Miami FINAL: [1] Queen Serena def. [3] Maria Sharapova 4-6 6-3 6-0 - Page 107 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Apr 4th, 2013, 01:21 AM   #1591
country flag crescentmoon

crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Miami FINAL: [1] Queen Serena def. [3] Maria Sharapova 4-6 6-3 6-0

The best set of tennis Sharapova played was when she lost the 3 rd set with a bagel, LOL.
crescentmoon is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 4th, 2013, 01:21 AM   #1592
country flag it-girl
Veelieving!!!!!!!

it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute

I think what people are missing here is just because the media chooses to hype Maria up even in matches vs Serena is because they are desperate to have stars who can carry the tour when Venus & Serena retire. They are investing in Maria now for hopes that she can pull this off. The only problem is that Maria has just as many people who dislike/hate her as she does fans & the media can thank themselves for that. Her appeal does not transcend the sport to the everyday household who could careless about tennis.

When Maria became a star that did not change the fact that Venus and Serena are superstars. Their legacy is cemented & speaks for itself. They have brand name recognition because they have reached icon status. Brand names speak for themselves & do not require hyping. Their careers and legacy have made then global icons. They are household names even for those who do not watch tennis. I live in the states & people are sadly mistaken when they think Maria is more famous here than either of the sisters.

Most people I know outside of tennis have never even heard of Maria and that's not knocking Maria, that's just being honest. But every single tennis fan that I know, knows who Maria is. Before I started watching or playing tennis I had heard about Venus & Serena several times but I only knew of Maria when I started watching the sport. The same goes for Hingis, Davenport, Capriati, Henin & Clijsters to name a few. I had not heard of them nor had I heard of Chris Evert, Anna Kournikova, Seles, Graff or Naratilova. The only other tennis players I heard of before watching was Agassi & Billie Jean. I did not even know who Pete Sampras was until I started watching the sport.

As tennis fans I think people think that most people outside of the sport are aware of most of the players and that's just not true. The players that get the most recognition outside of the sport are the ones who changed the sport in some way with their talent and their humanitarian work.

Let's just put it like this, there is Justine Bieber (I just threw up a little) who has little girls screaming all over him and no doubt he has a huge following on facebook. Justine is newer superstar to the music industry who is hyped far beyond his talent. Then you have Michael Jackson & that name speaks for itself, no hype needed at all. My point is there are many stars but there are different degrees even in stardom. No matter how much Maria's fans love her she will never pass Serena because she will never accomplish what Serena has. Maria has her own success & her fans should be happy with that. There is no need to compare her to Serena because they are in different leagues.

And now you can see they are even desperate to hype Sloane Stephens up because they need several stars to be around when Venus & Serena calls it quits. They cannot rely on Maria alone because she does not appeal enough on her own. The ratings prove that. And for the people talking about Indian Wells, I watched it for Nadal. All of his matches were full while I saw several empty seats in several of the women's matches. The media has to hype Maria up because she has not reached that icon status & at this point I'm not sure if she ever will.

VEELIEVER ♥ RENA'S ARMY♥
it-girl is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 4th, 2013, 01:23 AM   #1593
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

Justine Bieber
But your post was great, and very objective I think Masha needs to tally her slam count before she can even consider crossing the next level of tennis fame tbh

Last edited by Cosmic Voices : Apr 4th, 2013 at 01:32 AM.
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 4th, 2013, 01:44 AM   #1594
country flag Vincey!

Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute Vincey! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by crescentmoon View Post
Well, you should keep up with the thread hourly because many posts were deleted. The posts with the N word were deleted within minutes.
oh I'm not saying that because some people bit on some desperate cheap insults like calling someone the N-word. That's rude and disgusting. I'm only tired of some Williams fans claiming that media and mostly everyone are not praising Serena's feet because she's black. That if she'd be white people would act differently with her. That Media hyped Sharapova cuz she is white. All that is bullshit and only insecurities. Every time someone says something against Serena or Venus or Sloane, you'll see some fans (always the same usually) claiming it,s based on racism. I'd be curious to know what's the percentage of people who believes and claims that Serena is being discriminated by the majority of people and media that are African American themselves.

I'm sorry but they tend to paranoid. Not only African American but minorities in general usually call racism or sexism on everythign and anything. It's tiring and doesn't help you or anyone since they base argument on something that is totally irrelevant to the topic.

"You're wasting your time,Go home and have a beer!" - Maria Sharapova-
Vincey! is online now View My Blog!  
Old Apr 4th, 2013, 01:55 AM   #1595
country flag Joelina

Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future

Like what has changed in Serena game after injuries and knee surgery? She has became a step slower, thats all while Maria had to change many parts of her game and most important her serve will never be the same. Serena could even evolve better serve and her movement is still solid. you can't say that Maria is the same player as before the surgery, its not and excuse but this is truth

Kvitova Ivanovic Cepelova Hantuchova Jankovic
Joelina is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 4th, 2013, 02:01 AM   #1596
country flag it-girl
Veelieving!!!!!!!

it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute it-girl has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joelina View Post
Like what has changed in Serena game after injuries and knee surgery? She has became a step slower, thats all while Maria had to change many parts of her game and most important her serve will never be the same. Serena could even evolve better serve and her movement is still solid. you can't say that Maria is the same player as before the surgery, its not and excuse but this is truth
But her results according to her standard are back on par which means that she has found a way to win. They both have. I believe Maria is used to what she has now & is now able to use it to the best of her ability, the same goes for Serena.

VEELIEVER ♥ RENA'S ARMY♥
it-girl is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 4th, 2013, 02:18 AM   #1597
country flag miffedmax
Worshipping the bangs

miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute miffedmax has a reputation beyond repute

Then why are you talking about Vika?

THIS THREAD IS GETTING MORE COMPLAINTS THAN ALL THE OTHER THREADS COMBINED.

We're done.
"I read on the internet that there is something chipmunky about me :-)"--Andrea H.

Elena Viatcheslavovna Dementieva--Eternal Goddess of the Divine Bangs

Last edited by miffedmax : Apr 4th, 2013 at 02:36 AM.
miffedmax is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread