put a positive spin on the potential benefit of Steffi and Caro working together

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

W(PE)TA: Women's Pathetic Enabler Tennis Association

LOOK! It's CLEAR; Carousel is a LIE! You don't HAVE to die! You can LIVE; LIVE and GROW OLD!
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 4th, 2013, 03:49 AM   #1669
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

At the very least can Caro please stop working with the Adidas development program if she has yet has another year with lack of technical progress or even worse regression? Sigh.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is online now View My Blog!  
Old Apr 4th, 2013, 05:07 AM   #1670
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Is it just my imagination,or is Caro talking a little faster than normal in her post-match interview vid?Maybe she was just in a hurry to see Rory

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

LOOK! It's CLEAR; Carousel is a LIE! You don't HAVE to die! You can LIVE; LIVE and GROW OLD!
Old Apr 4th, 2013, 10:26 AM   #1671
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute

Caroline into Charleston R3 !

Nice match in R2. Caroline loves Charleston and the green clay. She always plays very well there. Caroline reached the final in 2009, the SF in 2010 and won the title in 2011. With wins over Jankovic, Dementieva, Petrova and Schnyder. She should reach the final again. Interesting R3 match vs Petkovic. Head To Head is 2-1 for Caroline.

Good Luck
Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki N. Petrova M. Hingis
T. Paszek A. Chakvetadze K. Sprem J. Dokic I. Tulyaganova A. Myskina
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
rucolo is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 4th, 2013, 10:30 AM   #1672
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
At the very least can Caro please stop working with the Adidas development program if she has yet has another year with lack of technical progress or even worse regression? Sigh.
Lack of improvement of her serve, forehand, volleying.. that isnt even the biggest problem. The biggest problem is that she lost her consistency. She has to get the hunger back. Thats what the top players have. They hate losing. She used to win half her tournaments while her forehand, serve and volleying all needed to improve.
And thats what her team should have been doing, trying to slowly improve those elements while she remains a steady consistent player.
I think she has to get the mental toughness back first. Why was she losing the first set to Pliskova, Muguruza, twice to Sveta? I think if they can solve that, she can make a lot of progress
Now its about 20 months since she won her 4th straight New haven, and she only won 2 titles in those 20 months. A very small Intl in Korea and the week before the YEC, where she beat a decent Tier 2 field. Probably tired at the end of the year, but a decent filed.
Over 20 months she would win 10-12 titles back in 2010,11. With slam semis.
If she can get the mental part back, the little improvements should come in the years after that
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 4th, 2013, 10:31 AM   #1673
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
Agreed. During 2011 and 2012 she showed very little, arguably no, growth and improvement as a player. Surely if the same is true by the end of 2013 it is reasonable for her to make a change? It has been pointed out by others before but the A.P.D.P. doesn't have an impressive record of actually developing players, certainly not top ten level players. Caroline may be comfortable working with them but she also needs to take a look at the lack of results she is achieving with them.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 4th, 2013, 10:32 AM   #1674
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rucolo View Post
Caroline into Charleston R3 !

Nice match in R2. Caroline loves Charleston and the green clay. She always plays very well there. Caroline reached the final in 2009, the SF in 2010 and won the title in 2011. With wins over Jankovic, Dementieva, Petrova and Schnyder. She should reach the final again. Interesting R3 match vs Petkovic. Head To Head is 2-1 for Caroline.
I disagree. In 2012 she did not win a single match in Charleston.

Old Apr 4th, 2013, 10:35 AM   #1675
country flag DownInAHole

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
Lack of improvement of her serve, forehand, volleying.. that isnt even the biggest problem. The biggest problem is that she lost her consistency. She has to get the hunger back. Thats what the top players have. They hate losing. She used to win half her tournaments while her forehand, serve and volleying all needed to improve.
And thats what her team should have been doing, trying to slowly improve those elements while she remains a steady consistent player.
I think she has to get the mental toughness back first. Why was she losing the first set to Pliskova, Muguruza, twice to Sveta? I think if they can solve that, she cn make a lot of progress
Now its about 20 months since she won her 4th straight New haven, and she only won 2 titles in those 20 months. A very small Intl in Korea and the week before the YEC, where she beat a decent Tier 2 field. Probably tired at the end of the year, but a decent filed.
Over 20 months she would win 10-12 titles back in 2010,11. With slam semis.
If she can get the mental part back, the little improvements should come in the years after that
A strong argument could be made that the two are connected. If she can improve her game that should make it easier to improve her consistency.

Old Apr 4th, 2013, 11:47 AM   #1676
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
A strong argument could be made that the two are connected. If she can improve her game that should make it easier to improve her consistency.
Maybe. I think she knew how to use her skillset, and was very successful even with limitations.
Like I said, Caro & Kim won everything above Tier 2 for nine months. From after Serena won Wimbledon 2010 right thru IW 2011. Even after that streak was broken when Vika won Miami, Caro still won about 10 matches in a row, winning Charleston & reaching the Stuttgart final
This is a different player now, but she doesnt need all these improvements to beat Pervak, Mchale, Muguruza, and a lot of players she lost to. Look at those last 2 points against Kvitova from 4-5 deuce. We werent shaking our heads at how she could make unforced errors like that in those key moments, 2-3 years ago

It might be hanging out with Rory, who has a 30 year career ahead of him with no majors until mid-April. He's very laid back, confident he can lose form for months & then cycle back and still win a major.
In tennis, very few players fall back like Caro did, without a big injury, then cycle back.
Usually its like Jankovic and Ivanovic, where its very hard to get back the consistency and confidence in tennis
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 4th, 2013, 01:29 PM   #1677
country flag bruce goose

Horny Petkovic is a fairly interesting case;unlike the WTA's worst sluts,Andrea didn't get injured by being out of shape.Apparently,she OVER-trained and left her bones susceptible to stress-related fractures by not allowing her body time to rest.I suppose that Caro was lucky to not get similarly hurt in 2009.

Just a guess but,since Andrea has admitted that she wasted a couple of her younger years by partying,perhaps her excessively-rigorous training regimen was an attempt to (OVER)compensate for that.Good luck to her on the road back...just not so much luck against Caroline

Old Apr 4th, 2013, 01:59 PM   #1678
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

Andrea Petkovic withdraws from Charleston. Wozniacki gets a walkover. Disappointing, but Petkovic mentioned her knee swelled after Miami.‏@SI_BTBaseline

A.Radwańska | Halep | Wozniacki | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | S. Crawford | Chirico | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková | Soylu
Trey is online now View My Blog!  
Old Apr 4th, 2013, 02:08 PM   #1679
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey View Post
Andrea Petkovic withdraws from Charleston. Wozniacki gets a walkover. Disappointing, but Petkovic mentioned her knee swelled after Miami.‏@SI_BTBaseline
Poor Petko.

She just can't have any luck with her body.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is online now View My Blog!  
Old Apr 4th, 2013, 02:15 PM   #1680
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Brilliant. I can just imagine the sour pussies whining in GM (GL recovering Petkodance. I have nothing against you).

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread