Miami 2013: Hometown Glory? - Page 101 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Apr 1st, 2013, 05:13 PM   #1501
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Miami 2013: Hometown Glory?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WowWow View Post
Hmmm....Justine, anyone?
No, does come close, but not quite. The difference is that while many disliked or hated Justine they still had to respect her game and her talent. But the main difference between the hate for Woz and anyone else is that the Woz hate went on non-stop 24/7 for years whereas for others it comes and goes depending on what has just happened, like for example with the USO incidents with Serena. Perhaps the hate for Masha is on par or close these days with the hate for Woz awhile back. I'm in no position to say since I rarely go to GM anymore.

Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Apr 1st, 2013, 05:18 PM   #1502
WowWow
mhmmm

WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
No, does come close, but not quite. The difference is that while many disliked or hated Justine they still had to respect her game and her talent. But the main difference between the hate for Woz and anyone else is that the Woz hate went on non-stop 24/7 for years whereas for others it comes and goes depending on what has just happened, like for example with the USO incidents with Serena. Perhaps the hate for Masha is on par or close these days with the hate for Woz awhile back. I'm in no position to say since I rarely go to GM anymore.
Woz hate was intense but short. JH hate was longggg and consistent, and still going strong in some cases
Old Apr 1st, 2013, 05:20 PM   #1503
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by domon17th View Post
Chrissie-fan Part of what makes the whole GM rubbish bearable is the SS community to be honest.
True. Weird thing is that I didn't expect this fanbase to be as nice and classy before I joined. But now SS and the Caro forum are the only parts of TF that I still visit on a regular basis.

Old Apr 1st, 2013, 05:25 PM   #1504
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by WowWow View Post
Woz hate was intense but short. JH hate was longggg and consistent, and still going strong in some cases
That's not how I experienced it, but perhaps the hate for players that we like the most registers more strongly since we tend to focus the most on threads that are concerning them.

Old Apr 1st, 2013, 06:51 PM   #1505
country flag Stonerpova
`

Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
That's not how I experienced it, but perhaps the hate for players that we like the most registers more strongly since we tend to focus the most on threads that are concerning them.
I don't remember it that way either. People still banded together to celebrate her losses well into last year (and still do to an extent nowadays, it's just not as severe).

I've just accepted that my tendency is to love the most hated players on this forum (Sharapova, Ivanovic, Woz, Kerber, Wickmayer, etc.)

http://imageshack.us/a/img534/5492/maria1y.pnghttp://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4647/xk7s.png
Sharapova Ivanovic Jankovic Pavs Wozniacki Wickmayer Goerges Cetkovska Vaidisova
Tweet. Tumble. Blog.

Last edited by Stonerpova : Apr 1st, 2013 at 06:59 PM.
Stonerpova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1st, 2013, 07:52 PM   #1506
country flag Iblis

Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future Iblis has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trih View Post
I compare GM to an all-round italian board I read, it begun as a videogames based board 13-14 years ago but now it actually has a lot of different sections regarding many topics.
The "general messages" part, which has any kind of thread going on has 5 moderators + I don't know how many supermods (mods which can operate on the WHOLE board) + obviously the admins. It has 52,184 threads with 3,361,425 posts.
Which is the forum, out of curiosity?
Iblis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1st, 2013, 08:07 PM   #1507
country flag Fantasy Hero

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute

I finally finished my report on Miami's two weeks...twice in a row I get to write about Maria

hope you enjoy it

http://ski-and-tennis.blogspot.it/20...ami-title.html

http://ski-and-tennis.blogspot.it
my own blog with reviews and articles, have a look if you're intrested
Fantasy Hero is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1st, 2013, 08:10 PM   #1508
country flag AnnieIWillKnow

AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute

Hell, I think GM's gotten worse in the short time I've been here I was looking back on the threads after Maria won RG the other day and it didn't seem anywhere near as hostile.

It's interesting how divided GM is though - it seems most people are either a Masha fan or a Serena fan, at least in some form. Neutrals seem fairly rare. And then there's those Maria haters who all of a sudden adopt Serena as a 'fave' as it gives them a stick to beat her with...
Old Apr 1st, 2013, 08:15 PM   #1509
country flag heavyhorse

heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute heavyhorse has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieIWillKnow View Post
Hell, I think GM's gotten worse in the short time I've been here I was looking back on the threads after Maria won RG the other day and it didn't seem anywhere near as hostile.

It's interesting how divided GM is though - it seems most people are either a Masha fan or a Serena fan, at least in some form. Neutrals seem fairly rare. And then there's those Maria haters who all of a sudden adopt Serena as a 'fave' as it gives them a stick to beat her with...
I think it's more divided by Masha haters/ Masha fans tbh
heavyhorse is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1st, 2013, 08:16 PM   #1510
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyhorse View Post
It's more divided by select posters from every player sub forum vs. Siberian Siren

Last edited by Cosmic Voices : Apr 1st, 2013 at 08:22 PM.
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1st, 2013, 08:21 PM   #1511
country flag AnnieIWillKnow

AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyhorse View Post
And then the Masha haters become Serena 'fans' as a vehicle to hate Masha with!