Pac 12 - Page 61 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 30th, 2013, 04:24 PM   #901
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Pac 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by tie_breaker View Post
On any given Saturday

I don't think STAN will be leaving the courts today without giving it a good fight. This battle is about pride and having owned the PAC 12 title over the years.
Although the win over UCLA wasn't so impressive, today is another day to comeback and perform better and I expect Gibbs and Tsay to perform better.
Tan is a wildcard and Dillon has to play her best to win. Hardebeck is coming to her own and building momentum. All I can say is that winning the doubles point will be big,
because it could be 3-3 in the singles competition.

Not making excuses but with Mal turning pro early, it exposes STAN without the normal depth that they have at the bottom of the line-up, which use to be their core strength until all those SoCal schools caught on

I'll say this that if Gibbsy loses today to Santamaria AND if USC wins, I will change my avatar to USC/SS (through the regular season) if and only if Fantic changes his avatar to Stanford!!!
Why should I change my avatar to the loser if STAN loses Looking forward to the match! But, I'm at Claremont right now... Wish me to arrive at USC in time later
"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
Nil admirari (never enthuse over things).
- Horace, Epistles
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 30th, 2013, 04:30 PM   #902
country flag tie_breaker

tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
Why should I change my avatar to the loser if STAN loses Looking forward to the match! But, I'm at Claremont right now... Wish me to arrive at USC in time later
You only have to change your avatar if STAN wins. I am assuming you're pulling for USC.
tie_breaker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30th, 2013, 04:33 PM   #903
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You only have to change your avatar if STAN wins. I am assuming you're pulling for USC.
no, I'll be mobbed by USC players

But you're welcome to change

Actually I'm thinking of buying a new USC visor at the store
"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles
Old Mar 30th, 2013, 04:37 PM   #904
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Quote:
Wish him a speedy recovery!

By the way, will Ray and Cat stay at UCLA all 4 years? I mean, they can play 1 or 2 at
other schools, but future 1-3 are already pretty much decided among Robin, Kyle and Jennifer

Tan's sacrifice is all the exceptional in that regard; NCAA finalist playing 4 or 5? Come on
She's just too modest!
Actually, UCLA has a history of players transferring out.

Recent case is Hoffpauir, she's now playing #1 at USD.

So, it's not an impossible scenario...
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles
Old Mar 30th, 2013, 05:00 PM   #905
country flag slickshoes510

slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Actually, UCLA has a history of players transferring out.

Recent case is Hoffpauir, she's now playing #1 at USD.

So, it's not an impossible scenario...
Well, Cat switched her commitment to UCLA so I have a difficult time seeing her transferring out. She knew what she was getting into with that decision.

Ray has been injured so maybe she has accepted that with all of those injuries, she may not be a top 3 player?

The one player I can see transferring is Skylar. She and Courtney will probably only play doubles for the remainder of their UCLA career after this season. Courtney will be a senior next year so she will likely stay.
slickshoes510 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30th, 2013, 09:54 PM   #906
country flag tie_breaker

tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold

What happened to the live stream at USC vs. Stanford?
Old Mar 30th, 2013, 11:07 PM   #907

slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light

UCLA loses to Cal 4-3. Seriously? Kaitlin Ray enters back in the singles lineup and you put her at #6? UCLA is a mess right now.
Old Mar 30th, 2013, 11:11 PM   #908
country flag urklerlay

urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future urklerlay has a brilliant future

OUCH!!!

Hard to believe Stacey was the lone winner for the Card. Talk about an up and down season. Not sure why Dillon is playing, Kostas was a bit more impressive to me last time I saw them play.

#6 USC 6, #14 Stanford 1
March 30, 2013 - Marks Stadium
DOUBLES
(1) #1 Christian/Santamaria (USC) def. Ahn/Gibbs (STAN) - 8-1
(2) Tan/Tsay (STAN) def. DeSimone/Scandalis (USC) - 7-6 (5)
(3) Lao/Olmos (USC) def. Dillon/Hardebeck (STAN) - 8-3
USC wins doubles point.
Order of finish: 1, 3, 2
SINGLES
(1) #2 Sabrina Santamaria (USC) def. #20 Nicole Gibbs (STAN) - 6-1, 6-4
(2) #7 Danielle Lao (USC) def. #30 Kristie Ahn (STAN) - 7-6 (1), 6-3
(3) #27 Zoë Scandalis (USC) def. #14 Krista Hardebeck (STAN) - 6-1, 4-6, 6-2
(4) #93 Stacey Tan (STAN) def. #116 Giuliana Olmos (USC) - 6-2, 7-6 (5)
(5) #70 Gabriella DeSimone (USC) def. Ellen Tsay (STAN) - 6-1, 7-6 (3)*
(6) Kaitlyn Christian (USC) def. Natalie Dillon (STAN) - 6-2, 6-0
Order of finish: 6, 1, 5*, 4, 3, 2

Twitter
2013 US OPEN
Flickr
urklerlay is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30th, 2013, 11:45 PM   #909

Impressive win by USC. If Stanford beats Cal in a few weeks, UCLA could play spoiler in who wins the Pac-12. UCLA is going to drop in the rankings.
Old Mar 31st, 2013, 01:35 AM   #910
country flag tie_breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by urklerlay View Post
OUCH!!!

Hard to believe Stacey was the lone winner for the Card. Talk about an up and down season. Not sure why Dillon is playing, Kostas was a bit more impressive to me last time I saw them play.

#6 USC 6, #14 Stanford 1
March 30, 2013 - Marks Stadium
DOUBLES
(1) #1 Christian/Santamaria (USC) def. Ahn/Gibbs (STAN) - 8-1
(2) Tan/Tsay (STAN) def. DeSimone/Scandalis (USC) - 7-6 (5)
(3) Lao/Olmos (USC) def. Dillon/Hardebeck (STAN) - 8-3
USC wins doubles point.
Order of finish: 1, 3, 2
SINGLES
(1) #2 Sabrina Santamaria (USC) def. #20 Nicole Gibbs (STAN) - 6-1, 6-4
(2) #7 Danielle Lao (USC) def. #30 Kristie Ahn (STAN) - 7-6 (1), 6-3
(3) #27 Zoë Scandalis (USC) def. #14 Krista Hardebeck (STAN) - 6-1, 4-6, 6-2
(4) #93 Stacey Tan (STAN) def. #116 Giuliana Olmos (USC) - 6-2, 7-6 (5)
(5) #70 Gabriella DeSimone (USC) def. Ellen Tsay (STAN) - 6-1, 7-6 (3)*
(6) Kaitlyn Christian (USC) def. Natalie Dillon (STAN) - 6-2, 6-0
Order of finish: 6, 1, 5*, 4, 3, 2
Last year Stanford won the regular season match then USC won in the NCAA's QF.

This year USC wins the regular season match...
Old Mar 31st, 2013, 01:42 AM   #911
country flag tie_breaker

Quote:
no, I'll be mobbed by USC players

But you're welcome to change

Actually I'm thinking of buying a new USC visor at the store
You should have taken me up on my offer!!!
Old Mar 31st, 2013, 04:09 AM   #912
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

Quote:
You should have taken me up on my offer!!!

Let me just savor this moment a bit longer before writing the report
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles
Old Mar 31st, 2013, 04:14 AM   #913
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

#13 California 4, #4 UCLA 3
Mar 30, 2013 at Los Angeles, CA (Los Angeles Tennis Center)

Doubles
1. #25 Chi/Schutting (CAL) def. #13 Anderson/Skylar Morton (UCLA) 8-5
2. #43 Dolehide/Montez (UCLA) def. Duranteau/Fabikova (CAL) 8-2

3. Kelly Chui/Davis (CAL) def. Harrison/McPhillips (UCLA) 8-5

Cal Wins Doubles Point
Singles
1. #3 Robin Anderson (UCLA) def. #6 Anett Schutting (CAL) 7-5, 6-3
2. #59 Lynn Chi (CAL) def. #110 Pamela Montez (UCLA) 6-4, 6-1
3. #80 Klara Fabikova (CAL) def. #67 Kyle McPhillips (UCLA) 3-6, 6-1, 6-3
4. #91 Catherine Harrison (UCLA) def. Tayler Davis (CAL) 6-2, 2-6, 6-2
5. Annie Goransson (CAL) def. Courtney Dolehide (UCLA) 1-6, 6-3, 6-4
6. #88 Kaitlin Ray (UCLA) def. Alice Duranteau (CAL) 6-4, 6-2
Match Notes
California 11-5; 5-1 Pac-12; National ranking #13
UCLA 13-4; 4-2 Pac-12; National ranking #4
Order of finish: Doubles (2,1,3); Singles (6,2,1,3,4,5)
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles
Old Mar 31st, 2013, 04:16 AM   #914
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

It seems Klara is the real thing.

Kyle

So, de facto #1 team is now USC I guess

And I'll be surprised if Sabs don't win NCAA. There's no competition for her, she just schooled Gibbsy. Dunno how many winners Sabs scored today...She could take Falconi's route, turning pro..
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles
Old Mar 31st, 2013, 04:19 AM   #915
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

And, Sabs, Lao, Zoe NCAA semi final is quite possible

Now who will fill the other spot
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles