Acc - Page 17 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 10th, 2013, 06:04 PM   #241
country flag Embittered

Embittered has disabled reputation
Re: Acc

In winning a game against Oyen, Borthwick obviously proved that Hyde was wrong to demote her: http://www.ramblinwreck.com/livestat...nnis/xlive.htm

Hmm...
Embittered is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 12th, 2013, 04:03 PM   #242
country flag 2nd_serve

2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all

Article Sez
Irish to join ACC in July
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...-july/1981427/
2nd_serve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13th, 2013, 02:13 AM   #243
country flag 10sE

10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweatySteve View Post
What is the deal with Wake Forest? Why are they so incredibly bad this year?
It has already been discussed here. The Wake coach was a junior varsity tennis player who has never competed (obviously) or coached in the NCAA tournament. Losing win-loss record over a long and undistinguished career. Poor guy is in over his head.
10sE is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19th, 2013, 06:05 PM   #244
country flag CTSEMT

CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all

Duke has made their selection - the new Blue Devil #6 is Nicole Lipp, a senior who recently wrapped up her career on the soccer team. She does have a tennis background and is in fact the older sister of blue chip recruit Maddie Lipp, who's headed to Northwestern. Curious to see how she does...
CTSEMT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22nd, 2013, 10:31 AM   #245
country flag Embittered

No. 1 Carolina Survives At No. 40 State

No. 1 North Carolina 4, No. 40 NC State 3
Doubles
1. Whitney Kay/Caroline Price (UNC) def. Joelle Kissell/Tatiana Illova (NCSU) 8-5
2. Ashley Dai/Zoe De Bruycker (UNC) def. Elisha Hande/Nicole Martinez (NCSU) 8-4
3. Chloe Smith/Sophie Nelson (NCSU) def. Gina Suarez-Malaguti/Lauren McHale (UNC) 8-5
Order of finish: 2, 3, 1

Singles
1. #63 Joelle Kissell (NCSU) def. #4 Gina Suarez-Malaguti (UNC) 6-3, 6-2
2. Tatiana Illova (NCSU) def. #36 Zoe De Bruycker (UNC) 6-3, 4-6, 6-2
3. #23 Whitney Kay (UNC) def. Rachael James-Baker (NCSU) 6-1, 6-7 (3), 6-3
4. Lauren McHale (UNC) def. Nicole Martinez (NCSU) 6-3, 6-2
5. #30 Caroline Price (UNC) def. Chloe Smith (NCSU) 6-0, 6-1
6. Elisha Hande (NCSU) def. #123 Ashley Dai (UNC) 6-2, 1-6, 1-0 (10)
Order of finish: 4, 1, 5, 3*, 2, 6
Old Mar 23rd, 2013, 04:09 AM   #246
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

Nauta is playing #1 for UVA now.

I did think Elbaba played a bit too well at WAATC (compared to what I've seen her play during her junior tournaments) After that her results aren't that good.

Epstein hasn't played for a month, is she injured?
"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
Nil admirari (never enthuse over things).
- Horace, Epistles
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23rd, 2013, 06:50 AM   #247
country flag tennisbuddy12
College Tennis/Team USA expert

tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute tennisbuddy12 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
Nauta is playing #1 for UVA now.

I did think Elbaba played a bit too well at WAATC (compared to what I've seen her play during her junior tournaments) After that her results aren't that good.

Epstein hasn't played for a month, is she injured?
Elbaba did win a 10k before coming to UVA, and I feel like the coach is trying to build Nauta a ranking, but I don't know. As for Epstein, I don't know how long she's out, maybe until NCAAs, but she had some type of surgery. I saw it on her twitter.

tennisbuddy12 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30th, 2013, 08:37 PM   #248
country flag Embittered

North Carolina about to take a tumble: http://goheels.com/fls/3350/tennisstats/xlive.htm

Which they did indeed, losing 4-3 at home to 27th-ranked Virginia.

http://www.goheels.com/ViewArticle.d...DB_OEM_ID=3350

No. 27 Virginia 4, No. 1 North Carolina 3
Doubles
1. Stephanie Nauta/Erin Vierra (UVA) def. #42 Caroline Price/Whitney Kay (NC), 8-6
2. Julia Elbaba/Hana Tomljanovic (UVA) def. Gina Suarez-Malaguti/Tessa Lyons (NC), 8-6
3. Zoe De Bruycker/Ashley Dai (NC) def. Li Xi/Maria Fuccillo (UVA), 8-5
Order of finish: 3, 1, 2

Singles
1. #9 Gina Suarez-Malaguti (NC) def. #65 Stephanie Nauta (UVA), 6-2, 6-2
2. #15 Julia Elbaba (UVA) def. #43 Zoe De Bruycker (NC), 6-3, 6-1
3. #25 Whitney Kay (NC) def. Li Xi (UVA), 6-1, 6-1
4. #33 Caroline Price (NC) def. Hana Tomljanovic (UVA), 6-0, 7-6 (10-8)
5. Erin Vierra (UVA) def. Kate Vialle (NC), 3-6, 6-3, 6-1
6. Caryssa Peretz (UVA) def. Ashley Dai (NC), 6-1, 6-3
Order of finish: 3, 6, 2, 1, 4, 5

Last edited by Embittered : Mar 30th, 2013 at 11:23 PM.
Old Mar 31st, 2013, 12:09 AM   #249
country flag knoxt

knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold

Lol, UNC loses! So much for the #1 rank... UVA should've beaten Duke yesterday. Nauta had a major choke.
knoxt is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31st, 2013, 03:56 AM   #250
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

it's not an upset imo UVA doubles did pretty well in the Fall, so..
"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles
Old Mar 31st, 2013, 09:29 PM   #251
country flag knoxt

knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold knoxt is a splendid one to behold

Considering how badly the team played early in the season, this is an upset. Li Xi can't seem to recover from her injuries, while Elbaba dropped to the #2 spot in singles. Added to this, Epstein is out with injury as well. Good win for UVA given the circumstances.
knoxt is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2013, 06:11 PM   #252
Tennisace

Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold Tennisace is a splendid one to behold

Duke only playing with 5 players. Goldfeld is out. Forfeited No. 3 doubles and No. 6 singles.

Georgia Tech up 2-0 and with Lipp playing No. 5, its almost a guaranteed 3-0.

All other Duke courts have to win.
Tennisace is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 6th, 2013, 10:44 PM   #253
country flag Amalgamate

Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future Amalgamate has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
Duke only playing with 5 players. Goldfeld is out. Forfeited No. 3 doubles and No. 6 singles.

Georgia Tech up 2-0 and with Lipp playing No. 5, its almost a guaranteed 3-0.

All other Duke courts have to win.
I think she's also out for the season. Capra, Kahan, Turewicz, and now Goldfeld. Duke

Starting every match practically down 3-0 now (forfeit #3 doubles, lose Lipp's doubles match at #2, forfeit #6 singles, and lose #5 Lipp's singles).
Amalgamate is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7th, 2013, 12:53 AM   #254
country flag 2nd_serve

2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalgamate View Post
I think she's also out for the season. Capra, Kahan, Turewicz, and now Goldfeld. Duke

Starting every match practically down 3-0 now (forfeit #3 doubles, lose Lipp's doubles match at #2, forfeit #6 singles, and lose #5 Lipp's singles).
It seems with fielding only 5 players, Lipp is taken out of doubles.

Doubles Competition
1. #67 Megan Kurey/Kendal Woodard (GT) def. Hanna Mar/Mary Clayton (DUKE) 9-8 (7-3)
2. Marianne Jodoin/Annie Mulholland (DUKE) def. Elizabeth Kilborn/Muriel Wacker (GT) 8-6
3. Natasha Prokhnevska/Jasmine Minor (GT) def. No player/No player (DUKE), by forfeit.

Is the Duke situation so bad that they will fall out of hosting a regional? It is sad what injuries can do.

Last edited by 2nd_serve : Apr 7th, 2013 at 01:02 AM.
2nd_serve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20th, 2013, 08:33 PM   #255
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

UVA beat FSU 4-0 today

http://www.virginiasports.com/livest...nnis/xlive.htm
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles