Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6 - Page 111 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Apr 3rd, 2013, 07:52 PM   #1651
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
So if Caro is still stuck in the bottom part of the top 10 or even lower ranked in about a year or two, she would keep Piotr as her coach? That sounds like a lack of ambition or hunger from Caro.
It is what it is and what it has always been.

During Caro's junior years, Piotr tried numerous times to bring in other people and other coaches (not just for technical training), but every attempt stalled, as Caro wasn't comfortable working with anyone else than Piotr as 'head' coach.

Forcing her - if that was possible - to work with someone else, because the moral majority doesn't like Piotr, isn't going to be beneficiary for Caro's game.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is online now View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 3rd, 2013, 07:57 PM   #1652
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post

During Caro's junior years, Piotr tried numerous times to bring in other people and other coaches (not just for technical training), but every attempt stalled, as Caro wasn't comfortable working with anyone else than Piotr as 'head' coach.

Forcing her - if that was possible - to work with someone else, because the moral majority doesn't like Piotr, isn't going to be beneficiary for Caro's game.
You're right;even if Denmark were like the PRC where the government could just about force her to work with a certain coach,it wouldn't be productive if Caro didn't want it.......The fact that she won't consider it under any circumstances,it seems,speaks to over-dependency in re her tennis career....and many would call that 'weakness'

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

W(PE)TA: Women's Pathetic Enabler Tennis Association

LOOK! It's CLEAR; Carousel is a LIE! You don't HAVE to die! You can LIVE; LIVE and GROW OLD!
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 3rd, 2013, 08:11 PM   #1653
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

@SI_BTBaseline Wozniacki tells press she thinks she'll stay with father Piotr as her coach until the end of her career

A.Radwańska | Halep | Wozniacki | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | S. Crawford | Chirico | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková | Soylu
Trey is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 3rd, 2013, 08:21 PM   #1654
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I think Piotr should try to discuss something like a serve coach for a specific separate aspect. This just might have a chance because Piotr will still be there for all the coaching and it shouldn't cause any confusion. If it did work out - who knows if she might start to come round with trusting someone other than her Dad.

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters
terjw is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 3rd, 2013, 08:26 PM   #1655
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by terjw View Post
I think Piotr should try to discuss something like a serve coach for a specific separate aspect. This just might have a chance because Piotr will still be there for all the coaching and it shouldn't cause any confusion. If it did work out - who knows if she might start to come round with trusting someone other than her Dad.
I totally agree I do think one day she will start too trust someone other than her dad as a coach

A.Radwańska | Halep | Wozniacki | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | S. Crawford | Chirico | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková | Soylu
Trey is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 3rd, 2013, 08:33 PM   #1656
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
You're right;even if Denmark were like the PRC where the government could just about force her to work with a certain coach,it wouldn't be productive if Caro didn't want it.......The fact that she won't consider it under any circumstances,it seems,speaks to over-dependency in re her tennis career....and many would call that 'weakness'
...or strenght. Kinda like, "I'm the one who decides who I'm working with, and not you guys from the media, former players, pundits or bloggers. And if I want to work with my dad I work with my dad, and those that have a problem with that can stick it where the sun don't shine." And seriously, he's probably not as bad a coach as he's made out to be. Having said that, I would like someone other than Piotr to work with her full time on the technical stuff. Doesn't matter what we think though. The girl has made up her mind, let's hope for the best.

Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!  
Old Apr 3rd, 2013, 08:37 PM   #1657
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

I dont care what she says about the long term future.
Lets see if she can have a good clay season. In 2011 she won Charleston & Brussels, was in the final of Stuttgart and SF Rome. If she is playing well, she can beat most players on clay.
I think clay is probably best surface for her to focus because its harder for opponents to have short points, especially red clay
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Apr 3rd, 2013, 08:59 PM   #1658
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
...or strenght. Kinda like, "I'm the one who decides who I'm working with, and not you guys from the media, former players, pundits or bloggers. And if I want to work with my dad I work with my dad, and those that have a problem with that can stick it where the sun don't shine." And seriously, he's probably not as bad a coach as he's made out to be. Having said that, I would like someone other than Piotr to work with her full time on the technical stuff. Doesn't matter what we think though. The girl has made up her mind, let's hope for the best.
Hehe. Exactly. Bloggers and pundits don't decide. They are paid (or some are) for an opinion, which obviously has to be 'controversial' to even be noticed.

As for 'technical stuff' (and it is not directed at you Chrissie) I do sometimes despair, when reading comments. Piotr never has claimed to be her technical trainer (technical coach).

The coaching/trainer situation is often simplified to the ridiculous. As if Piotr was the only contact Caro had to the tennis world.

She's worked with numerous people throughout the years. Call them advisers, technical trainers and view Piotr as the 'head' coach, who is in charge of planning, coordination and mental strategy.

Right now, Caro's main 'technical' coaches are the Adidas team.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is online now View My Blog!  
Old Apr 3rd, 2013, 09:06 PM   #1659
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
That's being generous,calling it 'strength'...sort of like the person who refuses to go inside as the tornado approaches because he/she thinks that he/she can send it away with her own willpower by raising a hand up to the heavens.Stubbornness is often weakness DISGUISED as strength of will....Caro would EARN more respect for her decisions if those decisions peoduced better results......That's just Life;if you make STUPID decisions,then people won't respect your choices as much they do for those who have demonstrated their wisdom clearly

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

LOOK! It's CLEAR; Carousel is a LIE! You don't HAVE to die! You can LIVE; LIVE and GROW OLD!
Old Apr 3rd, 2013, 10:28 PM   #1660
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
That's being generous,calling it 'strength'...sort of like the person who refuses to go inside as the tornado approaches because he/she thinks that he/she can send it away with her own willpower by raising a hand up to the heavens.Stubbornness is often weakness DISGUISED as strength of will....Caro would EARN more respect for her decisions if those decisions peoduced better results......That's just Life;if you make STUPID decisions,then people won't respect your choices as much they do for those who have demonstrated their wisdom clearly
Well, we don't really know for a fact if she is making a stupid descision by sticking with Piotr, we just think we do. If she would dump him for someone else and two years from now she's ranked #50 no one in the media OR any of us for that matter will give her a pat on the back for being so courageous for dumping her dad. We'll end up saying that it's the worst thing she ever did and they/we'll choose to forget our words of two years earlier.

We have opinions (and I'm no different) about the coaching situation, but it's all based on our gut feelings - it's not as though we're part of her inner circle and really know how good or bad Piotr is as a coach. I've always been in favor of stability as opposed to switching coaches every couple of months with everyone of them telling her different things that will only end up confusing her. If she wants Piotr, fine. If she wants Sanchez, fine. If she wants TJ, fine. If she wants someone else, fine. Just make up your mind and stick with it. She seems to have done that now and I'm ok with it, although I still like the idea of outside help to work full time on certain aspects of her technique, especially the service and forehand.

Old Apr 3rd, 2013, 10:32 PM   #1661
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Right now, Caro's main 'technical' coaches are the Adidas team.
I know, but are they available whenever she needs them? Do they work with her on a daily basis?

Old Apr 3rd, 2013, 10:41 PM   #1662
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

BTW - HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRUCE GOOSE!!! I hope you're having a nice day.

PS: I WILL reply to your pm tomorrow. I didn't get around to it today because each time I wanted to something or someone interfered. You know how it goes....it's been one of those days.

Old Apr 3rd, 2013, 10:45 PM   #1663
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Well, we don't really know for a fact if she is making a stupid descision by sticking with Piotr, we just think we do. If she would dump him for someone else and two years from now she's ranked #50 no one in the media OR any of us for that matter will give her a pat on the back for being so courageous for dumping her dad. We'll end up saying that it's the worst thing she ever did and they/we'll choose to forget our words of two years earlier.

We have opinions (and I'm no different) about the coaching situation, but it's all based on our gut feelings - it's not as though we're part of her inner circle and really know how good or bad Piotr is as a coach. I've always been in favor of stability as opposed to switching coaches every couple of months with everyone of them telling her different things that will only end up confusing her. If she wants Piotr, fine. If she wants Sanchez, fine. If she wants TJ, fine. If she wants someone else, fine. Just make up your mind and stick with it. She seems to have done that now and I'm ok with it, although I still like the idea of outside help to work full time on certain aspects of her technique, especially the service and forehand.
Agree with most all of this,and I didn't really mean that sticking with Piotr was stupid,per se,but I didn't express myself very well in the post.By itself,staying with Piotr isn't necessarily stupid;that's quite a subjective judgment.Having the attitude that she'll keep Piotr as her primary coach NO MATTER WHAT--and won't even consider anyone else--that's just ignorant.

More Definitive bad decisions from Caroline would include:
Refusing to get a service coach
Almost never playing doubles(losing chances to work on her volleying)
Going insane with the Aggression Game last year
Overplaying and wearing herself out to complete exhaustion for YEC
The racket switch,back when she was #1(to be fair,that might belong more in the Subjective category)

I don't believe in the modernist B.S. philosophy that we should respect all decisions.We must,outside of the PRC and Vietnam,respect everyone's freedom to MAKE decisions,but we don't have to respect the decisions themselves if they're foolhardy.I've often laughed in someone's face when he/she had a history of foolishness and acted as if I should trust in his/her decision-making ability.I'm not saying that Caroline is THAT bad,yet she need only look in the mirror if she wants to know who's to blame for why many folks doubt her career planning arc

Old Apr 3rd, 2013, 10:52 PM   #1664
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
BTW - HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRUCE GOOSE!!! I hope you're having a nice day.

PS: I WILL reply to your pm tomorrow. I didn't get around to it today because each time I wanted to something or someone interfered. You know how it goes....it's been one of those days.
Uhhhh,thank you,but that wasn't really meant for open forum.I'm not pissed off at all,but let's keep PM stuff within PMs in the future,okay?

Wait,I take that back!Caro just read your post and sent me a text message offering to oil wrestle Makiri at my house,best four-out-of-seven pinfalls,as a belated birthday present when Charleston ends.Thank you Caro and Chrissie-fan

Old Apr 3rd, 2013, 10:58 PM   #1665
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
I know, but are they available whenever she needs them? Do they work with her on a daily basis?
As AI has proven in spades,APDP is about as useless as teats on a bull when it comes to major technical issues.They'd be more helpful with offering their facilities for minor tinkering.However,Graf and Agassi will apparently provide their assistance at times,so maybe Steffi could offer some nuggets of wisdom if Caro were interested

Closed Thread