**** Maria's Official Social Media Thread **** - Page 53 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 3rd, 2013, 10:38 AM   #781
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute
Re: **** Maria's Official Twitter Thread ****

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy. View Post
I was like "thats what its called I dont get the joke" Then I forgot that Aust. and the US are the only 2 countries that call it that.
I thought it was called like that only in US :P and specially you Aussies that used to have a bond with the UK call it soccer, noooo
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieIWillKnow View Post
A part of my heart died when she said that

I know Masha isn't much into football, but I wonder if there is a team which her sympathies lie with?
I'd like to know too, I was already surprised she said she likes Lakers in NBA, I would say she was a Heat fan :P
Trih is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 3rd, 2013, 10:43 AM   #782
country flag AnnieIWillKnow

AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trih View Post
I thought it was called like that only in US :P and specially you Aussies that used to have a bond with the UK call it soccer, noooo

I'd like to know too, I was already surprised she said she likes Lakers in NBA, I would say she was a Heat fan :P
I think it's cause they have Aussie rules football, so they have to call actual football something else, much like how the Irish often refer to football as soccer, as they have Gaelic football.

Also, didn't Sascha play for the Lakers?
Old Apr 3rd, 2013, 11:46 AM   #783
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah he did, I didn't think about it
Trih is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3rd, 2013, 03:34 PM   #784
country flag peipei

peipei is just really nice peipei is just really nice peipei is just really nice peipei is just really nice peipei is just really nice peipei is just really nice peipei is just really nice peipei is just really nice peipei is just really nice peipei is just really nice peipei is just really nice

but she met sasha coz she went to lakers matches...so don't think she likes lakers becoz of him....
peipei is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3rd, 2013, 06:05 PM   #785
country flag Pimp_Me_Pova

Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by peipei View Post
but she met sasha coz she went to lakers matches...so don't think she likes lakers becoz of him....
she met him on barbecue through common friends, probably in LA couz he has also house in manhattan beach

Maria Sharapova, Kim Aussie Clijsters, Roger Fedex Federer, Petra Kvitova, JMDP, Sabine Lisicki
Pimp_Me_Pova is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3rd, 2013, 11:05 PM   #786
WowWow
mhmmm

WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute

This page...Wtf happened? Lol

I wish she'd tweet a pic of some dish she makes cause she claims to be a good cook.
Old Apr 4th, 2013, 06:37 AM   #787
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy. View Post
I was like "thats what its called I dont get the joke" Then I forgot that Aust. and the US are the only 2 countries that call it that.
she lives in USA , why should she call it football? I think she knows that, soccer is called football outside US, but her friends will think that she speaks about NFL
for instance , i use this word when i'm talking with Americans

WTA Championships 2004
London Olympics silver medallist

32 WTA titles , including 12 Tier I titles
21 weeks #1 player
NashaMasha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4th, 2013, 11:45 AM   #788

AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute

I refuse to use the word soccer out of principle. If I'm talking about football with people who I know will assume another sport, I refer to it as 'association football' (which is where 'soccer' was derived from).

Anyway, when do you guys think that she'll be back to training?
Old Apr 4th, 2013, 11:54 AM   #789
country flag PimpMePova

PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieIWillKnow View Post
I refuse to use the word soccer out of principle. If I'm talking about football with people who I know will assume another sport, I refer to it as 'association football' (which is where 'soccer' was derived from).

Anyway, when do you guys think that she'll be back to training?
Now that you mention it I was wondering does Maria prepare for the clay season in Florida or does she leave earlier for Europe to practice there?
PimpMePova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4th, 2013, 04:42 PM   #790
country flag Cecig

Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of

I think that she used to practice in Spain ( in the Juan Carlos Ferrero's Academy) a couple of times.

https://twitter.com/Ce_Giovanniello
Cecig is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4th, 2013, 06:29 PM   #791

I'd imagine she does a bit in Florida and a bit in Europe.
Old Apr 5th, 2013, 12:44 AM   #792
country flag MM_1257

MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by peipei View Post
She was a fan of Lakers since a young age, way before Sasha started playing there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimp_Me_Pova View Post
she met him on barbecue through common friends, probably in LA couz he has also house in manhattan beach
They hooked up on the barbecue of a commone friend, she knew who he was before, but they never really had a chance to talk... Or.. whatever..

Yes, she is Americanized, no one can deny that. Duh.. LOL
And yes, she trained/trains at Juanqui's facilities in Spain.
Old Apr 5th, 2013, 02:01 AM   #793
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecig View Post
I think that she used to practice in Spain ( in the Juan Carlos Ferrero's Academy) a couple of times.
Well that's where she was after she won RG so she likely still does.

Is his Academy in Barcelona? I've heard Maria and commentators refer to her preparing in Barcelona during several seasons.
Old Apr 5th, 2013, 04:08 AM   #794
country flag Cecig

Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of

Quote:
Maria Sharapova ‏@MariaSharapova 18min
My meetings the last days have reminded me what its like to have an office job. Interesting but so different.
And,Officepova

Quote:
Maria Sharapova ‏@MariaSharapova 17min
Laughing at the idea of bringing a cup of coffee and wearing mascara to my real job.

https://twitter.com/Ce_Giovanniello
Cecig is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5th, 2013, 04:37 AM   #795
Noten

Noten has much to be proud of Noten has much to be proud of Noten has much to be proud of Noten has much to be proud of Noten has much to be proud of Noten has much to be proud of Noten has much to be proud of Noten has much to be proud of Noten has much to be proud of Noten has much to be proud of Noten has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asherahpova View Post
Is his Academy in Barcelona? I've heard Maria and commentators refer to her preparing in Barcelona during several seasons.
Nope. It's in Villena.