Petra Kvitova News and Articles - Page 149 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 3rd, 2013, 06:44 PM   #2221
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Petra Kvitova News and Articles

Queen of Aces with Petra Kvitova
Quote:
What’s the best match you have ever played?
I think the best match I’ve ever played – although perhaps it wasn’t my best tennis - was the final of Wimbledon when I beat Maria Sharapova. It was a very special moment.

What’s the worst?
Well, I think it would probably be the semi-final at the Australian Open last year when I lost to Maria Sharapova. I had lots of chances to break her and maybe win the match but unfortunately I lost in the end. There are possibly matches where I played worse tennis, but this one was a disappointing loss.

If you could play a match against any player from history, who would it be and why?
When I was growing up my idol was Martina Navratilova so it would be very nice for me to hit with her. I think for us Czechs, Martina is a legend for us.

What’s your comfort food/guilty pleasure if you lose a match?
I’m usually not too bad after a loss, sometimes it can take a day to get over, sometimes hours, and sometimes just five minutes (laughs). I usually try not to dwell on the past and head off to the movies or something, rather than comfort food after a loss.

Who was your idol growing up?
Martina Navratilova

What’s the strangest thing you’ve ever been sent by a fan?

Hmmm, well I get sent a lot of photos to autograph, which my Dad helps me with sending them back. I did once get sent a lucky bear, but nothing that strange yet! Only nice things.

What strange thing is regularly in your suitcase as you travel round the world?
Gosh, I’m not sure I have anything strange in my suitcase....it’s just packed full of shoes and clothes mainly! I think I’m pretty normal....I hope I am! (Laughs)

What would be your last meal on earth?
For sure it would be sushi. It doesn’t matter if it’s lunch or dinner. Maybe both! (Laughs) I love dragon rolls.

What’s the one object you couldn’t live without?
I’m travelling so much, so I’d say my phone. It’s so important to help me stay connected with my friends and family.

Craziest or funniest question you’ve ever been asked in a press conference?
It wasn’t directed to me, but we had a press conference once for our Fed Cup team in Belgium, I think. It was a press conference that lasted for 10 minutes or so, and at the end, the last question was to our captain, who got asked when we would arrive for the tie…which was pretty funny because we obviously had already arrived because we were sitting there for the press conference!
source

Old Channel

Treachery is a virus
ShiftyFella is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 8th, 2013, 10:07 PM   #2222
country flag ArcticMoose

ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold ArcticMoose is a splendid one to behold

Kvitova Headline Act In Katowice

Petra Kvitova tops the bill as the European clay court season kicks off at the inaugural BNP Paribas Katowice Open.
Published April 07, 2013 07:32
Petra Kvitova

KATOWICE, Poland - Save for the occasional Fed Cup tie, Petra Kvitova has been shorn of the opportunity to appear on home soil since 2010. And while next week's inaugural BNP Paribas Katowice Open is not technically in her native Czech Republic, in the globetrotting world of a leading tennis player, it is as good as on her doorstep.

The tournament, hosted at the futuristic-looking Spodek arena, is just a two-hour drive from Kvitova's home across the Czech-Polish border in Fulnek, offering her the ideal launch pad for the 2013 clay court season. But, it is not just the location that is ideally suited to the Czech's needs.

Katowice is - alongside Stuttgart - one of just two indoor clay events on the calendar, a fact that is a boon to Kvitova, who in recent years has produced her best tennis when the elements have been removed from the equation.

Not that the top seed is likely to have it all her own way; she is joined in the draw by eight other former clay court title winners, including the high-flying Roberta Vinci.

On the back of a quarterfinal run in Miami, Vinci reached a career-high ranking on No.13 last Monday and, despite turning 30 in February, is currently playing some of the best tennis of her career.

However, the Italian has not been handed the easiest of draws in Poland. Should she see off the mercurial Andrea Hlavackova first up, she will play the winner of the first round encounter between two of the WTA's bright young things, Kiki Bertens and Lara Arruabarrena.

Also in Vinci's half of the draw are the hard-hitting trio of Klara Zakopalova, Kaia Kanepi and Laura Robson, who are seeded No.3, No.6 and No.8 respectively. Meanwhile, Julia Goerges, Alizé Cornet and Sabine Lisicki will be providing principal competition in Kvitova's half.
ArcticMoose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8th, 2013, 11:00 PM   #2223
country flag mac47

mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute mac47 has a reputation beyond repute

Watch out for Kaia. Her 2010 Wimbledon QF with Petra was the most incredible match. When she's on, she can annihilate anyone.
“It's not as if everything revolves around me now that I've won Wimbledon for the second time — as if I'll just sit on my ass at home and send someone to do my shopping for me.” — the lovely and humble Petra Kvitová
mac47 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9th, 2013, 08:22 AM   #2224
country flag Lufa

Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all Lufa is a name known to all

Well, not good: Petra was sick at home, trained only a little, and still feeling pretty weak
http://sport.idnes.cz/tenis-kvitova-...1441_tenis_rou
Lufa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9th, 2013, 09:21 AM   #2225
country flag Petronius

Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lufa View Post
Well, not good: Petra was sick at home, trained only a little, and still feeling pretty weak
At least the organizers provided her with a car and a driver. Plus no Kotyza there.

I wouldn't be shocked if she needed three sets to beat the Japanese player.
Petronius is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9th, 2013, 10:26 AM   #2226
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lufa View Post
Who can post full article? they don't want to accept my phone to gain access

Old Channel

Treachery is a virus
Old Apr 9th, 2013, 11:05 AM   #2227
country flag *Jack*

*Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiftyFella View Post
Who can post full article? they don't want to accept my phone to gain access
Quote:
Titul v Katovicích? Tak žhavé to nebude, říká tenistka Kvitová
9. dubna 2013 6:48

Po nedávném příletu z floridských pařáků do prapodivného českého jara tenistka Petra Kvitová onemocněla. "Měla jsem teploty, pořád se cítím slabá, trénovala jsem jen hodinu denně z místa," řekla v pondělí, když se rozkoukávala na turnaji WTA v polských Katovicích. I proto si na svém prvním letošním antukovém turnaji nějak zvlášť netroufá.

Na novém podniku ve městě nedaleko česko-polských hranic je hlavní hvězdou. První nasazená hráčka zve diváky z poutacích plakátů do futuristicky vyhlížející arény Spodek, jež byla otevřena v roce 1971 a připomíná létající talíř.

Pořadatelé pro ni do Prostějova poslali auto s řidičem, pročež Kvitová cestou míjela odbočku na Fulnek, odkud pochází. "Bylo to super!" řekla v rozhovoru pro MF DNES tenistka, která se jinak za prací musí trmácet letadlem.

V Katovicích ji tentokrát provází psycholog Michal Šafář, kouč David Kotyza má pár dní volna. Už několikrát se v minulosti stalo, že Kvitová na turnaji bez Kotyzy dosáhla na titul. Takže je jasné, komu se o víkendu bude předávat trofej?

"Tak žhavé to nebude," říká s úsměvem Kvitová. "Musím si zvyknout na jiný pohyb i nepravidelné odskoky míčů na antuce. Navíc se necítím moc dobře po nemoci."

V 1. kole se ve středu utká s maličkou levorukou Japonkou Doiovou, 88. na světě. Kvitová je aktuálně na žebříčku osmá.

Dalšími hvězdami v Katovicích jsou Němky Görgesová s Lisickou, Britka Robsonová, Italka Vinciová nebo také Klára Zakopalová, které by postup do semifinále zaručil poprvé v životě místo v Top 20.

Organizátoři se všemožně snažili zajistit start domácí jedničky Agnieszky Radwaňské, jenže členky elitní desítky si podle pravidel WTA smějí vybrat jen jeden menší turnaj. A Radwaňská už v lednu hrála v Aucklandu.

Proto s radostí přijali Kvitovou, jíž se antuková akce v Katovicích skvěle hodí jako příprava před semifinále Fed Cupu. Také očekávaný souboj s Italkami na Sicílii se totiž příští víkend koná na "oranžové špíně".

"Bude to tam strašně těžké," říká nejlepší Češka. "Italky mají formu, silný pár do deblu, povrch si připraví podle svých představ. Ale zkusíme je porazit. Není to nemožné!"

Zdroj: http://sport.idnes.cz/
Here it is.

And I hope that Petra is gonna be alright even thought she was sick. At least at the start of the tournament there are no such a tough player so it is possible. But also, it's possible that she'll play only a few matches and withdrew so she could be ready for Fed Cup.
*Jack* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9th, 2013, 11:35 AM   #2228
country flag ShiftyFella

I was taking about full version of interview in MFDnes not online version or it's the same? First they screwed ipad app and you can't resubscribe, now they don't want to accept my number from website

btw, She has whole week before FedCup no need to w\d, also with win in Katowice she can easily tank Stuttgart cos unless she reaches final there her results would mean nothing on her rankings if she lifts Katowice trophy, more important good results in Madrid\Rome

Old Channel

Treachery is a virus
Old Apr 9th, 2013, 01:44 PM   #2229
country flag Petronius

Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute Petronius has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Jack* View Post
Here it is.
Copyright infringement?

I hope no-one from idnes.cz EVER reaches this forum

EDIT: idnes tennis section also posted a cute interview with one of Ivan Lendl's five daughters

Last edited by Petronius : Apr 9th, 2013 at 02:58 PM.
Old Apr 9th, 2013, 06:06 PM   #2230
country flag *Jack*

*Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold *Jack* is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiftyFella View Post
I was taking about full version of interview in MFDnes not online version or it's the same? First they screwed ipad app and you can't resubscribe, now they don't want to accept my number from website

btw, She has whole week before FedCup no need to w\d, also with win in Katowice she can easily tank Stuttgart cos unless she reaches final there her results would mean nothing on her rankings if she lifts Katowice trophy, more important good results in Madrid\Rome
I don't know if there is some longer version but I don't think so it is something like short article rather than a normal type interview. And I've just copied this because you were writing that you can't open the website or something like that.
I meant withdrew because of that cold which could come back after the physical load from the matches.

And of course, Madrid and Rome are much more important, but they're not as close as Katowice in terms of time and I'd like to see some matches with her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petronius View Post
Copyright infringement?

I hope no-one from idnes.cz EVER reaches this forum

EDIT: idnes tennis section also posted a cute interview with one of Ivan Lendl's five daughters
Well, I did include this: Zdroj: http://sport.idnes.cz/ So it should be enough.
Old Apr 9th, 2013, 07:06 PM   #2231
country flag Petronius

Quote:
Well, I did include this: Zdroj: http://sport.idnes.cz/ So it should be enough.
Hopefully yes.
Old Apr 9th, 2013, 07:53 PM   #2232
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

In her blog today,Kookie said that she had a hard time understanding her buddy Voracova sometimes when Renata has spoken in her Moravian accent.She also sort of implied that such folk use certain local slang that's not employed in the rest of the CR.Was Kookie just exaggerating,having a little fun at her friend's expense?Or is it true that Petra and other Czechs occasionally have difficulty grasping what people from the Moravian region are saying...perhaps when they're speaking quickly??

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

W(PE)TA: Women's Pathetic Enabler Tennis Association

LOOK! It's CLEAR; Carousel is a LIE! You don't HAVE to die! You can LIVE; LIVE and GROW OLD!
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9th, 2013, 09:00 PM   #2233
country flag *Jack*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
In her blog today,Kookie said that she had a hard time understanding her buddy Voracova sometimes when Renata has spoken in her Moravian accent.She also sort of implied that such folk use certain local slang that's not employed in the rest of the CR.Was Kookie just exaggerating,having a little fun at her friend's expense?Or is it true that Petra and other Czechs occasionally have difficulty grasping what people from the Moravian region are saying...perhaps when they're speaking quickly??
Well, in today's world I'd guess that it is just a little joke at her because it is possible that you don't understand a few words but I don't think so it would be so bad that you wouldn't understand at all.
The other thing is the older people from villages who uses their native dialect ("Nářečí" in Czech) that is connected with the part of Czech Republic they come from. The main difference between common language and dialects is in ending of the words (for example: verb carry - nesou, nesó, nesú, nesu, nesou; which means 'They carry' - 1st version is Bohemian, 2nd and 3rd Moravian, 4th Silesian - where is Fulnek - and 5th is Czech). But now the differences between dialects are disappearing and majority of the Czech people use The Common Czech language which is mainly based on Bohemian dialect.
That's what I - as non-educated person in this field - can say, hope it helps you to understand it a little.
Old Apr 9th, 2013, 09:07 PM   #2234
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well, in today's world I'd guess that it is just a little joke at her because it is possible that you don't understand a few words but I don't think so it would be so bad that you wouldn't understand at all.
The other thing is the older people from villages who uses their native dialect ("Nářečí" in Czech) that is connected with the part of Czech Republic they come from. The main difference between common language and dialects is in ending of the words (for example: verb carry - nesou, nesó, nesú, nesu, nesou; which means 'They carry' - 1st version is Bohemian, 2nd and 3rd Moravian, 4th Silesian - where is Fulnek - and 5th is Czech). But now the differences between dialects are disappearing and majority of the Czech people use The Common Czech language which is mainly based on Bohemian dialect.
That's what I - as non-educated person in this field - can say, hope it helps you to understand it a little.
Sure,thanks for explaining that clearly;you even included Petra's region in your explanation......but I'm not so sure why you include the "" in almost every post.Normally,that symbol indicates that you are disgusted with something,usually someone else's dumb behavior......It's not any sort of problem for me,but I was curious as to why you did that

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

W(PE)TA: Women's Pathetic Enabler Tennis Association

LOOK! It's CLEAR; Carousel is a LIE! You don't HAVE to die! You can LIVE; LIVE and GROW OLD!
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9th, 2013, 09:13 PM   #2235
country flag *Jack*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Sure,thanks for explaining that clearly;you even included Petra's region in your explanation......but I'm not so sure why you include the "" in almost every post.Normally,that symbol indicates that you are disgusted with something,usually someone else's dumb behavior......It's not any sort of problem for me,but I was curious as to why you did that
Well, I didn't know that, I was using this because I wanted to show that I'm thinking about it and that I'm not 100% sure. But I guess it is not right emotion for this. (now I wanted to use it again, damn! )