Pac 12 - Page 62 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 31st, 2013, 05:43 AM   #916
country flag fantic

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Pac 12

3 champs were present, Hilary Barte, Daniel Nguyen, and Kimberly Yee. Wonder what Kim thought about the match
"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
Nil admirari (never enthuse over things).
- Horace, Epistles
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 31st, 2013, 05:45 AM   #917
Tennisace

Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
#13 California 4, #4 UCLA 3
Mar 30, 2013 at Los Angeles, CA (Los Angeles Tennis Center)

Doubles
1. #25 Chi/Schutting (CAL) def. #13 Anderson/Skylar Morton (UCLA) 8-5
2. #43 Dolehide/Montez (UCLA) def. Duranteau/Fabikova (CAL) 8-2

3. Kelly Chui/Davis (CAL) def. Harrison/McPhillips (UCLA) 8-5

Cal Wins Doubles Point
Singles
1. #3 Robin Anderson (UCLA) def. #6 Anett Schutting (CAL) 7-5, 6-3
2. #59 Lynn Chi (CAL) def. #110 Pamela Montez (UCLA) 6-4, 6-1
3. #80 Klara Fabikova (CAL) def. #67 Kyle McPhillips (UCLA) 3-6, 6-1, 6-3
4. #91 Catherine Harrison (UCLA) def. Tayler Davis (CAL) 6-2, 2-6, 6-2
5. Annie Goransson (CAL) def. Courtney Dolehide (UCLA) 1-6, 6-3, 6-4
6. #88 Kaitlin Ray (UCLA) def. Alice Duranteau (CAL) 6-4, 6-2
Match Notes
California 11-5; 5-1 Pac-12; National ranking #13
UCLA 13-4; 4-2 Pac-12; National ranking #4
Order of finish: Doubles (2,1,3); Singles (6,2,1,3,4,5)
The Bears, however, ended up clinching the point at the No. 3 spot, as Kelly Chui and Tayler Davis downed Bruin freshmen Catherine Harrison and Kyle McPhillips, 8-5. Harrison and McPhillips were actually down 0-5 in that match and were able to get back on serve at 5-6, however ended up losing the final two games.
Tennisace is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31st, 2013, 05:46 AM   #918
country flag fantic

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
#13 California 4, #4 UCLA 3
Mar 30, 2013 at Los Angeles, CA (Los Angeles Tennis Center)

Doubles
1. #25 Chi/Schutting (CAL) def. #13 Anderson/Skylar Morton (UCLA) 8-5
2. #43 Dolehide/Montez (UCLA) def. Duranteau/Fabikova (CAL) 8-2

3. Kelly Chui/Davis (CAL) def. Harrison/McPhillips (UCLA) 8-5

Cal Wins Doubles Point
Singles
1. #3 Robin Anderson (UCLA) def. #6 Anett Schutting (CAL) 7-5, 6-3
2. #59 Lynn Chi (CAL) def. #110 Pamela Montez (UCLA) 6-4, 6-1
3. #80 Klara Fabikova (CAL) def. #67 Kyle McPhillips (UCLA) 3-6, 6-1, 6-3
4. #91 Catherine Harrison (UCLA) def. Tayler Davis (CAL) 6-2, 2-6, 6-2
5. Annie Goransson (CAL) def. Courtney Dolehide (UCLA) 1-6, 6-3, 6-4
6. #88 Kaitlin Ray (UCLA) def. Alice Duranteau (CAL) 6-4, 6-2
Match Notes
California 11-5; 5-1 Pac-12; National ranking #13
UCLA 13-4; 4-2 Pac-12; National ranking #4
Order of finish: Doubles (2,1,3); Singles (6,2,1,3,4,5)
Funny, Lynn played #3 and Klara #2 at SDSU.

Apparently coach Augustus thought Lynn could handle Pam...

And Klara beating Zoe was not a fluke, after all..
"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles
Old Mar 31st, 2013, 07:22 AM   #919
country flag slickshoes510

slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Funny, Lynn played #3 and Klara #2 at SDSU.

Apparently coach Augustus thought Lynn could handle Pam...

And Klara beating Zoe was not a fluke, after all..
Lynn's been playing the #2 position most of this season ahead of Klara. She beat Pam by the same score when they played earlier this season. Kyle clinched the win for UCLA in that same match against Klara so a disappointing showing for Kyle today and this weekend.

Granted I thought Kyle/Cat would win their doubles match and that would've won it for UCLA, however, Stella had no reason playing Courtney ahead of Kaitlin. Courtney beat Alice when they played earlier this season.

Like I said earlier in another post, UCLA is a mess right now at doubles and with their singles lineup. I know Stella is likely not going to do anything which will hurt the team's chances of winning in the end.
slickshoes510 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31st, 2013, 07:38 AM   #920
country flag fantic

yes, I don't think she'll change..McCall played 1 then 2 in her senior season, and it paid dividends by winning a set against Gibbsy at Ojai and clinching the match against Lao at the NCAA.

She's banking on Kyle securing the win at 3, obviously.

And, Kelly Chui should be the player of the week. Because Sabs beating Gibbsy was expected, while Kelly teaming up with Taylor and beating Kyle/Cat is...
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles
Old Mar 31st, 2013, 07:48 AM   #921

slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
yes, I don't think she'll change..McCall played 1 then 2 in her senior season, and it paid dividends by winning a set against Gibbsy at Ojai and clinching the match against Lao at the NCAA.

She's banking on Kyle securing the win at 3, obviously.

And, Kelly Chui should be the player of the week. Because Sabs beating Gibbsy was expected, while Kelly teaming up with Taylor and beating Kyle/Cat is...
Kyle/Cat lost earlier in the season to Cal too...to Tayler and a girl I've never heard of before. I guess they are vulnerable!

Cat showed today that she can play higher in the singles lineup by moving up to #4 and beating Tayler. I still think she should move into the top 3 and Pam should go down to the bottom 3.
Old Mar 31st, 2013, 07:57 AM   #922
country flag tie_breaker

tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

Let me just savor this moment a bit longer before writing the report

Well you got 2 months to savor this moment, then USC may seen Stanford again in the QF's...on any given Saturday...payback is a (like a day at the) beach!
tie_breaker is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31st, 2013, 08:13 AM   #923
country flag tie_breaker

tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickshoes510 View Post
Impressive win by USC. If Stanford beats Cal in a few weeks, UCLA could play spoiler in who wins the Pac-12. UCLA is going to drop in the rankings.
I am not sure about that. Since USC has an face-to-face edge over Stanford then I suspect that decides the tie-breaker if they were to finish at a tie for the conference.
Old Mar 31st, 2013, 08:17 AM   #924

Quote:
Originally Posted by tie_breaker View Post
I am not sure about that. Since USC has an face-to-face edge over Stanford then I suspect that decides the tie-breaker if they were to finish at a tie for the conference.
No. I don't think the Pac-12 does a tiebreaker. I'm too lazy to look it up tonight.
Old Mar 31st, 2013, 11:27 AM   #925
country flag tie_breaker

Quote:
No. I don't think the Pac-12 does a tiebreaker. I'm too lazy to look it up tonight.
I guess you are right! Go UCLA!!!

There is a tie-breaker, which decides who represents the conference as the automatic qualifier.
Old Mar 31st, 2013, 02:01 PM   #926
country flag fantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tie_breaker View Post
Well you got 2 months to savor this moment, then USC may seen Stanford again in the QF's...on any given Saturday...payback is a (like a day at the) beach!
Yeah, STAN is always formidable..

But.

6-1
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles
Old Mar 31st, 2013, 11:58 PM   #927
country flag davidjaime

davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice davidjaime is just really nice

Arizona State just swept WSU 7-0 and are now (15-1, 5-0 PAC-12) what a great momentum going into play against the California schools.

found this on Desirae's twitter:
Desirae Krawczyk ‏@desiraekrawczyk 30 Mar
Pullman is so nice... Said no one ever.

HAHA!

No wonder she got off court so quickly 6-0 6-1, wanted to board the plane ASAP lol
Old Apr 1st, 2013, 01:53 AM   #928
country flag fantic

Desirae Sabs and Cako expressed similar sentiment
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles
Old Apr 1st, 2013, 03:13 AM   #929

The USC victory lap was really in bad taste. I can understand doing that after winning a title or the conference, but not during a regular season match. Maybe it was done out of respect for beating a great team like Stanford. Hopefully UCLA beats them in the final match this season.
Old Apr 1st, 2013, 03:47 AM   #930
country flag fantic

Quote:
The USC victory lap was really in bad taste. I can understand doing that after winning a title or the conference, but not during a regular season match. Maybe it was done out of respect for beating a great team like Stanford. Hopefully UCLA beats them in the final match this season.
I think it was a de facto title match UCLA is plagued with injuries, so..
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles