Laura Robson: The Silver Medal Years 2012- - Page 99 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Mar 30th, 2013, 12:38 AM   #1471
country flag Jack.

Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Laura Robson: The Silver Medal Years 2012-

Will her match in the final be televised?

Juan Martin Del Potro
Jack. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Mar 30th, 2013, 12:54 AM   #1472
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play_Suspended View Post
Great performance. Gotta feel this is so mental just not feeling the pressure in doubles as in singles. She can play the tennis, by all accounts she was the best player on the court today. Said she wasn't nervous serving the match out. If only we could take this Laura and put her on the singles court in Charleston next week.

Totally agree with Lisa being a good influence. Posted some articles with quotes from them in the interview thread and at one point Laura talks about getting distracted during the MTO and Lisa saying 'focus!'. Even if nothing official happens (which I doubt), would be good to have either as a doubles partner or just as someone to chat to occassionally when stuff is getting tough and just use Lisa's general experience. The two clearly get on well and seem as tho they're having fun.

Both seemed quite keen on playing more together, they have the same agents which obvs helps, I hope they do play more together and this would bring Lisa into the fold more even in an unoffical context. Be interesting to see if Lisa goes back to Sam or ditches her for a younger model xD Though I suspect a lot will depend on Laura's scheduling and willingness to commit to at least semi regularly playing doubles.

Interesting comment in one article about how she could relax more in doubles as you didnt have to think as much as in singles xD

yes, it is normal she was relaxed . This was a last minute pairing, so no pression.
guichard is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30th, 2013, 02:59 AM   #1473
country flag Evans.

Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all Evans. is a name known to all
I found it hilarious that in the interview Laura basically said she loves that she doesn't have to think in doubles. She just picks a spot and hits it hard.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Evans. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30th, 2013, 09:44 AM   #1474
Royals.

Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evans. View Post
I found it hilarious that in the interview Laura basically said she loves that she doesn't have to think in doubles. She just picks a spot and hits it hard.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
This. Pretty much
Old Mar 30th, 2013, 12:58 PM   #1475
country flag allracquetsports

allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evans. View Post
Like everyone I hope Laura will carry the performance into the singles but it may not happen based on her comments. Sounds like Laura's success in doubles is down to her being able to use what appears to be well above average power from the back of the court. She is able to take advantage of

a) The court that she plays in & the ground she has to cover is generally much smaller than in singles
b) The court that she is hitting into is a few feet wider on both sides than in singles
c) Make a bad shot and an experienced doubles partner can sometimes keep alive points that would otherwise be lost

Difficult to see how 'pick a spot and belt it' can have the same success in the singles game.
allracquetsports is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30th, 2013, 02:04 PM   #1476
country flag allracquetsports

allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice allracquetsports is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhNaNa View Post
Will her match in the final be televised?
If you go to the Sony Open tennis official site and click Watch Online, It shows the WTA & ATP finals on TV, but nothing about the doubles.

Looks like it is the Bet365 or Live scores page.

allracquetsports is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30th, 2013, 02:10 PM   #1477
country flag Joe.

Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute

Unbelievable win

If she can win the title tomorrow it will be the biggest title a British woman has won in a VERY long time!
Old Mar 30th, 2013, 08:18 PM   #1478
country flag maartenround

maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light maartenround is a glorious beacon of light

RD1: Robson vs. Cabeza-Candela
RD2: Robson vs. Q/Q
RD3: Robson vs. Hantuchova/Erakovic/Stosur
maartenround is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30th, 2013, 08:56 PM   #1479
country flag AnnieIWillKnow

AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute

Anything other than 2 wins here is unacceptable.

She's a big girl now, and there can no longer be excuses. Needs to start winning the matches she's seeded to win.
Old Mar 30th, 2013, 08:58 PM   #1480
country flag =HomeAlone=

=HomeAlone= is a glorious beacon of light =HomeAlone= is a glorious beacon of light =HomeAlone= is a glorious beacon of light =HomeAlone= is a glorious beacon of light =HomeAlone= is a glorious beacon of light =HomeAlone= is a glorious beacon of light =HomeAlone= is a glorious beacon of light =HomeAlone= is a glorious beacon of light =HomeAlone= is a glorious beacon of light =HomeAlone= is a glorious beacon of light =HomeAlone= is a glorious beacon of light

Laura Robson relaxes on a luxury yacht

=HomeAlone= is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30th, 2013, 09:12 PM   #1481
Royals.

Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute Royals. has a reputation beyond repute

^ You should post these in the Pictures thread.
Old Mar 30th, 2013, 09:40 PM   #1482
country flag Jack.

Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute

Laura is beautiful

Juan Martin Del Potro
Jack. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30th, 2013, 10:04 PM   #1483
country flag =HomeAlone=

=HomeAlone= is a glorious beacon of light =HomeAlone= is a glorious beacon of light =HomeAlone= is a glorious beacon of light =HomeAlone= is a glorious beacon of light =HomeAlone= is a glorious beacon of light =HomeAlone= is a glorious beacon of light =HomeAlone= is a glorious beacon of light =HomeAlone= is a glorious beacon of light =HomeAlone= is a glorious beacon of light =HomeAlone= is a glorious beacon of light =HomeAlone= is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by BodyElectric. View Post
^ You should post these in the Pictures thread.
link please
=HomeAlone= is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 30th, 2013, 10:14 PM   #1484
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by =HomeAlone= View Post
link please
http://www.tennisforum.com/showthrea...8#post26242618
guichard is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31st, 2013, 04:39 PM   #1485
country flag Sean.
Look who's back!

Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute Sean. has a reputation beyond repute
Doesn't look like the doubles will be streamed. Premier Mandatory, my arse!

Sent from Verticalsports.com App

Vera Zvonareva * Ana Ivanović * Li Na * Laura Robson ......
Sean. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote